• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I get the feeling that I won't care much for Kenneths new album with respect to rapping style or sonic direction but the lyrical content, cohesiveness, theming, etc will be on point.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
KDot track was cool. He's branching out, but doing so successfully with this one. I hope the album shares this soul/space/funk vibe. George Clintons presence was felt. I want a getup like Thundercat.

procrastination is gonna bite me in the ass one day, brehs. had a week to do this paper that's due at midnight tonight, and i basically started it an hour ago lmao.

thankfully it's only 2 pages and I'm almost finished, but shit. i really need to break this habit.
HAH 2 Pages. One of my first college papers was 8 pages long and due the next day. I started at midnight. Shit was rough.

HiResDes

HAH 2 Pages. One of my first college papers was 8 pages long and due the next day. I started at midnight. Shit was rough.
The worst day of my life was when I had a fifteen page midterm due on Moby Dick and I decided to read the beginning and end of the book the day before, study spark notes for everything in middle, and come up with the thesis in the morning. I ended up comparing Captain Ahab to Satan in Paradise Lost and it came together brilliantly. I worked in the library for four hours straight when suddenly I got an urge to grab cheez-its from the vending machine. When I came back the computer was logged off and everything was automatically erased. I checked recent documents to no avail. I lost eleven or so pages in mere minutes and worst of all the paper was due that evening. I worked my ass off to make everything up and at least make the page requirement, but this was a senior class, and finding all of those little quotes and paraphrases to support the thesis is much harder under pressure. Well I ended getting it around fourteen or so pages, but it was so riddled with grammatical mistakes that even though my foundation was solid I ended up getting a C-. I worked my ass off for that C- though.

overcast

Holy shit. All that cause of cheez-its. Guess that's a sign of things to come for me.

I started my 9 page paper last night and finished in 5 hours. Pretty good.

2 pages means nothing to me anymore and I'm grateful for these long ass papers for that. Oh and Kendrick is good, need a CDQ to judge completely. Especially since Kanye's SNL performance was way better than what we got. Dem live screams.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wrote maybe 20 out of the 35 pages of my thesis within 36 hours.

I hope to never repeat that experience ever again.

DominoKid

for those 5+ page papers I always wondered if teachers really read those through or if they just skimmed them. because i'd just skim them. actually I wouldn't even assign anything longer than 5 pages if I could help it.

injurai

Banned
The worst day of my life was when I had a fifteen page midterm due on Moby Dick and I decided to read the beginning and end of the book the day before, study spark notes for everything in middle, and come up with the thesis in the morning. I ended up comparing Captain Ahab to Satan in Paradise Lost and it came together brilliantly. I worked in the library for four hours straight when suddenly I got an urge to grab cheez-its from the vending machine. When I came back the computer was logged off and everything was automatically erased. I checked recent documents to no avail. I lost eleven or so pages in mere minutes and worst of all the paper was due that evening. I worked my ass off to make everything up and at least make the page requirement, but this was a senior class, and finding all of those little quotes and paraphrases to support the thesis is much harder under pressure. Well I ended getting it around fourteen or so pages, but it was so riddled with grammatical mistakes that even though my foundation was solid I ended up getting a C-. I worked my ass off for that C- though.

I'm reading Moby Dick as my current book. Redeem yourself and read it for leisure.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
For real, the hate from Des is making we wonder about him. If you deny that was some straight la flama when that crescendo rolled into that drop with the sax carrying off in the back, you're just an empty fucking husk inside. Holy shit the hype is suddenly real.

But as an aside, how long before some blogger/Tumblr user calls it racist because of "Indian?" I give it to about noon tomorrow.

WanderingWind

Late, but:

But they worried 'bout Osama
911 passengers aint seen this type of drama

In fact the whole of Raymond 1969 is the rawest shit Q has dropped

I don't know what it is, but the more I listen to HnC the more I like it. I can't quite pinpoint it, but it may just be one of my favorite albums ever. And for real, that line is absolutely one of my favorites.

PBY

Banned
Doing my year end lists- and realizing that SO MUCH awesome stuff came out this year. And the stuff I really dug wasn't rap. Was pretty meh on 2014 rap tbh.

PBY

Banned
Wow. But you love everything.

I mean- I liked a lot of rap that came out this year. But nothing really stuck with me like a lot of the non-rap albums that came out.

Like, my top 3 albums this year are How to Dress Well, St Vincent, and War on Drugs. Nothing in rap came close to those albums for me.

WanderingWind

I mean- I liked a lot of rap that came out this year. But nothing really stuck with me like a lot of the non-rap albums that came out.

Like, my top 3 albums this year are How to Dress Well, St Vincent, and War on Drugs. Nothing in rap came close to those albums for me.

I agree. I don't even really have a top 10. I really loved about 5 albums, I think. A lot of decent to okay stuff, but a top ten rap list for me would be basically a list of crap that got there by default. I keep listening to all kinds of stuff, but nothing is really sticking. I'm still spinning Pinatas.

J10

Banned
I don't like Pinkprint. Her style and technique are so basic and simple I lose interest in every song by the end of the first verse. There's like nothing interesting going on with her flows and wordplay at all. Most of the beats put me to sleep with that flowery atmospheric low pass filter bullshit. The production is very cold and sterile.

HiResDes

The March on Washington remix album is awesome. And I'm wondering if anybody listened to the Starlito mixtape that came out right before Black Sheep?

codhand

new kendrick feat rockapella was doo-doo-dope yall! especially that i dont know what were yelling about part at the end, banderas.gif

The underlying loop on that new Kendrick sounds like something off Fantastic Vol. 2, wheew.

Flames. He better be trying to bust open some eardrums in the same way on the studio version...

codhand

you are so far behind the times man.

well-I-guess-thats-that-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom