• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake trying to take over J.Cole's throne by taking the time to visit the fans

B43N_qUIMAEJEWf.jpg
That's not the started from the bottom video?

DominoKid

thoughts on the mike will tape
- Someone 2 Love is good but it's a loooooooong 5 minutes that isn't really that interesting when 2 Chainz isn't on the mic
- the Rae Sremmurd dudes are better than I expected apart from each other. Swae Lee is better though. He could do some damage solo.
- i'd like to hear Young Dolph on this Game For A Lame beat.
- Drinks on Us, Stop Start, Swerve, Money Long are my standouts

MikeWill tape is incredible, it's just a collection of bangers, but almost every single track bangs...I think a few skits or interludes to tie everything together would actually make it even better.

Can't wait to check out mikewill is definitely one of my favorite producers out now.

Vorheez

So, I'm on my second round of this gates tape, loved it the first time around. John Gotti is one of my favorite tracks of the year to be honest, funny that it came so late.

Apparently he has tons of tapes as well, any other notable ones to check out? I'll prolly download it right away here. Gonna be a late night

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lupe has consistently dropped amazing one-offs in between albums. I still listen to his shit with Ross. He's got all the ability in the world, but the sense of a fucking turnip. I don't know how much of it is the label and how much of it is his own dumbassery, but if he was on a label that actually motivated him to make music, he'd have a nice discography by now.

Trey

Lupe has consistently dropped amazing one-offs in between albums. I still listen to his shit with Ross. He's got all the ability in the world, but the sense of a fucking turnip. I don't know how much of it is the label and how much of it is his own dumbassery, but if he was on a label that actually motivated him to make music, he'd have a nice discography by now.

where are you at to be posting during the EST night shift?

overcast

Saw Interstellar y'all will give full impressions when I get home, but loved 80 percent of it...
It's got some great stuff in it for sure. I appreciate the hell out of it, but it can't be a favorite of the year cause I have issues. Write impressions in the movies thread too tho.
those drums are like a mouse fart. really disappointing since i like keef's first album and big gucci sosa
Keef about to go back to slangin'

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - Mike WiLL Made It - Ransom

Flames, absolutely flames. Some of these melodies are so infectious, and right when you think it might slow down Juicy J comes in cooking. There are only a few songs I don't like: Screen Door, Swerve (sounds like a fucking Sesame Street song, FOH), and maybe Hasta Luego. I've kind of warmed up to Buy The World since it came out, but I still don't see what Mike WiLL sees in that song. Standouts are probably Drinks On Us, Start Stop, and In My Hands, but That Got Damn just got this swag to it that's probably an early favourite. This might steal a place in my top 10.

---

I feel like I've asked this before, but I forgot. What should I start with with James Blake? Dude has so many EPs.

injurai

Banned
Saw Interstellar y'all will give full impressions when I get home, but loved 80 percent of it...

Matt Damon's exposition and sabotage was a bit contrived. I think it could have worked. Having a different actor would probably have been less of a shock to the senses as well.

Hathaway's love exposition I believe was meant to be sappy and emotional. Cooper even acknowledged what the audience or anyone else would have been feeling. Just it was too heavy handed for what it needed to accomplish. She said too many words as well.

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else about it. I haven't found myself so entire gripped and immersed for the ride as I did with that movie. It was a pretty transcending experience to have in front of the big screen.

It's one of those movies I feel is best served while you watch it. Thinking back on it pales in comparison to the moments you're with the movie. I feel tempted to make it my movie of the year, it probably is for at least now. But I've been sleeping on most other well received movies.

WanderingWind

Flames, absolutely flames. Some of these melodies are so infectious, and right when you think it might slow down Juicy J comes in cooking. There are only a few songs I don't like: Screen Door, Swerve (sounds like a fucking Sesame Street song, FOH), and maybe Hasta Luego. I've kind of warmed up to Buy The World since it came out, but I still don't see what Mike WiLL sees in that song. Standouts are probably Drinks On Us, Start Stop, and In My Hands, but That Got Damn just got this swag to it that's probably an early favourite. This might steal a place in my top 10.

---

I feel like I've asked this before, but I forgot. What should I start with with James Blake? Dude has so many EPs.

Fuuuuucckkkk I need to drop ASAP. I need some bangers. I'm still listening to Mastermind.

---

Check out his first two albums and his EP's CMYK, Enough Thunder.

WanderingWind

Des, got anything in your tank that sounds like Ugly Heroes? Like "I can't pay rent and I'm about to be fired" rap? Or some fight music? I'm feeling some kind of way this morning.

Vorheez

is Interstellar at least better than Gravity? cause that shit was booooooooooooooring.
Yeah I thought so. Interstellar is not as impressive as Gravity regarding cinematography...

But seriously, who gives a shit about that. Interstellar is a better movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom