• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm over from software after dark souls 2. I don't got time for that shit

The division tho, that looks STRAIGHT UP
Skipped DS2, looked booty from the jump.

Bloodborne kind of looks like Lords of the Fallen, so I'm down for making combat a bit more fast paced in that genre.

IrishNinja

oh and i'm worried about persona 5 at this point

based on what though? like we've barely seen enough to worry bout yet, and 4 was one of the greats

Pretty much none of the games y'all looking forward to align with what I'm looking forward to.

Bloodborne, Splatoons

wait wait add these to my list too
wanna say MGS V (Ground Zeroes was enjoyable) but man 4 really stunk up the joint

I'm over from software after dark souls 2. I don't got time for that shit

was it really that bad? i held out for a PS4 port

Cheddahz

Banned
based on what though? like we've barely seen enough to worry bout yet, and 4 was one of the greats

man, i don't know, it's a gut feeling i guess. i'm just worried to won't live up to 3/4 (cause like, those games are perfect) and yeah, but it'll be nice to see atlus not release another persona 4 spinoff soon

was it really that bad? i held out for a PS4 port

i only played it for two hours and it felt rushed and uninspired and i thought the game was "easy" (seriously, i was playing it with no shield and two swords and i was going dante on those enemies). i mainly died because of the platforming sections

IrishNinja

oh yeah, they're milking 4 dry and like 10 years from now after Persona 5's Kitchen Tips and Teddie Stubs his Toe i'm sure i'm gonna have 5 as well

i only played it for two hours and it felt rushed and uninspired and i thought the game was "easy" (seriously, i was playing it with no shield and two swords and i was going dante on those enemies). i mainly died because of the platforming sections

fuck this sounds like nothing i want in a Souls game

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man, Witcher 3 looks great. 2015 will definitely be greatness.

as for this year, y'all sleeping on AC Unity. become my most anticipated game of the year once Arkham Knight got delayed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
B.o.B. - New Black. Addresses Mike Brown shooting.

man, Witcher 3 looks great. 2015 will definitely be greatness.

as for this year, y'all sleeping on AC Unity. become my most anticipated game of the year once Arkham Knight got delayed.
AC: Unity looks so damn good. It really looks like they're addressing most of the complaints for the series. I'm super impressed.

Unfortunately, Arkham Knight isn't doing anything for me. It is pretty though.

OG Kush

To be fair, Kendrick has also said that there are darker stories he can tell. I'm not worried about the narrative, even though I know a lot of people will automatically dismiss it as either being too much like GKMC or not enough like GKMC ("it's not as thematically consistent!"). Which goes back to my view that he can't win.

Not worried about the flow either. He has recorded scores of demos and is experimenting...I like that. To often in rap there's very little focus on using a studio properly, and not as a place to make hundreds of throwaway tracks (see: MMG) that drain your creativity.

He's working with some heavy bass producers (Thundercat, Pete Rock, Quik, etc). He'll be weaving in and out of beats, I'm sure.
Mate, jimi hendrix just jammed in the studio. He was notorious for just making random music all day in the studio, practically lived there.

cacophony

AC looks exactly like past 20 ones. bloodborne looks fucking awful from that demo, i dont know what people see in that. division looks crazy but wont be out for forever

im so picky about games now lol. i guess cause i buy like 4 a year

cb1115

B.o.B. - New Black. Addresses Mike Brown shooting.

AC: Unity looks so damn good. It really looks like they're addressing most of the complaints for the series. I'm super impressed.

Unfortunately, Arkham Knight isn't doing anything for me. It is pretty though.
despite being a big fan of both franchises, I wasn't expecting much from either game until I saw those E3 stage demos. started to finally feel AC fatigue after IV, but it looks like Unity is shaking things up quite a bit.

IrishNinja

i am so done with AC games...batman's getting there too, we'll see how this next one goes

Waiting for a PS4 price drop before I get hyped over any game.

honestly you're not yet missing much, no reason not to wait - ive played Resogun, Infamous (borrowed), MGS V demo, the DLC for Last of Us remastered, and P.T. (my favorite so far), plus a few indies & some terrible launch shit (Killzone, Knack)...the party has not started yet

T Dollarz

I don't think I've gotten legit excited to buy a new game at release in like 5 years. The soonest I will bite on a next gen system is in a few months when things really get rolling (and 2k15 is out). Did play the Destiny beta on 360 though and thought it was pretty fuckin sweet. Still undecided on which system to get though. Sometime next year I'll be looking to build my own gaming PC though finally.

IrishNinja

oh yeah i forgot my weekend of the Destiny beta, went from wanting the game to grinding too much and being up in the air again...if enough friends get it i might bite but not really hyped

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gaming is in a weird place. On one hand I'm excited for a lot of games, on the other I'm losing motivation to play them by the time they come out.

Like, I don't know if I'll actually care for FFXV when it comes out, or what Ubi will announce about The Division to turn me off.

Mate, jimi hendrix just jammed in the studio. He was notorious for just making random music all day in the studio, practically lived there.

But that's a creative process; Hendrix also listened to records in the studio, brainstormed with his producer, etc. So much of mainstream rap revolves around the concept of spending "hours working" in the studio...making the same song 10 times. No wonder albums rarely match the mixtapes, which are recorded before endless studio expenses.

Esch

Banned
really DominoKid was spot on in that rappers pretty much, either through their own efforts or a label push, make songs with the exact same concept over and over and over again, and put together projects that are like that too. It's like; everything is made in the template of In My Lifetime, Vol. 1. You got some grimy joints, some swag joints, a banger, a couple wack songs for the ladies, a conscious flavored jawn or two. Way too many guys follow that exact same model. That's why albums like The Night's Gambit are so refreshing.

honestly you're not yet missing much, no reason not to wait - ive played Resogun, Infamous (borrowed), MGS V demo, the DLC for Last of Us remastered, and P.T. (my favorite so far), plus a few indies & some terrible launch shit (Killzone, Knack)...the party has not started yet

I can tell. Everyone in Gaming side of GAF hypes everything to the fucking max I'm just like is this game really worth my sixty plus dollars, will it have longevity, does this look fun ? These are the questions I ask myself before I buy a game shit the last new release I bought was GTAV and I still play it to this day. Destiny will probably be my next purchase had tons of fun with the beta.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can tell. Everyone in Gaming side of GAF hypes everything to the fucking max I'm just like is this game really worth my sixty plus dollars, will it have longevity, does this look fun ? These are the questions I ask myself before I buy a game shit the last new release I bought was GTAV and I still play it to this day. Destiny will probably be my next purchase had tons of fun with the beta.
TBH a lot of the next gen games I want are cheap thrills. Driveclub, Infamous, etc. But I'm okay with that, there's very few games I feel like truly hold their value longer than 10 hours of gameplay anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lil Jon talks with Cipha Sounds. Lol I already know no one is gonna click this but I didn't know this dude was caking like that. 3 years of residency at apparently one of the biggest hotels in Vegas and DJ Snake didn't think his feature would work and wanted him to redo a Redman sample instead for Turn Down For What.

Cheddahz

Banned
COOL NEWS PT. 2: THE BOX SET
THE LIL UGLY MANE ANTHOLOGY BOX SET (RIP) WILL CONSIST OF:
4 LP'S
2 LPS OF BRAND NEW UNRELEASED MATERIAL.
ONE OF SAID RELEASES BEING A BRAND NEW FULL ON UGLY / SHAWN KEMP CRUSHER.
THE OTHER A SURPRISE COLLABORATION FULL OF SECRET(S).
1 LP COMPILING ALL OF THE SINGLES.
1 LP EDITION OF PLAYAZ CIRCLE.
AS WELL AS 4 CASSETTES
1 EDITION OF THE NEW LP ON CASSETTE.
1 EDITION OF THE OTHER NEW LP ON CASSETTE.
A NEW EDITION OF MISTA THUG ISOLATION ON CASSETTE.
A CASSETTE OF INSTRUMENTALS, ODDITIES, WHATEVER THE FUCK FITS.
:::
HOLD YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT PRE-ORDER, COST, DUE DATE PLEASE. I WILL TELL YOU ALL OF THAT WHEN WE KNOW. WE WILL ALL KNOW TOGETHER WHEN I KNOW.
XO
ORMOLYCKA

OH GOD!

injurai

Banned
i mean, i'm excited as shit for the witcher 3 (loved the second one, even if i did play the inferior xbox 360 version), but god damn, i want that cyberpunk game badly!

don't get your dick out just yet

The Witcher 3 is easily the most impressive game that is coming to fruition.

Found a new tea shop and thought of y'all. Bird Pick Tea & Herb out in Culver City.

oAKy6Jp.jpg

cb1115

never been a big PC gaming fan tbh. the likelihood of me downloading the wrong thing or tweaking the wrong settings and blowing up my computer to holy hell is extremely high.

Nah but your inquisitive nature means you will eventually learn the ins and outs and be able to do everything with ease. PC gaming is a billion times less work than it's often made out to be. It wasn't even that bad in like the late 90s/early 00s.

OTOH I spent like three hours trying to fix a save file I fucked in Shadow Keeper for BG2 a few weeks ago so it definitely still has some rough spots. I guess I've just grown to love that type of frustration.

cb1115

Nah but your inquisitive nature means you will eventually learn the ins and outs and be able to do everything with ease. PC gaming is a billion times less work than it's often made out to be. It wasn't even that bad in like the late 90s/early 00s.

OTOH I spent like three hours trying to fix a save file I fucked in Shadow Keeper for BG2 a few weeks ago so it definitely still has some rough spots. I guess I've just grown to love that type of frustration.

might try to get into it depending on how long this console generation is. like, if it only lasts 4 years or so.

or maybe this will just be the last console generation ever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom