• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
liking shit ironically is so dumb. you either like something or you dont , the reason doesnt matter

I never understood that term, and generally find people that enjoy things ironically to be really dull.

That being said, sometimes there are movies that are so bad they're good, but that's purely entertainment. But watching terrible movies just to laugh at them...once in a while but not on the regular. Shit gets annoying.

Courage

I never understood that term, and generally find people that enjoy things ironically to be really dull.

That being said, sometimes there are movies that are so bad they're good, but that's purely entertainment. But watching terrible movies just to laugh at them...once in a while but not on the regular. Shit gets annoying.

Oh definitely, The Room is the godfather of that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've never heard of "liking something ironically" before, but it sounds like an excuse to me for liking a song from an artist you don't like or don't want to associate yourself or your beliefs/preferences with.

I've never heard of "liking something ironically" before, but it sounds like an excuse to me for liking a song from an artist you don't like or don't want to associate yourself or your beliefs/preferences with.

That is pretty much exactly what it is. Little bit more along the lines of 'this is typically beneath me and the people I associate with and I don't want others getting the wrong idea'. So they neuter their own enjoyment of something just to save face...not that anyone would care, anyway.

Esch

Banned
Say what you will about Rick Ross but that's two slayings of young black men he's commented on on wax. More than you can say for most rappers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought the verses on that song were pretty good all around too, except maybe Swizz, but it was more like a bridge. Not really corny, and mostly intelligible without pushing some sort of other agenda/ignance.

In general I'm very impressed with how the hip-hop community has handled Ferguson. G-Unit, Killer Mike, J. Cole, everyone on Don't Shoot, etc.

Say what you will about Rick Ross but that's two slayings of young black men he's commented on on wax. More than you can say for most rappers.

I really do think I'm starting to like Ross more as a person than his raps. Dude really is a good guy IMO.

Same with Lebron, he's a total fuckninja (at least used to be) on the court, but off the court he's a great guy.

Do Young Thug's Melodies Sound Like Alley Cats Fighting? (WSHH Link)

lmao, hot 97 clownin

cacophony

ixxbYQRgy1zWg.jpg

Esch

Banned
I thought the verses on that song were pretty good all around too, except maybe Swizz, but it was more like a bridge. Not really corny, and mostly intelligible without pushing some sort of other agenda/ignance.

In general I'm very impressed with how the hip-hop community has handled Ferguson. G-Unit, Killer Mike, J. Cole, everyone on Don't Shoot, etc.

I am, and I'm not. I'm happy people are saying things. I'm happy songs are being recorded, and Op-ED's are being written. Killer Mike in particular; above and beyond the call of duty. But the bigger guys have failed Ferguson completely.

Ice Cube: This guy was the head honcho of political hip hop, all we get is a tweet and instagram post.

Nelly: A fuccin hero in Saint Louis, yet what we get is the same as the above. Do better.

Nasir Jones: This guy is the biggest fucking fraud in hip hop history. He made a career off being the voice of the streets and the underground, the only rapper with 'something to say' yet this guy aint said or rapped shit? Where are the boots on the ground? Hip hop's #1 master poet, not a peep out of his face. This guy has sold millions of albums as a supposed voice for justice and the people. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jay-Z: Never the biggest voice for politics in hip hop. It's simply not his forte as a person or on record. But he went out with Beyonce for Trayvon. He had an opportunity on the VMA stage like common to speak on some things. Wasted. With his position, he can say so much more. In interviews, he's gotten better. Before Magna Carta dropped, he said something about the middle class becoming extinct on Letterman; first time I've ever heard a rapper comment on that. But he needs to do better, and be more assertive when he speaks up.

Kanye West: Another supposed hero of the people, another fraud. He's got time to spend ranting on the radio about how white people won't let him sell mass produced fashion products only rich kids can and will wear, no time for Mike Brown? This guy is another one thats made his dime off the back of being a 'conscious' rapper, yet not a peep.

DominoKid

^ yeah i'm really not trying to hear what any of those cats have to say on this aside from Nelly because that's his area. folk don't have to get on record every time some shit goes down.

wow this is actually good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye RT'd Russell Simmons, but yeah, I agree with you.

I'm pretty sure Cube, Jay and Kanye all have something to say, they just want to articulate it correctly and present it effectively. Their voices would have been much more effective sooner rather than later though, no doubt.

EDIT: And I don't believe that inaction now necessarily means they aren't planning a program or campaign of their own or with partners to be revealed soon (mostly talking about Jay here).

Esch

Banned

I'm pretty sure Cube, Jay and Kanye all have something to say, they just want to articulate it correctly and present it effectively. Their voices would have been much more effective sooner rather than later though, no doubt.

EDIT: And I don't believe that inaction now necessarily means they aren't planning a program or campaign of their own or with partners to be revealed soon (mostly talking about Jay here)

And thats fair, but all these cats looking super wishy washy or real quiet right now. If dudes like half the guys on that track are speaking up but the supposed kings of this shit are church mouses, that shit aint right.

DominoKid

EDIT: And I don't believe that inaction now necessarily means they aren't planning a program or campaign of their own or with partners to be revealed soon (mostly talking about Jay here).

jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

i'll believe it when i see it.

T Dollarz

Alright so my power jack in my laptop was loose, the chord had to be held in with a rubberband to charge it. Everything else was FINE. I ordered a new jack on eBay for $5 and an old friend of mine said he would install it. I dropped it off. Now today I ask him what's up with it. He messages me back "Yeah, everything went fine, put it back together but now it won't turn on and I don't know why. I'm looking into it but your best bet is to buy a new motherboard or a cheap new laptop." Like, wtf? He said he could install it in 20 minutes, was gonna charge me $20... 3 weeks ago the thing worked fine, then I leave it with him and suddenly it's completely dead? Fuck this man I'm so pissed. He said he was taking it to geek squad to isolate the problem tonight, and he just said sorry and that soldering is always potential danger. Idk man I feel like this dude needs to compensate me somehow. I just can't believe this is happening, on the heels of my court date and about to que up big money for lawyer representation, now suddenly I'm out of my computer... I've been without it 3 weeks now and feels like I'm going through withdrawal. I want to kill this motherfucker...

HiResDes

Alright so my power jack in my laptop was loose, the chord had to be held in with a rubberband to charge it. Everything else was FINE. I ordered a new jack on eBay for $5 and an old friend of mine said he would install it. I dropped it off. Now today I ask him what's up with it. He messages me back "Yeah, everything went fine, put it back together but now it won't turn on and I don't know why. I'm looking into it but your best bet is to buy a new motherboard or a cheap new laptop." Like, wtf? He said he could install it in 20 minutes, was gonna charge me $20... 3 weeks ago the thing worked fine, then I leave it with him and suddenly it's completely dead? Fuck this man I'm so pissed. He said he was taking it to geek squad to isolate the problem tonight, and he just said sorry and that soldering is always potential danger. Idk man I feel like this dude needs to compensate me somehow. I just can't believe this is happening, on the heels of my court date and about to que up big money for lawyer representation, now suddenly I'm out of my computer... I've been without it 3 weeks now and feels like I'm going through withdrawal. I want to kill this motherfucker...
He didn't wear an anti static bracelet or ground himself it sounds like which could potentially screw the motherboard. I wouldn't pay him, but I'm not sure you can really charge him for anything, especially from a legal standpoint.

Some stranger who mistook me for Italian invited me to an electronica show at a bar known for smuts. To go or not to go?

Also got hit on by a girl with braces in line cause she recognized me from being her neighbor, and bringing her dog back when he ran up to me to play one time. My brother made me realize she's also a waitress at a pub I go to for soccer games, where i never really interacted with her. Should I hit her up?

Interesting Safeway visit. Also, that new Shabazz Palaces is pretty cool #KeepItHipHop

Cheddahz

Banned
Some stranger who mistook me for Italian invited me to an electronica show at a bar known for smuts. To go or not to go?

Also got hit on by a girl with braces in line cause she recognized me for being her neighbor, and bringing her dog back when he ran up to me to play one time. My brother made me realize she's also a waitress at a pub I go to for soccer games, where i never really interacted with her. Should I hit her up?

Interesting Safeway visit. Also, that new Shabazz Palaces is pretty cool #KeepItHipHop

Yeah, hit her up!

A little too blonde for my tastes, but she's cute. I think she might have a boyfriend cause the one time I brought her dog back she was hanging out with a dude and it was pretty late(3-4 am). But that was the start of this year. So maybe I should.

Also got hit on by a girl with braces in line cause she recognized me for being her neighbor, and bringing her dog back when he ran up to me to play one time. My brother made me realize she's also a waitress at a pub I go to for soccer games, where i never really interacted with her. Should I hit her up?

GET IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom