• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

hcJnCWK.jpg

Esch

Banned
Be careful Esch you don't want state police knocking on the door for being an agitator.

they try to hit me with the RICO

i mean at least the combat would finally get interesting

The combat is interesting. It's been modeled with historical context and physics to be as accurate as possible, there are duels, the ranged game looks fun as hell. This is pretty much as close to the real thing as you can get. But i guess you aren't interested in realism or first person games, so it's falling on deaf ears. Peep how the siege options sound and how you can fight or stealth your way through. Shit is boss.

this is pretty much unlike anything you've ever played

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't say there's much on PCs I'm looking forward to. Maybe Star Citizen, and an even bigger maybe to Fortnight.

Is Cyberpunk exclusive?

Esch

Banned
I'm gonna be honest, never really got the nostalgia for GCN and Xbox. One was a halobox with some 6-7/10 cult games on the side, the other was a Nintendobox with 6-7/10 cult games on the side.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna be honest, never really got the nostalgia for GCN and Xbox. One was a halobox with some 6-7/10 cult games on the side, the other was a Nintendobox with 6-7/10 cult games on the side.
I don't think this is an unpopular opinion, but there were a swath of 9-10 cultish games.

Xbox had two of the greatest racing games of all time, PGR2 and Rallisport Challenge 2, and stuff like Ninja Gaiden.

It's a general consensus that PS2 was THE console to own, but like any other gen, you'll find gems and unique software anywhere. Except OUYA.

overcast

I played Halo, Oddworld, and quite a few multiplatform games on Xbox so I get nostalgic. GameCube had smash, luigis mansion, f zero, and wind waker. So, similar deal.

PS2 was definitely the main machine and the one I loved most.

Yo straight up I don't get gaf's love for from softener, dark souls was cool but I realize now that I don't got time for some janky controls and dying all the time

If I want difficulty at least gimme something that plays smooth like the god-tier ninja gaiden

I'm passing on bloodborne, ps4 is just gonna be my destiny and fifa-box until better games come out later next year

Pc for batman and witcher

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't call DS janky, but gaming side has some hard-ons for stupid shit.

It's pretty hard to post in threads there now because all people care about is resolution and framerate or else pre-order cancelled.

Yo straight up I don't get gaf's love for from softener, dark souls was cool but I realize now that I don't got time for some janky controls and dying all the time

If I want difficulty at least gimme something that plays smooth like the god-tier ninja gaiden

I'm passing on bloodborne, ps4 is just gonna be my destiny and fifa-box until better games come out later next year

Pc for batman and witcher

Bloodborne looks so much more fluid though. Like almost crossing the line into stylish action with the shotgun parry + quick dodge moves. I'm not the biggest Souls fan, but that game can be something special. Have you seen the direct feed footage yet?

Also, Banco is kinda legit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bloodborne looks like the game Souls should've been. Both Demon and Dark I'll never fully understand. They're just not fun, but seemingly people convince themselves they are, but then again people put up with DOTA and WoW for thousands of hours of their lives so I guess I can buy why Demon/Dark Souls is seen as entertaining.

Tokubetsu

Bloodborne looks like the game Souls should've been. Both Demon and Dark I'll never fully understand. They're just not fun, but seemingly people convince themselves they are, but then again people put up with DOTA and WoW for thousands of hours of their lives so I guess I can buy why Demon/Dark Souls is seen as entertaining.

They're fun.

Esch

Banned

HiResDes

I like hard difficulty, but not shit that's really quite trial and error like some of the parts of Dark/Demon Souls. I really just wish I had the dedication, they seem like they should be right up my ally, and I love the monster designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom