• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

weird how bronson never gets named along with white MC's

also bumping Harlem World this week

buncha soulja girls hating on golden age hip hop, what's new?

iv9KUqvs6WR9Y.gif

seriously, some embarassing shit here again
sleep on gang starr, KRS, half of pac's discog, EPMD, Kane, Scarface, early UGK and tons of legit classics brehs

The cool thing about Nujabes is when you go back to one of his records, you don't want to stop listening to it. I'll miss out on new shit just to play the hell out them.

amen

Cheddahz

Banned
Yup. That shit legit pissed me off when I first saw it.

And you know he wouldn't had been saying that shit a year or two ago as well either. The dude is basically saying "Oh hey, if you somehow make it out of projects like I did, then you can do whatever the fuck you want". He's also basically just down talking black people when he says "We just iced out", like why would you stereotype your own people?

I don't know, I could say a lot more about what he said, but I really hope kids don't start looking up to him or whatever

Mau ®

I thought Ariana won this year.

Then charli dropped.

THESE JAMS BREHS. THESE JAMS.

Taylor Swift won if we're talking pop. 1989 is everything and more.

Is it actually good? Only song I was liking from the singles is "Boom Clap"

Yes, it's very good although "Boom Clap" is not a good representation of the album. The album is more 80's cheesy "punk" pop, while Boom Clap is straight up pop.

PBY

Banned
Mau ®;143126428 said:

Yes, it's very good although "Boom Clap" is not a good representation of the album. The album is more 80's cheesy "punk" pop, while Boom Clap is straight up pop.

My girl t swift delivered. Just not as danceable as the other 2, although you're right, its great.

HiResDes

I don't think I've ever shuddered more from a single line than seeing "my girl T. Swift"

What a culture vulture and fraudulent singer songwriter, even Milli Vanilli were more genuine.

overcast

I don't think I've ever shuddered more from a single line than seeing "my girl T. Swift"

What a culture vulture and fraudulent singer songwriter, even Milli Vanilli were more genuine.
Country culture or New York culture?

Mums in the Garage has one of the most neck breakingly head nodding beats of the year.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Where's Irish at, I want to know more about the Retron 2 and if its a good buy for a christmas gift.

I just came back from walking to the doughnut shop and my god there was this cute looking Asian mamasita working the front today. She had mad DSL's. I think she might have a little bit of black in her. I wasn't going to buy anything at first, but damn!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
One of those tapes Des linked the other day reminded me of Ugly Heroes so I've been listening to them more or less since then in a loop. Weird how certain records will do that. I need some more shit like that.

IrishNinja

Mau ®;143123884 said:
The J.Cole hype is reaching PopGaf.

Be proud, bros.

sorry to hear that, but some of ya'll stan rih & lesser artists anyway i guess
related: listening to wet dreamz now, are ya'll serious

Mau ®;143126428 said:

case in point - jessie & ariana both dropped albums that didn't feature peter's girl on them

Yup. That shit legit pissed me off when I first saw it.

Well, what did you guys expect from fucking Young Thug?

yeah, pretty much this

Where's Irish at, I want to know more about the Retron 2 and if its a good buy for a christmas gift.

ehhh i only followed the 5 which apparently had poor build quality & at least early on might even delete saves too, didn't inspire much confidence
is it on the cheap? does the person you wanna buy it for have a lotta carts & doesn't mind basically emulating them? it's a weird device to me; purists like my ass want OG hardware and most everyone else is fine just getting a USB dongle for their controller of choice & emulating on PC, is the thing

Cheddahz

Banned
Just listened to 2014 Forest Hills Drive for the second time and I've come to the fact that I don't think it's a bad album by any means, but it's just not for me (though A Tale of Two Citiez is good driving music)

It's one of those albums that if I got into someone's car and they played it, I wouldn't mind, but if I had the choice to listen to it, I'll pass

Nibel

It's the kind of album I would put on my iTunes and delete it probably 2 weeks later

Still, this is a good direction for Cole

IrishNinja

cheddahz kinda nailed it - i don't think this is bad, just...some of ya'll were saying this was a bad year for hip hop but even only listening to the most talked about shit here/a fraction of des' daily playlist, i can still easily fill a top 10 and not even think of this effort, is the thing.

there's a track or two that i'd keep but overall yeah, it's a solid effort but not for me

overcast

This was a great year for rap imo. I don't know what you guys expected. A LOT of big retail releases in 2015 though. Kendrick, Kanye, Drake, Danny Brown, Action, Jay Rock, probably another RTJ. I'm sure I'm missing something. Gonna be crazy in here.

Blasian was straight prophetic. This chick at this coffee place with perfect eyebrows, half white/hispanic tone, and a thick booty (fills in the jeans man). Although, I was buying coffee anyway.

Mau ®

This was a great year for rap imo. I don't know what you guys expected. A LOT of big retail releases in 2015 though. Kendrick, Kanye, Drake, Danny Brown, Action, Jay Rock, probably another RTJ. I'm sure I'm missing something. Gonna be crazy in here.

Blasian was straight prophetic. This chick at this coffee place with perfect eyebrows, half white/hispanic tone, and a thick booty (fills in the jeans man). Although, I was buying coffee anyway.

Kanye and Drake in the same year (probably same Q too)

Life is wonderful.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
what Alchemist projects are worth listening to? looks like dude has a billion collab albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom