• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

It's called opinions. You don't have to force yourself to like something just because someone else does.
I want to discuss those opinions. That's why I'm here, and why I made the post.

Edit: and I value/respect the majority of your opinions on music. I try and see music from a different perspective and hopefully come to appreciate something I had not previously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like I'm jumping in a pool of piranhas when y'all talking about Ye cause I'll never understand the love. Never. There is nothing wrong with the dude, he is a great producer and a good artist, but the worship you guys give him unanimously? Come on. Where does it come from? I tried to play along but Ye is like a religion to you guys, it's fucked up.
huh

Also, unanimous is far from people's opinions on 808s, everyone knows it's a love or hate album. I like it, but I understand if someone doesn't either.

Vorheez

huh

Also, unanimous is far from people's opinions on 808s, everyone knows it's a love or hate album. I like it, but I understand if someone doesn't either.
Haha, I should have said in comparison to other artists... He is talented, we all know that. But he seems to be the one that current artists are constantly contrasted with, like he is up on a pedestal and can't be touched. Kanye is a cheesy/crazy/corny ass dude that just happened to have a good ear for music. Majority of it makes me cringe because those aspects of his personality just pour out of his music.

DominoKid

Haha, I should have said in comparison to other artists... He is talented, we all know that. But he seems to be the one that current artists are constantly contrasted with, like he is up on a pedestal and can't be touched. Kanye is a cheesy/crazy/corny ass dude that just happened to have a good ear for music. Majority of it makes me cringe because those aspects of his personality just pour out of his music.

Of course he is. He a legend. Gotta deal with it.
iboykPFSLKwIIu.png

illadelph

listening to Logic's album made me order a Midnight Marauders vinyl, can't wait to have my eardrums marauded and shit at 2 AM with some beers in me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omg Necklace is so garbage. Rae's verse is straight, the rest is straight trash. The sample is kind of nice but the way it's looped and some of the other stuff done to the production is so wack.

Billboard 200 to start incorporating stream and track sales. Good move, probably a better one than the one Soundscan made.

The Rap Monument Behind The Scenes - Atlanta. So this is a 30 person track comissioned by Hennessey. Two-9, Nick Hook, Scotty ATL, CyHi Tha Prynce, Young Thug, Killer Mike, Pusha T, SL Jones

Jesus fuck @ what Thug is wearing. Pusha & CyHi sound wack as hell.

That Em/Slaughterhouse/Yelawolf goes, except for Em's part because of the random stops and the complete lack of acknowledgement that he's on a beat. Kind of misleading though, only verses from Royce and Crooked, who both go off.

King Crooked (Crooked I) - Freestyling Under Oath. Pretty dope and smooth. Still a stupid name change.

PRhyme - PRhyme video.

IrishNinja

oh good now y'all are posting up taylor in here, neat

I think we officially jumped the shark with this meme.

The only funny thing on this page

god i miss mannie fresh.

Black Milk says he is producing some tracks on Danny Brown's new album. Fuck yes.

edit: he wants to work with Bjork oh lord that would be amazing.

these statements i agree with

Side A is good, Side B is good. Old's an alright album.

agreed but B is an obvious drop off...overall good but it's hard to deny bruh

No I.D. on Juan Epstein. This is about as epic as you'd imagine. So many gems.
- only did records for your homies, and losing his career when Common and Ye decided to work with others outside of their city
- Gave up on opportunities to work with Ghost, Rae, Biggie, Pun in their prime because he was still in that mentality

these bits in particular, ouch. might need to check this out, why did he cut off Com for so long?

at least he went out like a G this time

Album drops in Jan.

ugh, why's your boy gotta drop his struggle the day before my birf like that

...this should be in the OP

GAF-Hop unable to escape the Kanye loophole

ivjpyxy97cm3.png

honestly, i think we stopped trying at least a few OTs back

#ColeSeason brehs

sitting here listening to The Warm Up for the first time in ages, reminiscing on the days when I thought Cole was gonna be the next great rapper.

I shit on his albums because I expect better. I'm rooting for u Jermaine.

drinking

#ColeSeason brehs

sitting here listening to The Warm Up for the first time in ages, reminiscing on the days when I thought Cole was gonna be the next great rapper.

I shit on his albums because I expect better. I'm rooting for u Jermaine.

drinking

reading reading

"drinking"

ah i understand now

Man, this Shady compilation is a waste of time.

Just listen to Til It's Gone and call it a day. I'll laugh if Yelawolf leaves that on this terrible album rather than keeping it for himself.

EDIT: Wait, the Yela track is only a European bonus track? LOL @ this album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
these bits in particular, ouch. might need to check this out, why did he cut off Com for so long?
Sounds like it was a mutual thing, they just went different ways with their career and No I.D. said something to the degree of in a post-Illmatic world he still didn't really feel comfortable not doing all the songs on an album, and it started from one of Com's earlier albums where Com wanted to bring other producers in and him feeling sort of hot about the idea even though he was down with it. I forget which beef it was, but No I.D. refused to do a diss song as well and that also contributed to the split.

I think what's even weirder is that they didn't cross paths again until 2008. Most of the interview is about Common.

illadelph

Sounds like it was a mutual thing, they just went different ways with their career and No I.D. said something to the degree of in a post-Illmatic world he still didn't really feel comfortable not doing all the songs on an album, and it started from one of Com's earlier albums where Com wanted to bring other producers in and him feeling sort of hot about the idea even though he was down with it. I forget which beef it was, but No I.D. refused to do a diss song as well and that also contributed to the split.

I think what's even weirder is that they didn't cross paths again until 2008. Most of the interview is about Common.
Some of it is detailed in this song: Rewind That

"felt like I had to leave home to become a household name"

(half of the song is about No ID, the other half is about J Dilla. It's probably my favorite track off of Nobody's Smiling.)

Vorheez

Dude when it comes to production, fashion and art Kanye is just a poor mans Pharrell anyway, so don't sweat it too much :)
Whatever he is, it's too much.

Of course he is. He a legend. Gotta deal with it.
iboykPFSLKwIIu.png
Yeah exactly, not hip hop jesus like y'all make him out to be

When you grow up with no role models
troll.png
Might be on to something here Esch

Ye is a role model tho.
We've come full circle... Welcome to gaf hop

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ill listen to that shady compilation when I get home, I'm sure it's better than anybody in here wants to admit, but I'm still expecting a B grade experience at best.

Esch

Banned
Nah top 40 country is the worst genre. It's like trap content wise but with nome of the instrumental flair.

Ill listen to that shady compilation when I get home, I'm sure it's better than anybody in here wants to admit, but I'm still expecting a B grade experience at best.

Some of the songs have bars but due to the song structures (very long verses, short hooks if any at all) the album lacks replay value.
Lots of duds but some songs are definitely worth checking out, if only once.

I recommend Psychopath Killer (standout track), Y'all Ready Know, Fine Line, Right for Me, and Detroit vs. Everybody.
Be prepared for some wack beats by the way.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
meh it's still shit. shit country. shit pop. shit.

taylor swift
yfc3s.png

pretty much. and i am usually fine with pop music.
AUlbjyJ.gif

Speaking of eminem, this guy thinks it's ok to rap about rape in 2014?

That being said it is eminem, violence against women is one of his mainstays. Kinda like Jay and how he sold drugs, or Wu-Tang and kung fu movies.

what.
gay6D8M.gif

i think the last time em actually rapped about rape was relapse i think(?). i dont think he did before, i dunno i could be wrong on that.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Naw Em rapped about raping his mother on MMLP.

Em says crazy shit, whats new. Thats what people tune into eminem for. If I wanted to listen to a rapper being inclusive and sensitive I'd go listen to macklemore or some bullshit.

Esch

Banned
what.
gay6D8M.gif

i think the last time em actually rapped about rape was relapse i think(?). i dont think he did before, i dunno i could be wrong on that.
Nah man. Eminem stays rapping about beating/raping/killing women specifically. I mean its hip hop and you can rap about w/e you want but it's just part of his career.

There's a reason he targets pop stars specifically too; his listeners love that shit since they see him as a fount of 'real' music or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom