• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guys, how can anyone get L of the year besides Kendrick?

made dudes wait 2 years for a wack pointless third eye blindesque piece of garbage

having the general appearance of a sweaty ball of pubes whenever he appears in public

getting outactivisted and arguably outswagged by J. Cole, whose hustle refuses to stop

v6Rdy3u.png

vESj1.gif

HiResDes

Here are my drunken ramblings from last night regarding Interstellar:
I just watched Interstellar and I got drunk afterwards, so I'm drunk now, but I feel compelled to offer some very quick and loose impressions while everything is still fresh.

Interstellar started kind of slow, but now that I look back the pacing was actually pretty much immaculate in the beginning. The backstory and context for the main plot are set in stone meticulously. However, I must say that the manner in which everything is almost perfectly paralleled and contextualized might have hurt the film in the end. The juxtaposition of this very grounded lifestyle on earth with the ethereal black expanse of space feels very Malick-esque. Anyway, after the slow start I'm pretty much instantly enthralled from the very first moment the cast hits space. The movie is tense and the imagery is so breathtaking that everything becomes a bit surreal and it forces the viewer to dream and then attempts to realize these dreams. Now voicing my issues is going to hard without spoiling anything so this is going to sound really vague. But the second adversity the crew faces on the second voyage is the beginning of what I believe is most artificial and forced feeling part of the movie. Nolan forces these parallels in such a heavy and terse manner between events on earth and what's going on in space and it lacks fluidity. Then at the denouement there's this event, which some people might find magical, but I find utterly ridiculous that takes place. It forces the plot into this overly sentimental, romantic, and sappy turn that really does a great injustice the rest of the film. It feels like retconns itself. If the movie had found a way to end 45 minutes earlier it'd have much better and more satisfying in my humble opinion.

L of the year is definitely Lil Wayne Carter V pushed back multiple times even with Drake features on his singles and now he wants to leave Cash Money but can't . Dude is suppose to one of the top rappers today and he can't even get a release date LOL he woulda gotten outsold by J.Cole. Dat Pusha exodus line :banderas:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Cash Money deserves an L in general. It's not just Wayne. Tyga left violently, Drake almost had his royalties snatched (I think this was in 2013 though), Busta quietly left, Game deaded his own situation, various Hot Boys and Mannie Fresh gave Birdman another shot and he fucked it up once more.

I can at least understand the Wayne situation, because they're not about to drop both Wayne and Nicki within a month of each other, and Wayne's singles didn't have the momentum they were expecting.

HiResDes

This Ferg tape is hilarious, the Bonaroo song is hilariously awful, and then on Uncle he rips off a track from the Roc-La-Familia album...LOL

Trey

I can't call the Earth sections of Interstellar grounded when they have school curriculum teaching kids that the moon landing was a hoax.

Esch

Banned
Uncle he rips off a track from the Roc-La-Familia album...LOL

i think that's a bit of a stretch lol. i might say it's inspired by Where Have You Been but there isnt' really anything straight jacked from it at all.

tape is 6/10 material though

HiResDes

i think that's a bit of a stretch lol. i might say it's inspired by Where Have You Been but there isnt' really anything straight jacked from it at all.

tape is 6/10 material though

The way he rhymes is either a homage or swagger-jack of Beans on that track. I might be able to give this tape a light 7 actually just because of the sheer comedy of tracks like Weave...I think he's in on the joke with some of these tracks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
New Luda EP is okay. It's not bad, but it's not really good either.

Seems better than his other more recent output though.

*shrug*

DominoKid

I think Cash Money deserves an L in general. It's not just Wayne. Tyga left violently, Drake almost had his royalties snatched (I think this was in 2013 though), Busta quietly left, Game deaded his own situation, various Hot Boys and Mannie Fresh gave Birdman another shot and he fucked it up once more.

I can at least understand the Wayne situation, because they're not about to drop both Wayne and Nicki within a month of each other, and Wayne's singles didn't have the momentum they were expecting.

Cash Money has an all time W pass. Every label has ups and downs. But Considering where they started and where they are now, the power they are in the industry. Its a lifetime success story that one day will be made into a crappy VH1 movie even though it deserves at the very least a miniseries on some The Jacksons shit.

Itd take Birdman going to jail for child molestation or some digusting shit like that to give them an L

Lol at the idea of even trying to say Cash Money caught an L. They been successfully robbing artists for 20 years and will continue to do so. Tyga leaving. Wayne complaining won't have affect on them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol at the idea of even trying to say Cash Money caught an L. They been successfully robbing artists for 20 years and will continue to do so. Tyga leaving. Wayne complaining won't have affect on them
Yeah, but if Wayne fucks around and leaves or makes it a public dispute in this era, they stand the risk of hurting their brand. And only recently has some of their more devilish stuff done in the past been coming out.

Then again, they survived Birdman kissing Wayne on the mouth multiple times so who knows.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, but if Wayne fucks around and leaves or makes it a public dispute in this era, they stand the risk of hurting their brand. And only recently has some of their more devilish stuff done in the past been coming out.

Then again, they survived Birdman kissing Wayne on the mouth multiple times so who knows.

I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how that one was just sort of ignored. Like, for as homophobic as rap was (pre-Macklemore) how did that one not ruffle any feathers? Plus, the extra weirdness of him calling him daddy and shit. You ever kiss your pops on the lips when you were 24? Of course not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/nicki-minaj-pinkprint/

Damn. This is an amazing review of the pinkprint, makes me wanna go listen to it.
You're not kidding. The line about it sounding like that moment where you're about to send a text that you know is ill advised has me intrigued alone. I'll place this on my to-listen list, right above the Wu and Ferg.

I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how that one was just sort of ignored. Like, for as homophobic as rap was (pre-Macklemore) how did that one not ruffle any feathers? Plus, the extra weirdness of him calling him daddy and shit. You ever kiss your pops on the lips when you were 24? Of course not.
*Birdman gives Wayne a peck on the lips*
Birdman: That's my son, y'heard?
*Big Tigger nods, defeated, knowing that if he says anything his job is on the line, or Slim will pull the trigger from off-camera*

- - -

I don't get it either, TBH. I mean they were winning at that time too, but Wayne wasn't even close to where he is now.

DominoKid

Wayne said hell yeah I kiss my daddy and everybody was like aight then and kept it moving.

Folks didnt even question it really.

Yeah, I have the flu (shit sucks)

L of the year goes to Kendrick; Fashion L of the year goes to Macklemore's Jew nose

Is Kendrick getting L of the year for not releasing his album yet or for releasing one single that y'all didn't feel? Both don't warrant L's of the year when we have Drake gettin smacked by Puffy, Wayne gettin shelved by his dad, Azealia banks' career choices, Young Thug talkin bout being iced out because he can't comprehend anything, Iggy Azalea's being the most sensitive artist of all time next to Drake, but nah Kendricks facial hair and one single (which is being used in NBA promos) is L of the year. FOH breh

not to mention dude signed a deal with Reebok too. FOH

Esch

Banned

Basically rap fans can be enormously fucking stupid bruh.

If you read thecoli, ktt, or ughh type places you'll see all types of morons rambling on and on about the gay agenda and how they hate transexuals and shit but they're all bumping young thug, wayne, etc.

dead @ "pre-macklemore" though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is Kendrick getting L of the year for not releasing his album yet or for releasing one single that y'all didn't feel? Both don't warrant L's of the year when we have Drake gettin smacked by Puffy, Wayne gettin shelved by his dad, Azealia banks' career choices, Young Thug talkin bout being iced out because he can't comprehend anything, Iggy Azalea's being the most sensitive artist of all time next to Drake, but nah Kendricks facial hair and one single (which is being used in NBA promos) is L of the year. FOH breh

Pretty much. This shit is getting just dumb. Not funny haha dumb, but just dumb. You an adult judging Ls based on another adult's facial hair? You think this is what your dads wanted for your life?

thabiz

i love kendrick, the post.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This post
iBqZtDT3pYEGe.png
iBqZtDT3pYEGe.png
iBqZtDT3pYEGe.png

injurai

Banned
I actually enjoyed the live version he did for snl, but it seemed much better for a non hip-hop project. Like if Kendrick Lamar was planning on becoming the Lenny Kravitz of the '10s.

Esch

Banned

iZcTuAo2yjZsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom