• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Dom

Finally checked out Neon Icon. Versace Python and Tip Toe Wing in My Jawwwdinz are hot.

Its an above average album, a 6 or 7 out of 10 from me. Some hot tracks.

For me though, this mixtape of his is 10/10. Incredible!! 2012 release.

jody-highroller-dame-grease-hologram-panda-L-JATu9A.jpeg

What happened? I'm at work so I can't watch this until later.

Fredro checked Charlamagne for bringing up a clip of him talking about Brandy relations. He got real serious real fast and started bringing up Charlamagne running from that ambush a while back. Then they brought up that old 50 Cent fight, and it kinda sent him off again.

I mean, they don't build em like Onyx anymore I guess.

J10

Banned
#rappersholdingchildren this shit got me weak

10436042_10152525785483956_2925660144475828559_n.jpg

Why is the internet so mean?

Why do people never put their signatures on these things? If I came up with something that hilarious I'd want people to know I wrote it.

overcast

So am I crazy or does it seem like most people into hip-hop prefer SEGA over Nintendo, at least when it comes to Genesis vs SNES?
I'm a way bigger SNES fan. I do love my Dreamcast though.

Did you guys see/post how Danny Brown is going be on the Wetter than Tsunami remix? On my phone, but supposedly it's going to have a video and everything.

Max

I am not Max
new Suicideyear release leaked, i'm holding off tho since i bought the vinyl or whatever and would rather hear it once it arrives

he also released something with Rome Fortune, which was ok, but dude is doing good for himself

HiResDes

It's impossible for me to quell my expectations that are instantly formed when I see The Doppelgangaz name attached to a project. I definitely had to listen to Peace Kehd several times before I could even begin to critique the album without feeling as though my presumptions about what a Doppelgangaz should sound like were clouding my judgement.

The production on Peace Kehd touches on fairly familiar ground. Its somewhat slow and methodical, as its always been, but it's not quite as sparse or as sample heavy. It's also definitely more uplifting in tone. Whereas the Doppelgangaz of old sounded as if they were rapping over production made when storm clouds were forming or had been set, the sounds on Peace Keh'd sound like the kind beats one would come up right as the sun had began to shine through.

The subject matter seems more playful on Peace Kehd and less bleak and plodding. It sounds like they're toying with a more mainstream, pop influenced sound. Peace Kehd sounds like current college radio ran through a Doppegangaz filter. And while they're mostly successful in replicating the vapid nature of modern rap, it's a bit disappointing hearing the duo discuss such repetitious themes as the different ways they fuck chicks or acquire drugs.

However, their nonchalant delivery and their ability to navigate from boasts to reflection makes Peace Kehd very listenable. Tracks like What's Your 20, Fall Thru and Sh*t Rock possess light narratives featuring references and insights that are particularly unique to the group's core. And in the end, that's what really saves and drives the album.

The chemistry between the duo is undeniable and is rarely seen in other modern rap groups. Moreover, the final realization I had about this album is that it might be more of an ode to the non-dusty sounding self-indulgent 90s albums that existed before buzzwords like swag and posh came in to prominence.

Light 8

Cudder

Kind of embarrassing to catch feelings from Charlamagne. Even Kanye and some divas don't catch feelings. But allot of people don't know who they are so this would probably be good promotion.
Kanye definitely caught feelings from his Charlemagne interview, what are you on about?

Esch

Banned
Kind of embarrassing to catch feelings from Charlamagne. Even Kanye and some divas don't catch feelings. But allot of people don't know who they are so this would probably be good promotion.

a LOT of people catch feelings from Charlemagne, they just hide it better, with a hand or sunglasses or a laugh. The only guys i've seen him not fuck around with are Gucci Mane and Jay-Z.

Fredro checked Charlamagne for bringing up a clip of him talking about Brandy relations. He got real serious real fast and started bringing up Charlamagne running from that ambush a while back. Then they brought up that old 50 Cent fight, and it kinda sent him off again.

I mean, they don't build em like Onyx anymore I guess.

Hahaha oh damn.

And yeah, a lot of dudes caught feelings from Charlamagne.

Dude eviscerated MGK tho

Esch

Banned
Drake won't even go on the show, he's to shook lol.

Naw, Charlemagne stays shitting on Drake on social media and on his show. I wouldn't address that either or give him the ratings from an interview. Not enough time in a good life to deal with attention seeking behavior like that.

big ander

Head's up LA people. A friend of mine that works at noisey said the special guest will be
yg
and maybe
schoolboy

Free liquor is enough for me to go.

hmmm same night as Diarrhea Planet at the echo tho...
Free liquor, Diarrhea planet. Free liquor, diarrhea planet

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Kreed

Not to mention his rant about him on stage.

Don't forget that one of the reasons Kanye snapped on Sway's radio show was because he did the interview right after the Breakfast club interview and was still heated (and proceeded to blame Charlamagne on Sway's show after he calmed down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom