• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Serious question here and I won't be offended at all by either response, since I've really been quite busy writing screenplays as my main side hobby... But it's about time for a a Q3 rapup and I was going to finish this year and then retire the series. Should I even bother or is it more useful to contribute more fleshed out impressions here and there? Again not a big deal if neither are actually very useful or appealing.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Serious question here and I won't be offended at all by either response, since I've really been quite busy writing screenplays as my main side hobby... But it's about time for a a Q3 rapup and I was going to finish this year and then retire the series. Should I even bother or is it more usual to contribute more fleshed out impressions here and there? Again not a big deal if neither are actually very useful or appealing.

the problem is even though people visit the wrap up threads they don't bump it. i personally love the threads, but i would understand if you wanted to stop, or just put Q# wrap ups in the OP and just make year end thread after that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
the problem is even though people visit the wrap up threads they don't bump it. i personally love the threads, but i would understand if you wanted to stop, or just put Q# wrap ups in the OP and just make year end thread after that.

Yeah I reference that shit pretty often. It's just that all the discussion goes on here so the threads don't get a lot of love in the form of responses. I'd like to see those threads continue since it's nice to bookmark something like that, individual posts here tend to get lost in the ether.

HiiiLife

Yup. I was just barely browsing through his wrap ups last night and got the Pharoahe Monch and Ratking jernts. I appreciate his impressions but I don't blame him.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
jey elec stays that dime you thought you'd bag & try to forget about until she texts that she might be in town next month and then never shows so you angrily beat off & say fuck that broad until she does it again six months later
This quote should just be the only thing in his Wiki. It sums him up as an artist perfectly.

wenis

Serious question here and I won't be offended at all by either response, since I've really been quite busy writing screenplays as my main side hobby... But it's about time for a a Q3 rapup and I was going to finish this year and then retire the series. Should I even bother or is it more useful to contribute more fleshed out impressions here and there? Again not a big deal if neither are actually very useful or appealing.

Why not just post wrap ups in here and have the OP of the OT at the time keep the First Post updated with the link to the Wrap up post?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

The wrap ups are dope to me. Like others have said it doesn't get a lot of responses but as a reference it's top notch especially for catching up.

Also I just listened to that mick jenkins mixtape....wow. Its a Top 10 of the year.

Best songs per Nas album

Illmatic - One Love
It Was Written - Take It In Blood
I Am... - NY State of Mind II
Nastradamus - Come Get Me (Project Window OG version would be #1 if it was on here)
Stillmatic - One Mic
The Lost Tapes - Fetus
God's Son - Get Down
Streets Disciple - Ahem
Hip Hop Is Dead - Still Dreaming
Untitled - Fried Chicken
Life Is Good - Bye Baby

c'mon Count, how the fuck can you think Blunt Ashes is better than anything on HHID lol. That song is trash, fuck Chris Webber.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why not just post wrap ups in here and have the OP of the OT at the time keep the First Post updated with the link to the Wrap up post?

This is a practical idea but I feel like all that effort deserves a new thread, and there's also usually a few randoms that don't frequent this thread that might catch on to it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
This is a practical idea but I feel like all that effort deserves a new thread, and there's also usually a few randoms that don't frequent this thread that might catch on to it.
eh. if they wanted the thread to stay they should've posted more reply's (or even 1 reply per thread). I am all for lurking, but if you like something/ or want something to get more attention, then do something... anything.

wenis

At the end of the day though if the OT was widely interested in expanding their musical lexicon those threads would be getting bumped quite a bit. You can't feed someone who doesn't want to eat. Probably doing a half year wrap up would be a lot less work on Des's end (or if someone wanted to do it for him, not accumulating everything on their own, but taking his posts, giving him credit and posting in the OT for him) with a year end catch all in January.

I definitely don't want to see the quarter posts gone, but I think presentation and when it gets posted in the OT needs to be thought about. Unless you're gunna post some Grimes or Bey shit in there as well it's already been shown no one is gunna care too much, but at least give the few that would take notice those half year and end of year catch alls.

Esch

Banned
For the next OT we could have a post just for wrap ups.

also i am down to make the next OT if no one else is going to.

by all means, as long as you can get it done on time unlike cheddahz or get it done before you get banned unlike me

jb0GboVoti2brW.png

Detox

I agree with the majority of other posters that while I use the wrap ups extensively I don't actually post in the thread. I know how this makes you feel, my seen it all thread is dead (though hopefully that picks up when the album drops and we can hear the songs in all their glory). Keep doing them Des they are very useful. I don't know if you're still planning a site but it would be a good place to collate your thoughts on music as you listen to a lot of stuff and articulate your feelings well.

If it's too much of a hassle then obviously stop, but otherwise keep going man they're awesome. I look forward to them.

Also that Don't Shoot song is pretty good

I love your roundups does, bit if you feel like they aren't worth doing then let it go. I of course don't want you to, but I understand.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i am so sick of hearing that "all about that bass" song. it just pisses me off so much. i ve heard so many times now ive fucking lost count. i feel like slapping who ever made song across the face and yelling "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOUR MOM TOLD YOU, SHE WAS WRONG. SO FUCKING WRONG."

Trey

shout outs to beef patties in a coco bun

Shorty at the carribean place I go to after I get my haircut says coco buns are great. "Of course she'd say that - she works there," I thought, but hearing this out in the field is encouraging. I'll try it next time.

IrishNinja

llmatic - It ain't hard to tell
It Was Written - if i ruled the world I Gave You Power
I Am... - Nas Is Like
Nastradamus - New World...
Stillmatic - You're da man
The Lost Tapes - Purple (is Fetus a b-side or what)
God's Son - Get Down
Streets Disciple - Virgo (alternate with Suicide Bounce i guess)
Hip Hop Is Dead - Still Dreaming
Untitled - Queens Get The Money
Distant Relatives - As we enter
Life Is Good - Stay

...well, that could've been worse

how can anyone hate on that track? classic shit

LIKE A ANGRY CRIPPLE MAN, DON'T PUSH ME
DON'T BELIEVE THE KID, LISTEN TO MEEEE

PlayDat

I like both, but slightly prefer the rap ups. They're easier to use for reference since everything is in one place. If it's taking time from other more important things in your life, then yeah feel free to scrap the whole thing.

Stay is such a dope song but By Baby is one of my favorite "rap breakup" songs. Especially the last verse.

Both songs are great hard for me to pick between those two regarding my favorite song on that album. Stay is great at the end of the day when your trying to relax and reflect while Bye Baby has that windows down in the summer time feel but I can also feel the situation Nas was going through.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man just think about how much money Gucci lost by not being out and able to mooch off Lil Miss Thug, like TI is eating off Iggy.
Gucci is small business minded. He already tried his best, putting out 2-3 projects with Thug's material. Thug is seemingly cool with anyone making money off of him and half of these dudes are all of his bros.

Gucci is good making enough money to replace his grill and keep his weed stash stocked. Unlike all of his peers, hes comfortable in the lifestyle he lives in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom