• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I can't fuck with the OT's that are just massive adverts, also getting help from official reps from the publishers irks me. I prefer the lighthearted OT's.

CoolOff

Tons of cameos in that video. Is the rest of the album as good as this song?

I only saw Grimes, who else?

It's good pop, poppier overall than that track. Nothing I keep going back to a lot but they know what they're doing. Fizzles out a bit after the first half.

PlayDat

I only saw Grimes, who else?

It's good pop, poppier overall than that track. Nothing I keep going back to a lot but they know what they're doing. Fizzles out a bit after the first half.

I only noticed Big Sean, but judging by the youtube comments, there's also Ezra Koenig and Kesha.

HiResDes

monster.gif

http://m.soundcloud.com/metroboomin/future-monster-prod-by-metro-boomin-southside

I think this just went up.

OH YES

Esch

Banned
Hadn't heard it before. Terribly generic and seems annoying.

What really drives me nuts are some of the portions that seem like a deliberate swaggerjacks, like where she says " This is the part when I say I don't want ya " she delivers that line almost 100% the same way Rihanna would.

IrishNinja

lol. I know it's not meant to be serious, but I worry that this kind of response scares people off from this thread or similar online discussions.

Monster is definitely in the running for GOAT Nicki verses at the very least.

i like those threads, because you get a casual namedrop like it's empirical truth
makes me wanna pop in NFL GAF and be like WHY AINT NONE OF YA'LLS TEAMS HAD A BETTER QB THAN MARINO THO

Big Sean
Ke$ha (second guest)

speaking of ass it's weird neither of these names showed up there yet

Tokubetsu

New GAF-Hop Fact
If ever asked, and you don't mind admitting to having ever listened to him, the best Travis Scott song is "Drugs You Should Try It."

Nah I doubt they'll try stadiums yet. They know they're not Drake status

Dunno, with the way Punch and Top Dawg send subliminal at Drake I kinda feel like they could do it out of hubris. They'll get paid either way. Kendrick is definitely a big name but he's just not on Drake's level. I'm not sure anyone is right now outside of Eminem. Dude is throwing out random tracks online and they're charting like singles. Not even Jay can do that, although he obviously has had tracks that made noise (Dear Summer and the record about Cuba/Obama).

BTW yall think Kendrick hurt himself by staying quiet all year?

Will give the Travis Scott a listen.. I've just seen some tragic freestyles from him and I'm just not sure if he knows what he's doing.

BTW yall think Kendrick hurt himself by staying quiet all year?

I feel its not eem Kendrick's choice to stay quiet, but he's got that Dr. Dre Beats™ Marketing scheme.. Kendrick already set up for success.

Now Jay Rock? lel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom