• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So not only was BP3 going to have autotune, DoA was birthed after Kanye threw a bitchfest over wack ass Heartless? The story gets better and better.

these are your heroes :trollbron:

any Nas talk?
Well, obviously not, but remember Kanye and No I.D. both told Jay to do Death of Autotune (and actively worked on it). Kanye was never mad at Death of Autotune, he helped make it and a discussion between them inspired it IIRC. Heartless was probably just a beat at that time.

And no mention of Nas anywhere.

injurai

Banned
If this does come to fruition, I expect it to be some 2 to 3 hour time slot for FlyLo. The best case scenario would be for FlyLo to get his own SiriusXM channel and have it be a mix of the Chill station but with a lot more hip-hop.

He would definitely have enough material though since he has the entire Brainfeeder record label and could even branch out to similar labels: Alpha Pup and Leaving Records. There's also the Low End affiliation that could help out. Lack of material would not be the reason FlyLoFM doesn't actually happen.

ooh yeah, Alpha Pup would be more than enough.

but I want to hear more stuff like Prefuse 73, Blockhead, Pretty Light, Teebs.

Sabrewulf

Banned
Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - EC
• Favorite Artist - As of now? Probably between Freddie Gibbs and Juelz Santana
• Favorite Artist Outside of Hip Hop/ Rap? - Tommy Guerrero
• Best feature killer - ?
• Favourite producer - Peanut Butter Wolf
• Favourite album - Liquid Swords
• What's in your playlist right now? - Killer Mike/El-P, Flatbush Zombies, Gibbs, some old Dipset tracks, Kendrick Lamar
• What's Your 2014 AOTY? - If EPs are allowed, then Clockwork Indigo is tied with RTJ2

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: Dropout is the only one I legitimately enjoy.
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member?: Meth
• Jay Z or Nas?: Nas
• Biggie or Pac?: Pac
• What’s your dream album/project?: Probably Gibbs doing an EP with Flatbush.
• Who is the next big rapper/producer?: Joey Bada$$
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee?: Overrated - Earl Sweatshirt, Underrated - Meechy Darko
• Have you been known to eat ass? - uhh
• Whats your favorite position to get pegd? - UMM
• Onions or Avocados? - Onions
• Can you Cook REAL food? (non of that frozen shit) - I'm pretty good at pulled pork.

That's all filled out, I guess. If you haven't already, Clockwork Indigo is a pretty great EP. https://soundcloud.com/clockwork-indigo-fbz-ua

Fevaweva

So not only was BP3 going to have autotune, DoA was birthed after Kanye threw a bitchfest over wack ass Heartless? The story gets better and better.

these are your heroes :trollbron:

any Nas talk?
Heartless May be a bit wack, byt it is one of the best selling singles of all time (I think) so Kanye was on to something

Tokubetsu

Don't know if anyone cares but this new Dizzee Rascal goes.

ibfAXDZdNvPOmg.gif

ibjEEzP8Kvm1FQ.gif

Damn all this side b hate. It's not as good as side A but tbh I think I've played smokin and drinkin more than anything else on the album

He should have used more grime artists on that part of the album though. That dude on "dubstep" really worked well with this edm shit

Anyways xxx>hybrid>old

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn all this side b hate. It's not as good as side A but tbh I think I've played smokin and drinkin more than anything else on the album

He should have used more grime artists on that part of the album though. That dude on "dubstep" really worked well with this edm shit

Anyways xxx>hybrid>old
You had me right until the end.

Also I don't understand the Heartless hate. It's a fantastic song. Though I'm assuming it's just because it was a breakout hit from an album people haven't come around to yet.

DominoKid

Heartless is dope. Love Lockdown is the track on that album that deserves hate. That single is really the only time I've ever been worried about Ye falling off.

Heartless is dope. Love Lockdown is the track on that album that deserves hate. That single is really the only time I've ever been worried about Ye falling off.

true. heartless is catchy as fuck. kanye made a great pop song with that. love lockdown is the only one that gets a skip from me these days.

overcast

Anyways xxx>hybrid>old
That's my dude. Smokin and Drinkin is definitely a top tier song off the album, and Dope Song is incredible in every way. There are a few duds on there. Especially the Soul song and he should have either cut Handstand or Break It since there is no need for both.

Don't know if anyone cares but this new Dizzee Rascal goes.

Sounds like some diluted grime, must be Footsie on the beat...?

Suspect timing now Wiley is bringing the old Eski sounds back too.

So yeah this is Footsie on production!

In finding that out I also saw that somebody has uploaded this to Youtube:

Footsie - '09 is Mine

Fuuuccckkk I looking for this beat for YEARS!!!

Him and D Double E spit on it once but the beat never came out officially.
I need the HQ!
Shame Dizzee didn't take more of his beats back then...

Black and Brown over Hybrid though? Black and Brown had rehashed verses/songs...Hybrid was just filled with so many fantastic lines. I still listen to it often.

hating Love Lockdown and loving See You in my Nightmares is the weirdest thing ever
Welcome to Heartbreak/Coldest Winter/Street Lights masterrace

Vorheez

I feel like I'm jumping in a pool of piranhas when y'all talking about Ye cause I'll never understand the love. Never. There is nothing wrong with the dude, he is a great producer and a good artist, but the worship you guys give him unanimously? Come on. Where does it come from? I tried to play along but Ye is like a religion to you guys, it's fucked up.

808s is garbage. I've went back three times and listened to the album back to back because of the frequency it's brought up in this thread. I always think, "man, there must be something with me. How do all these guys love the album but I don't fuck with it? What am I not getting?" So I go back and listen. Analyze the album, track to track, trying to rap along (or sing, whatever the fuck he is doing) and I just can't do it. It always comes out as garbage to me. Can someone give me an analytical breakdown of why it's appealing?

I needed to get this off my chest, I can't pretend to play the game with you guys. Shit's embarrassing. Oh, and this post will probably draw criticism concerning what I listen to now, so here's my top 5 currently. I'll avoid the typical Nas, Biggie, and Pac answers that seek instant approval.

Brotha Lynch Hung
Danny Brown
Redman
Lloyd Banks
Ludacris

I feel like I'm jumping in a pool of piranhas when y'all talking about Ye cause I'll never understand the love. Never. There is nothing wrong with the dude, he is a great producer and a good artist, but the worship you guys give him unanimously? Come on. Where does it come from? I tried to play along but Ye is like a religion to you guys, it's fucked up.

808s is garbage. I've went back three times and listened to the album back to back because of the frequency it's brought up in this thread. I always think, "man, there must be something with me. How do all these guys love the album but I don't fuck with it? What am I not getting?" So I go back and listen. Analyze the album, track to track, trying to rap along (or sing, whatever the fuck he is doing) and I just can't do it. It always comes out as garbage to me. Can someone give me an analytical breakdown of why it's appealing?

I needed to get this off my chest, I can't pretend to play the game with you guys. Shit's embarrassing. Oh, and this post will probably draw criticism concerning what I listen to now, so here's my top 5 currently. I'll avoid the typical Nas, Biggie, and Pac answers that seek instant approval.

Brotha Lynch Hung
Danny Brown
Redman
Lloyd Banks
Ludacris

It's called opinions. You don't have to force yourself to like something just because someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom