• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

bunch of new jacks that assume the streetwear game was always about profiteering and purposeful supply restriction LOL

that shit came later with the advent of internet. brands valued in uniqueness and obscurity would be hurt by making their shit more available. it became more expensive because of the demand associated and resellers making huge profits, so at that point, why not? now streetwear becomes luxury.

you can still get plenty of dope streetwear for easily and cheap from "internet" brands with good (ie non-tumblr) roots like stray rats, dertbag, dpi or brands that never really blew like fucking awesome and sdouble or japanese brands like nbhd and wtaps... all good streetwear

bunch of new jacks that assume the streetwear game was always about profiteering and purposeful supply restriction LOL

that shit came later with the advent of internet. brands valued in uniqueness and obscurity would be hurt by making their shit more available. it became more expensive because of the demand associated and resellers making huge profits, so at that point, why not? now streetwear becomes luxury.

you can still get plenty of dope streetwear for easily and cheap from "internet" brands with good (ie non-tumblr) roots like stray rats, dertbag, dpi or brands that never really blew like fucking awesome and sdouble or japanese brands like nbhd and wtaps... all good streetwear

nbhd and wtaps can be pretty pricey still

and stray-rats, dpi, and dertbag are very tumblr fueled....those are odd future co-signed brands

Cheddahz

Banned
Guys, I decided to google my brother's name again and I found his Youtube account and all of his favorite videos are Bad Meets Evil and everything after "The Eminem Show" Eminem songs

mjl.gif

PBY

Banned

But it all still looks kinda dumb

HiResDes

Black Messiah brehs. Oh my god. Gotta cop a vinyl. This shit special brehs. This is giving me the same gut feeling I had when I first heard GKMC and XXX.

mooooose

nbhd and wtaps can be pretty pricey still

and stray-rats, dpi, and dertbag are very tumblr fueled....those are odd future co-signed brands
dertbag yeah but stray rats and dpi nahhh dpi isnt even hype and stray rats is the realest out besides the fact that julian is a known ass kisser of whoever is hot and willing to talk to him

OF has their fingers in all of US streetwear so its unfair to say

stray rats is associated with tons of underground rappers

IrishNinja

i gotta post up the vinyls i got...more LPs this time, ton of singles though. if the latter counts i should be 100+, all pretty rough condition jackets but i love that my DJ buddy had the BPMs written on the labels, haha

idk moose that jacket is kind of ugly

Limited edition street wear is so goddamn dumb.

Come on guys. Come on.

You paid a stack for this?

For this?

my thoughts, these are them

Call it dumb but I flipped all my Pyrex shit for a good amount of money. Same thing with the Basquiat / Surpreme parka. Paid 250 and made 6 bills off it. Children with too much money make me laugh.

see this is can cosign; we bitch about limited editions but if you can flip em, that's always good. salty my roommate missed that 20th anniversary PS4, shit's already going for 2-3x as much i hear

Black Messiah brehs. Oh my god. Gotta cop a vinyl. This shit special brehs. This is giving me the same gut feeling I had when I first heard GKMC and XXX.

saving this for tonight, but this is some hype right here

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah I'm looking forward to giving Black Messiah a listen. It's one of those rare albums that I gotta sit down and give it my full attention for the first listen. There's been some good alt/fringe stuff like What Is This Heart but for the most part the R&B genre has been lacking a truly great album in 2014.

IrishNinja

36 seasons/comic waiting for me to go pick it up, newest for the collection

also damn might gotta cop that nicki calender for my man siddx's xmas gift

Cheddahz

Banned
I have 5 vinyl's total right now. One of which is Trap Lord (friend got it for me lol).

Yeah, I think I only have like twenty vinyls altogether or something. I know my mom got me some for Christmas and my signed Ryan Hemsworth one (or I hope it's signed, I ordered one of the first five hundered ones) is coming next month

dertbag yeah but stray rats and dpi nahhh dpi isnt even hype and stray rats is the realest out besides the fact that julian is a known ass kisser of whoever is hot and willing to talk to him

OF has their fingers in all of US streetwear so its unfair to say

stray rats is associated with tons of underground rappers

that is very true. you have good tastes though! visvim is dope too but that shit is overpriced

DominoKid

i wish there as some sort of wacky internet script to prevent comments about Black Messiah across the net for like 2 weeks minimum.

anyway Billboard Top 10 rap albums
http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/year-in-music-2014/6386055/the-10-best-rap-albums-of-2014

1. YG - My Krazy Life
2. RTJ - RTJ2
3. J Cole - Forest Hills Drive
4. Migos - No Label 2
5. Young Jeezy - Seen It All
6. Q - Oxymoron
7. Kevin Gates - By ANy Means
8. KRIT - Cadillacitica
9. Future - Honest
10. Freddie Gibbs - Pinata

HiResDes

i wish there as some sort of wacky internet script to prevent comments about Black Messiah across the net for like 2 weeks minimum.

anyway Billboard Top 10 rap albums
http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/year-in-music-2014/6386055/the-10-best-rap-albums-of-2014

1. YG - My Krazy Life
2. RTJ - RTJ2
3. J Cole - Forest Hills Drive
4. Migos - No Label 2
5. Young Jeezy - Seen It All
6. Q - Oxymoron
7. Kevin Gates - By ANy Means
8. KRIT - Cadillacitica
9. Future - Honest
10. Freddie Gibbs - Pinata
My fault, I'll wait like 3 years before I give my impressions on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom