• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter.

I get that it's shitty that hip hops female savior is a white blonde. That said- it's equally shitty that she's judged on her looks when no one was out there talking about snoops appearance when he was coming up.

Hip hop is toxic for women too often.

soulja boy alert

go listen to Real Muthaphuckkin G's.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That video just reminded me that this isn't Snoop from the G Thang vid. It's yet another crusty old hating on a younger rapper's hustle. Yeah, Iggy sucks, but act like you weren't in Starsky & Hutch just trying to get paid.

KRS, Common and Snoop now in that same old people realm.

PBY

Banned
having a song put you on blast, that will last forever vs a picture on twitter that will be forgotten in a month.

yep. totally not the same.
They don't exist in a vacuum. There's baggage and context and expectations that come with being a woman in a public space- forget just hip hop.

It's not the same.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, Snoop hasn't had to endure half the things Iggy has. After all he's a black male who grew up in long beach at the height of the crack era. He should check his privilege.

TxRcqGw.png

PBY

Banned
Yeah, Snoop hasn't had to endure half the things Iggy has. After all he's a black male who grew up in long beach at the height of the crack era. He should check his privilege.

TxRcqGw.png
It's just shitty breh and you know it. Shots at appearances in this sphere aren't the same across genders. Just as there are huge racial imbalances that essentially have produced Iggy.

But it's a toxic comment in the area.

Firemind

I just heard an old hip hop song on the radio featuring a flute in the chorus, but for the life of me I can't remember the artist or the title. halp

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
much as im in denial, reception to her album was largely positive. but fuck the bottom line right? TWITTER BEEF!
It's not just twitter beef (though that alone can qualify you IMO). It's repeatedly putting you and your career in disadvantageous positions and desperately pulling the race card and whatever you can to try and drag this person down, but only digging your own grave further and further.

Banks doesn't just have no chill, she doesn't understand the concept. Don't care how good her album was, she is a psychopath.

Esch

Banned
It's just shitty breh and you know it. Shots at appearances in this sphere aren't the same across genders. Just as there are huge racial imbalances that essentially have produced Iggy.

But it's a toxic comment in the area.
I'm not excusing Snoop's comment or video at all; they were unnecessary and crude (and honestly if he wanted to shit on her he could have done better).

At the same time, I can't bring myself to give a poop about whatever hardship Iggy Azalea faces in the rap game, bruv. She has major label backing, cosigns from important rappers, and her career is going just fine; all while being wack as fuck musically. I'll save my tears for the dark skinned black girls out here just trying to get put on.

81G25cv.png

IrishNinja

damn, that snoop privilege shot

hip hops female savior is a white blonde. .

bruh im with you on hip hop being toxic to women but cmonnnnnn

Snoop knew he looked like a dogg and ran with it.

genius breh

also this
like before some people even saw how very doberman he looked, he had a video morphing into one, from a track on an album with a comic strip about him as a misogynistic snoopy

soulja boy alert

go listen to Real Muthaphuckkin G's.

preach

KRS, Common and Snoop now in that same old people realm.

wait when did com start hating on younger dudes, musta missed that

ahahaha damn, i can relate to this

I'm not excusing Snoop's comment or video at all; they were unnecessary and crude (and honestly if he wanted to shit on her he could have done better).

At the same time, I can't bring myself to give a poop about whatever hardship Iggy Azalea faces in the rap game, bruv. She has major label backing, cosigns from important rappers, and her career is going just fine; all while being wack as fuck musically. I'll save my tears for the dark skinned black girls out here just trying to get put on.

81G25cv.png

but not Azelia Banks tho
:mjpls:

Snoop is a master at staying relevant.

Even now we're talking about him because of an instagram meme.

I bet he really doesn't give a shit either way. People are talking about him and that's ll that matters.

Kwixotik

Even now we're talking about him because of an instagran meme.

I bet he really doesn't give a shit either way. People are talking about him and that's ll that matters.

I don't think Snoop even gives a fuck about being talked about. He has a mansion, unlimited weed, and a Youtube talk show that nobody watches where he can fuck around every week doing whatever he wants while getting all kinds of advertising/product placement deals

IrishNinja

yeah, i get you tjere peter

but not Azelia Banks tho

i'd totally play a mobile game of trying to be her PR manager though, it'd be some demons souls type shit

Even now we're talking about him because of an instagram meme.

sometimes i wonder just how many revenue streams snoop has - like, there's royalty checks from so much weird shit he's shown up in, gotta be a lotta checks of wildly varying amounts

Esch

Banned
but not Azelia Banks tho

She had her shot :mjpls:

She ruined it, with countless unforced L's.

Speaking of L of the year? I can't hand it to someone like her. First off, she's accrued too many L's throughout the 2012 and 2013 seasons to be a standout really. Second, people seem to kinda like her album. Third, the L of the year award is based on prestige and she has none, so.

I honestly don't know who my genuine L of the year would be. I'm thinking Wiz might just be that dude. Wifed up a woman Kanye fell in love with (L), had her seed (L), cheated on her (L), dyed his hair purple (L), and took that naked selfie somewhere with a bunch of waer glasses (LLLLLL).

PBY

Banned
She had her shot :mjpls:

She ruined it, with countless unforced L's.

Speaking of L of the year? I can't hand it to someone like her. First off, she's accrued too many L's throughout the 2012 and 2013 seasons to be a standout really. Second, people seem to kinda like her album. Third, the L of the year award is based on prestige and she has none, so.

I honestly don't know who my genuine L of the year would be. I'm thinking Wiz might just be that dude. Wifed up a woman Kanye fell in love with (L), had her seed (L), cheated on her (L), dyed his hair purple (L), and took that naked selfie somewhere with a bunch of waer glasses (LLLLLL).
Album was aite tho

Soulo prob gets my L. Just because.

Kwixotik

sometimes i wonder just how many revenue streams snoop has - like, there's royalty checks from so much weird shit he's shown up in, gotta be a lotta checks of wildly varying amounts

I remember back in the day there used to be a whole section on his Wikipedia page devoted to all of his random-ass products and endorsements

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I kind of get where peter is coming from. I think it's tough either way; we haven't even seen Macklemore get hit with the kind of venom that Iggy gets hit with (unwarranted or not), but on the flipside her skin color alone gets her by the "why should I give a fuck" test for a rapper, one which can not be worse than it is for the female black rapper at that. I guess that's sort of why I sympathize, especially considering she came into the game pretty humble.

Gift and a curse, but I can see how it's sometimes more of a curse when the backlash is as crazy as it is, and a gift when white privilege is so damning as it is.

Album was aite tho

Soulo prob gets my L. Just because.
Another good candidate that should not be ignored IMO. Along with TDE in general.

I get what Peter is saying, and I agree. I just don't feel bad for her given her history of disparaging others.

Act like its fun and games til its your turn and then get up on that high horse? nah

Nibel

Is Azelia really that important in the first place to hand her the L of the year?

Y'all make fuzz about her and Iggy as if we expected better from them

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/nicki-minaj-pinkprint/

Damn. This is an amazing review of the pinkprint, makes me wanna go listen to it.
Those grantland podcasts are awful. The yeezuz one was decent but the rest consisted of inferior material receiving constant praise. Nothing was bad and it bored me because they were too enthusiastic over mediocrity. Maybe they've gotten better but i can't think of grantland without thinking about those podcasts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom