• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
WTT; Jay and Ye don't have that much charisma together IMO, if we're gonna be honest. The best Jay-Z collaborative projects that could have been that never were (that don't include dead people) were EP's with

1)Beans and Scarface circa 2000-2002
2)Sauce Money circa 1994-1997

Cudder

hey hey y'all

its the count b y'all say hi y'all

sup breh, your meal is ready.

daily_morning_awesomeness_45_photos16_1405946804.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
for real, my dream project is a schoolboy q x a$ap rocky x ab-soul record that is produced by the dude who produces for yung lean

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I want Antwon to hook up with Kool AD and Toro y Moi. They could do something interesting there.

IrishNinja

My dream project is a kid cudi album that's actually half as good as some of y'all rate MOTM

..wait no now I want cheddarz' mess to happen

for real, my dream project is a schoolboy q x a$ap rocky x ab-soul record that is produced by the dude who produces for yung lean

this would have sounded amazing like 1 or 2 years ago. now the only name in that list that can muster some excitement from me is yung lean lmao.

the best dream project is the one you didn't even know you needed but is so good

Eh, I disagree. To me, the best dream projects are organically born, regardless of who is working together or when I find out about it. When "super groups/projects" are introduced it's hard not to assume the worst because you wonder whether it's some gimmick or forced thing. However when a band or group of artists works together on a song or two, and the chemistry turns into a full project...then you have something special. Spitta and Alchemist were working on a song that turned into a full, classic album - Covert Coup. Same with Madvillainy.

This is also why sequels to great dream projects rarely measure up to the original.

In terms of recent stuff...I'd love a Danny Brown+El-P or Xquire+El-P album. Roc Marciano+Alchemist. In terms of all time, Nas+Premo in their primes? Gangstarr is great but I definitely think a Nas Premo album would be far better. Or a funky ass Pete Rock album with G Rap in 1996.

studyguy

Sorta bummed, Mad Decent Block Party LA originally had Chance the Rapper attending, but looks like he's since dropped. Oh well.

RP912

Banned
My dream project is the original kanye/premo album that was suppose to come out a while back called "Good Ass Job".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rhymefest talks DONDA House efforts in Chicago. Cliffs:

- DONDA didn't get featured on the CNN Chiraq documentary because they wanted drama
- Rhymefest does everything pro-bono, he lives off of royalties, doesn't want to release his album anymore because he loves DONDA House more
- Teach kids studio etiquette, put them in studios for free
- Bring in Def Jam president, GLC, Killer Mike and No I.D. to talk to the kids
- Def Jam agreed to distribute their non-profit record label, Us Entertainment
- Kids who excel in classes got backstage tickets to see Kanye & Kendrick, working on Jay & Bey
- Donda's House, Lupe Fiasco Foundation and Common Ground Foundation all work together
- AAHH! Fest is a 2-day festival Common is setting up for the fall, and will be creating jobs for some of the disenfranchised youth in Chicago

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I was invited by some friends who live out in SD, but I mean I'm right here in LA so I'd rather hit this one up and crash at home. One of my friends is doing both, but fuck that I don't think I could hang like that anymore.

getting old son. soon your kids are gonna have kids.

jonwayne is another dude that has loads and loads of unreleased work that he plays every once in a while and never drops it for release. Just put that shit on SoundCloud or something man.

PlayDat

Might cop this:

Also he just let go of this: https://soundcloud.com/jonwayne/on

It's very annoying as a new fan that they haven't released parts 1 and 2 as mp3s. It's one thing to do something cool for your fans but it sucks when this is the only way you can hear them. I know I could probably just do a google search for both tapes but my music collection is nearly 100% legal at the moment. I'd like to keep it that way.

This latest track is too real. On twitter he says he'll be putting out a new song every Monday for "as long as [he] feels like."

Rhymefest talks DONDA House efforts in Chicago. Cliffs:

- DONDA didn't get featured on the CNN Chiraq documentary because they wanted drama
- Rhymefest does everything pro-bono, he lives off of royalties, doesn't want to release his album anymore because he loves DONDA House more
- Teach kids studio etiquette, put them in studios for free
- Bring in Def Jam president, GLC, Killer Mike and No I.D. to talk to the kids
- Def Jam agreed to distribute their non-profit record label, Us Entertainment
- Kids who excel in classes got backstage tickets to see Kanye & Kendrick, working on Jay & Bey
- Donda's House, Lupe Fiasco Foundation and Common Ground Foundation all work together
- AAHH! Fest is a 2-day festival Common is setting up for the fall, and will be creating jobs for some of the disenfranchised youth in Chicago

Great work their doing here this needs more exposure than it's been getting in the media.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
in that broke phy broke guild atm. but shovel knight doesn't look that appealing ether way. I am getting really tired of retro style games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom