• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Covert Coup is good.

Stay far away from Rare Chandeliers.

all of them

7FlMa8w.gif

injurai

Banned
from that best produce of all time thread

I learned about Premier. Sort of embarrassed I didn't know of him. But I'm glad I'm still finding new classic material. Of course I'm familiar with a lot of his work, but it's nice to recognize the talent behind it all.

overcast

what Alchemist projects are worth listening to? looks like dude has a billion collab albums.
Covert Coup is just completely fantastic.
Step Brothers from this year is another very good collab.
Russian Roulette is his best solo project and is a a unique (and brilliant) concept album.

cb1115

Covert Coup is just completely fantastic.
Step Brothers from this year is another very good collab.
Russian Roulette is his best solo project and is a a unique (and brilliant) concept album.

just checked my hard drive and it seems I already have Step Brothers lmao. about to check out Covert Coup now.

I've listened to Rare Chandeliers before and agree with enzo. that shit was super forgettable.

Tokubetsu

I love ALC but Imma side with Enzo here. I only really go back to Rare Chandeliers for "Sylvester Lundgren" and "Bitch I Deserve You." The latter is so fire, it's a shame it had to die on a free mixtape with no video:
http://youtu.be/F1FMPPd2JSk

God damn crime.

DominoKid

Rare Chandeliers is alight, SAAAB stories clearly the worst action project. Alligator only good song on there, Strictly's dece too

i was gonna say Heel Toe the best track on there but then I realized it's not even on the EP.

yeah Fraud didn't bring it on that tape. Alligator, 72 Virgins and The Rockers the only beats up to his standard.

Heel Toe the best Bronson/Fraud track.

cb1115

PRhyme has grown on me quite a bit the last few days. might be in my top 10 now.

still think U Looz should've been longer tho.

Esch

Banned
ibeZd5ztykiSGz.gif

If you can't vibe with at least 6/7 of:

The Symbol
Sylvester Lundgren
Randy the Musical
Eggs on the Third Floor
Bitch I Deserve You
Gateway to Wizardry
Blood of the Goat

you suck.

iJZErHpqVgBPv.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ehhh i only followed the 5 which apparently had poor build quality & at least early on might even delete saves too, didn't inspire much confidence
is it on the cheap? does the person you wanna buy it for have a lotta carts & doesn't mind basically emulating them? it's a weird device to me; purists like my ass want OG hardware and most everyone else is fine just getting a USB dongle for their controller of choice & emulating on PC, is the thing
It's $54 shipped. It's for my brother who is just starting a collection of SNES carts. I was trying to get him an old SNES system but finding one right now at a reasonable price in good condition is tough and I figured this would last him long enough to find one on his own.

big ander

eggs on the third floor is a favorite. like a stupid fun mini B-Boy Bouillabaisse edit: or am I thinking of Randy the Musical? been a minute.

Overall Chandeliers is good but I remember thinking bronson wasn't quite as vivid as he usually is. great running tape though.
i was gonna say Heel Toe the best track on there but then I realized it's not even on the EP.

yeah Fraud didn't bring it on that tape. Alligator, 72 Virgins and The Rockers the only beats up to his standard.

Heel Toe the best Bronson/Fraud track.
been forever since I heard Heel Toe, exactly cause it's not actually on the tape. Yeah it's fire, probably still like Alligator more.

overcast

Will set up the AOTY thread today or tomorrow. Nothing special, no fancy graphics, just #FACTS.
Sounds good to me man. Thanks for the effort.

Which Bronson project is your guys favorite? Pretty close between Blue Chips 2 and Chandeliers for me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sounds good to me man. Thanks for the effort.

Which Bronson project is your guys favorite? Pretty close between Blue Chips 2 and Chandeliers for me.

Blue Chips 2, all the way, but im biased because I saw that album played live and it was the shit.

big ander

blue chips 1> Blue chips 2 > lecter > chandeliers > well-done > saaab

BC2 songs live were dope but I still think the first edges it out. There's little in the man's discog that compares to hearing 9-24-11 for the first time

I love ALC but Imma side with Enzo here. I only really go back to Rare Chandeliers for "Sylvester Lundgren" and "Bitch I Deserve You." The latter is so fire, it's a shame it had to die on a free mixtape with no video:
http://youtu.be/F1FMPPd2JSk

God damn crime.

This is my thougts exactly. Love those 2 songs

"Tyson uppercuts, Bruce Lee front kicks"

And Evidence cooking food
"Wait until the time is up, iron and the niacin"

Good post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom