• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely will need a CDQ but I fux with it, especially the breakdown. Section 80 jazz vibes, Kendrick rapping his ass off...yes please.

Sounds like he's taking quite a "fuck the radio single" approach. That song is not going to be premiered on many radio stations tomorrow or added to rotation.

WHAT DA WHITE MAN SAY

kendrick turning heel on jimmy iovine the jew demon
vxqNSX7.png

jay elec destroys the white woman and aristocracy while kendrick hijacks radio transmissions
fr1d814.png

unleash the flutes obama
HHDZVs5.png

Yep. This isn't a single, it's a statement.

Can't believe how much better dude has gotten at performing live too. Going on tour with Kanye definitely played its part.

Definitely sounds like Bilal had a hand in producing that. That's some straight up Soulquarians shit.

My biggest problem with i was that it just doesn't sound loose, and I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't call up Questlove. And now he drops this perfectly loose semi neo-soul track.

It's clear Kendrick is going all the way left. I remember reading he didn't want 808s and thinking yea right but now...that's what we might get brehs. Shit is dope.

Esch

Banned
I like that new Kendrick song. It kinda still has that heavy-handed naivete I've never liked about his conscious songs but it could be worse. Tentative thumbs up.

Esch

Banned
I'm not feeling it. Pretty indifferent

The song just made me wanna throw on some Goldlink instead.

I hope Kendrick gets Kenny G to be on the new album too

I'd rather hear something like Jealous than that shit

Amazing series of posts. First you start out with the opinion, then the praise starts pouring in and the posts get more and more bitter. First indifference, then a suggestion of band camp shit that's supposedly better, then angst, then a subtle 'I prefer the _____ (piece of his work with less exposure potential)'

Amazing.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
the beat on Kendrick's new track is super interesting to me. that little sax solo was dope too.

needs to do something with dat hair doe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
was gonna make a first impressions post but I'm tired so that God Complex is super dope. Production is nothing fancy, but those Toxic and Men In Black samples do it for me.

potentially top 10 material.

HiResDes

Amazing series of posts. First you start out with the opinion, then the praise starts pouring in and the posts get more and more bitter. First indifference, then a suggestion of band camp shit that's supposedly better, then angst, then a subtle 'I prefer the _____ (piece of his work with less exposure potential)'

Amazing.

No angst, just humor. I relistened to it a couple of times after the video was posted and disliked it more though

overcast

was gonna make a first impressions post but I'm tired so that God Complex is super dope. Production is nothing fancy, but those Toxic and Men In Black samples do it for me.

potentially top 10 material.
For me it is, absolutely. Had a lot of fun drives with that album. He has released some dope tracks separate from it this year too.

big ander

new kendrick is good.
new kacy hill song is bland as hell, bad watered down version of Glasser or Blue Hawaii.
I watched an ep of snl two weeks late cause I'm a boring shit and thought nicki was fantastic so I'm onto pinkprint now. shit starts off slow but Get On Your Knees and Feeling Myself are cool so far

anyone gonna listen to Nobody in full? title track def sounds amateur but that seems like it's become Keef's appeal this year, to people who've stuck with him.

rtj2 got AOTY from pitchfork, good writeup from passionweiss

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That new GOOD signee is kind of dope. Anyone know more of her stuff? I like her voice.

Ye can do no wrong
except Consequence

DominoKid

man when KDot hit that "WE DONT DIE" shit I felt it in my bones
w1sEo13.png

fuck that happy feel good shit. this is what we need. just be loud and brash with it so they cant ignore it.

Esch

Banned
No angst, just humor. I relistened to it a couple of times after the video was posted and disliked it more though
Fair enough lol. What's to dislike though? Its pretty similar to his s.80 stuff in rapping execution. I can't really comment on the production though, need CDQ.

Tbh, I think Kendrick sounds better as an album artist than a one off. His best strength is how he ties songs together on an LP, kind of an underrated talent in artists if you ask me
That new GOOD signee is kind of dope. Anyone know more of her stuff? I like her voice.

Ye can do no wrong
except Consequence

But without Cons there would be no Golden period of ye. Only the mishmash confused crap we have now
troll.png

man me and my brother used to laugh so much at Consequence rhyming the same word over and over and over. I still fux with his verse on Gone tho, whereas my brother still hates it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Consequence's work with Tribe is fantastic, and his contributions to TCD and LR are great too it's just his solo stuff is unbearable for the most part and then he sort of progressively became a dick and bitter that he didn't pop off.

man me and my brother used to laugh so much at Consequence rhyming the same word over and over and over. I still fux with his verse on Gone tho, whereas my brother still hates it.

does your brother also hate verses where each line ends in nigga despite the fact the word before nigga are rhyming with each other?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just listened to the Kendrick track.

This is a thousand fucking times better than "i." Like Domino said above, you can feel the energy in that song. The progression, everything. I hate doing this because it feels like it comes off too picky (but I'm a picky listener) but the first verse and the song started off pretty whack. And then it starts picking up momentum and his verse starts heating up, and he is KILLING it. Maybe it's just the performance, but TBH I felt that song, the emotion was conveyed so well.

Now, I can see that fitting in with "i" on an album pretty well, actually. Now I'm actually intrigued how he'll go out sequencing this and what will fill the holes. I'm a firm believe that songs can get better when they're placed next to the right songs, so maybe "i" is better in context, too. I like that this gave a better insight into what the album might be about and gives it a bit more direction.

Tribe were good, but they really weren't great until Kanye introduced them to Consequence. I didn't even think jazz rap could work until then.
does your brother also hate verses where each line ends in nigga despite the fact the word before nigga are rhyming with each other?
Yes. Immense hate.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Amazing.

Kenny cycle is a real thing already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom