• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

If you're ever felt like a damn indie rock hipster douchebag stan then it's definitely a movie you'll enjoy. Anyone that's above that jaunt is just gonna be underwhelmed by it.

If you're ever felt like a damn indie rock hipster douchebag stan then it's definitely a movie you'll enjoy. Anyone that's above that jaunt is just gonna be underwhelmed by it.

fassbender was great, and i loved scoot mcnairy (that dude is popping up in all these movies) and the rest of them.

but the lead character was such an annoying shit lol. it was interesting though, fun to watch this band of weird people for a couple hours.

Cheddahz

Banned
probably
doesnt make it right though

Yeah, agree with you on the fact that's it not right

I decided to google my brother's name (just to see if he's posted anything else dumb) and it turns out he has a Twitter (he hasn't used it since June though, but he has his full name on there and a picture of himself)

Honestly, I feel like I should tell my dad about it, but I don't wanna be a snitch either

Shit I forgot Grand Budapest came out this year. But most of your movie choices align with mine, My choices would be, no order:

Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
Grand Budapest Hotel
Guardians of the Galaxy
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Snowpiercer
Edge of Tomorrow
Birdman
John Wick
XMEN: DoFP

HM: Captain Murca, Dear White People, 22 Jump Street, Chef, Interstellar, the Wind Rises

injurai

Banned
oh shit, forgot The Wind Rises came out this year. I think that's my favorite Miyazaki. It was like a culmination of all of his talent broken through a flood gate.

edit: I also need to see Rosewater. That movie was really interesting me a month back, especially after hearing the NPR piece with Stewart.

Cheddahz

Banned
I think the only movies I saw this year (that came out this year) were Captain America 2, Days of Future's Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy

There were a lot more movies I wanted to go see, but none of them were playing near me whatsoever (for example; Birdman and Boyhood)
i heard that chris rock movie is pretty great. looking forward to watching it soon.

Oh yeah, I actually want to go see that

injurai

Banned
I haven't seen that, but I'm pretty sure that was late 2013.

Right you are, certainly find time to watch it. I always have a hard time ranking Miyazaki films. They are all so great in their own regard. This one however accomplished something truly unique.

IrishNinja

Guys, the new D'Angelo album is dropping on iTunes today AT MIDNIGHT.

YASSS

impressions pls

It begins.

here for this
just need to hear a few more LPs to vote

Nightcrawler
Birdman
Gone Girl.

damn, need to see all of these - interstellar too
apes was fantastic, again

After thinking about it more, I like Cap2 more than GotG. But they are really close to both being my favorite movies of MCU. Avengers not far behind.

+1, especially as a cap fan

2. Grand Budapest Hotel

oh yeah this is top 10 for me for sure too

JohnDoe

Banned
IrishNinja, this shit is straight fire. Not one skippable track on here. My definitive AOTY; just keeps getting better with every listen. You can tell Prince and Funkadelic had a huge influence on this.
Back To The Future tho... shiiiieettt

injurai

Banned
yeah until this resurgance bottoms out sooner than you think and the companies that decided to expand get fucked.

Just in the past year a number of uk distributors went under, the surge more than anything is happening as a result of consolidation. If they do find themselves downsizing again hopefully they can reap the benefits of their temporary success.

I know many distributors that did it to do it, and their legacy is beloved and well recognized. If they were in for the business then fuck them.

Tokubetsu

Just in the past year a number of uk distributors went under, the surge more than anything is happening as a result of consolidation. If they do find themselves downsizing again hopefully they can reap the benefits of their temporary success.

I know many distributors that did it to do it, and their legacy is beloved and well recognized. If they were in for the business then fuck them.

a friend of mine runs one of those uk startup electronic labels and he's expressed on multiple occasions what a pain in the ass it is to find a reliable presser that also does quality work. Even for the relatively small orders he'd do/does.

Tokubetsu

It doesn't really matter. In the globalized slave run society our children's children will live in all this shit will just be garbage they laugh at and throw away so they can make room for their feeding machinery.

Can you believe people listened to anything but tribal drum patterns in 2014? simpletons.

injurai

Banned
a friend of mine runs one of those uk startup electronic labels and he's expressed on multiple occasions what a pain in the ass it is to find a reliable presser that also does quality work. Even for the relatively small orders he'd do/does.

All the good ones were small and dedicated. They did it to do it. They wanted to truly be an integral and priceless component of a community and industry that they loved and believed in. As a result they bore the burdens of the market to deliver the product to those that supported it all. Then they suffered the tides of the market and were no more. I do know there are some good ones left, but they are stretched thin now as a result of consolidation. They really should try to resist ballooning too much, otherwise the consolidation will forever begin moving upward. Slowly homogenizing interest and competition and forcing niches of music out.

RIP S.T. Holdings.

MoodyFog

"Don't Do It" ft Kevin Gates on Starlito's tape
8hc9x.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom