• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So we're going to act like Kanye doesn't jump on the blogger penis since that time? He's been on that ever since the graduation/808s era. That's Kanye's biggest impact now and his appeal. He cleverly mainstreams things bubbling on the border of underground visibility. By doing so he strokes two kinds of egos; he gets the RYM style music fans that like to be on the cutting edge but just like everyone else needs real life validation for their taste. The other side is the opposite; people with generally 'plebeian' tastes in everything else but like to seem like they are getting some next level art shit once in a while to be reassured that they're not consuming reiterated garbage.

#thedualities

You said what I was thinking but yeah he is just pulling what Jay did.

T Dollarz

Have any of you guys ever been arrested? It's been a little over 24 hours since it happened and I just feel like I can't go on. Directly after I called the suicide hotline and talked to her for like 10 minutes but she just ended up telling me I should attend therapy at the local health center. Since then I haven't eaten anything in like 36 hours, haven't talked to anyone, just been in bed for a full day. I have no desire to do anything. I got four charges against me, bond is $1500, it just feels like life is over. A few days ago I was saying how it was the happiest I had been in a really long time, I started my first full time job a couple weeks ago and I really love it. Now I have to go to work in a couple hours and I don't know how, I have too much on my mind I can't even think about functioning like a normal person. I'm just really scared, feel so isolated and all I can think about is that there's only one way to end it. Sorry to post this here but I don't know where else to go

HiResDes

Have any of you guys ever been arrested? It's been a little over 24 hours since it happened and I just feel like I can't go on. Directly after I called the suicide hotline and talked to her for like 10 minutes but she just ended up telling me I should attend therapy at the local health center. Since then I haven't eaten anything in like 36 hours, haven't talked to anyone, just been in bed for a full day. I have no desire to do anything. I got four charges against me, bond is $1500, it just feels like life is over. A few days ago I was saying how it was the happiest I had been in a really long time, I started my first full time job a couple weeks ago and I really love it. Now I have to go to work in a couple hours and I don't know how, I have too much on my mind I can't even think about functioning like a normal person. I'm just really scared, feel so isolated and all I can think about is that there's only one way to end it. Sorry to post this here but I don't know where else to go
I've been there and I gotta say as bleak as things seem at times and even when I seemed to have an entire year of misery I wouldn't go back now and trade it all. The moments of bliss that I've experienced though very brief and fleeting have been so euphoric that now I can only look past my depressed phases and look forward, except when I drink too heavy. Also set goals for yourself that you feel you have to keep before you die. I can't die before I finish all of my screenplays and make sure my daughter is set financially.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

do you have any family/friends who you cant talk to about this? i really think you should really talk to someone, anyone.

look i dont know anything about serious depression, but even i have had these thoughts in my darkest days. I know its not something you can brush off, but look back and use that to push your self forward.

Been in a similar place as you t dollaz. I thought it was going to ruin my life but compared to where I was when I got caught up and where I am in life now I'm glad it happened. Definitely talk to a shrink if you have access to one and try your best to stay away from any serious drinking or drugging. Shit gets better fam. You're in a rut and you'll get out of it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
finally listened to banco.

memo is my jam fam
p0QHO.gif

T Dollarz

I don't wanna talk to any family or "friends" because I am done bringing people down with me. It's my fault one of my best friends got arrested too and the responsibility of the entire situation is just too much for me to handle. I can't live with parlaying my problems and flaws onto others anymore. If I'm going to continue to live it's gonna have to be in a state of isolation so that my mistakes can't bring down others.

codhand

which is pretty much what a kanye collab will amount to for mcartney

I don't wanna talk to any family or "friends" because I am done bringing people down with me. It's my fault one of my best friends got arrested too and the responsibility of the entire situation is just too much for me to handle. I can't live with parlaying my problems and flaws onto others anymore. If I'm going to continue to live it's gonna have to be in a state of isolation so that my mistakes can't bring down others.

You don't need to live in isolation. Mistakes are how we learn, for better or worse.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"The Post quotes sources saying that West and McCartney have been secretly working in the studio together on a number of tracks that "could develop into an album""

so...Kanye/McCartney collab album?

ibtfqByirp798w.gif

Tokubetsu

I will not get hyped for a Travis Scott release

I won't lie this is what I have been saying to myself since someone posted a snippet a day ago

Esch

Banned
Don't see why you wouldn't. Don't you like plenty of stuff in this lane?

troll.png

Time to eat

Tokubetsu

Don't see why you wouldn't. Don't you like plenty of stuff in this lane?

troll.png

Time to eat

Honest to god Esch, sometimes I listen to any 90s rap and in my heart I hear a whisper: "This was the best era of rap."

I snuff it out real quick.

I was listening to "Friend or Foe" today and it crept on me. Got me in my feelings.

Esch

Banned
Honest to god Esch, sometimes I listen to any 90s rap and in my heart I hear a whisper: "This was the best era of rap."

I snuff it out real quick.

I was listening to "Friend or Foe" today and it crept on me. Got me in my feelings.
Were you listening to the OG or Part 2? I like the beat on that OG with those mournful horns but I think part 2 is more lyrically impressive and intense on the mic. One of the reasons I like Streets is Watching is how they connected the two in the movie.

Classic song series though. I'd almost fuck with a part three from a corporate boardroom/bargaining perspective.

Tokubetsu

Totally missed this. Sorry about shit coming at you like this. Keep your head up, and try to stay level.

Side note about the suicide hotline: 100% certain that they're trained to never actually give you advice. They're mainly there to help point you down avenues that can help, a stepping stone.

You talk about feeling isolated and alone but look at what you are saying. You are practically part of the reason for feeling that way because you aren't talking to others about your issues.

I promise I am just like that. I fucking hate talking to others about problems that I'm going through for a lot of different reasons but just to give you an example recently. My car broke down at about 2 am due to alternator and I had to push it into a gas station. I had to sleep in my car that night with windows up because no power in my car in this hot fucking Houston heat because this asshole at the station kept threatening to tow my car even though I just asked if I could keep it there til noon and it wasn't in anyone's way at all. So yeah, I slept in my car for 4 hours waiting for a tow truck to get my car, during those 4 hours I would get woken up by crackheads asking if I would buy some or had any money.

Anyway the next morning I ended up talking to a homie who I was hanging out with that night and telling him what happened after I left the bar. He ended up buying me an alternator and installed it for me when I didn't even ask him to do at all. Which I know was at least 200 out his pockets.

Basically all I am saying is not to shut people outside of your life. I cannot guarantee that people will just drop 1500 bail money out on you , but you have to at least have someone that you can talk to and have a clear mind about what to do next in life. There's a chance someone can help you out one way or another

overcast

T, keep your head up. You even said yourself how happy you were a few weeks ago, you'll get there again man. Talk to a psychiatrist if you have to.

mooooose

T Dollaz I'm sure you don't want to talk about it but what happened? I'm so curious why you're so upset, what were your arrested for?

HiResDes

I really should have a DUI myself. An undercover girl cop followed me from the bar and pulled me over for apparently swerving in order to try to nail with the DUI. They made me get out and another cop car came for backup. I thought I was done. But after talking to them I think I seemed more sober than they were expecting. I passed a simple walking test and so they just gave me tickets, parked my car at a McDonald's two miles away and drove me home.

A few days ago I was saying how it was the happiest I had been in a really long time, I started my first full time job a couple weeks ago and I really love it.

Read what you wrote here, man. You were happy with life a few days ago. You can be there again. It's going to suck and be hard and take a ton of work but everything you were excited for is still there.

And trust me, you aren't a burden to others. The type of person who can be a burden most often doesn't realize it. Your family and friends will want to help--assuming you ask--because they care about you and want to see you happy. Not out of obligation. The same way you want to see them happy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Keep it together T Dollarz, at the very least you should acknowledge that you are not in a state to make rational decisions, focus on getting your head clear before you make any decisions you regret. Keep your head up.

Young Dro - Errthang.

J. Cole showing his respects in Ferguson.

Eve ft. Madonna & Pharrell - The Beat Is So Crazy. Allegedly from 2007, not bad.

Troy Ave & BSB Vol. 5 mixtape.

G-Unit - Ahhh Shit. Talking about Ferguson. Buck went in, damn.

Que ft. 2 Chainz - Rich Problems. Bangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom