• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
And as far as the rape stuff, the difference will come not in how social media reacts but in how eminem reacts. While most people would backpedal themselves into a corner with apologies until they are trapped and can't avoid the shitstorm. Eminem will just say "fuck off and suck a dick" and keep going. Half of the reason people get caught up in these controversies is because they allow it to become about how sorry they are and how wrong they were. And when people see someone being shamed for their behavior (rightly or wrongly) they can't help but jump on and get some of that juicy shaming pie. Eminem isn't going to be shamed, so it isn't going to end up the same way it does for other people who say stupid shit.

studyguy

The problem is when these dudes start believing their own characters.

I can't blame him for playing that shit up either way, dude's been eating off of that persona for years.

But if anything 2014 has proven keeping it real goes wrong real quick for some dudes
tri.jpg

Esch

Banned
And as far as the rape stuff, the difference will come not in how social media reacts but in how eminem reacts. While most people would backpedal themselves into a corner with apologies until they are trapped and can't avoid the shitstorm. Eminem will just say "fuck off and suck a dick" and keep going. Half of the reason people get caught up in these controversies is because they allow it to become about how sorry they are and how wrong they were. And when people see someone being shamed for their behavior (rightly or wrongly) they can't help but jump on and get some of that juicy shaming pie. Eminem isn't going to be shamed, so it isn't going to end up the same way it does for other people who say stupid shit.
To be honest I'm gonna disagree with you and say it's the other way wround. For example Jonah Hill used the word 'faggot' on Howard Stern but immediately apologized for it. It's when you double down that people come in heavy and pick apart your career, and find old songs on YouTube of you
using the n word, talking about raping your mom, etc

Eminem knows this. That's why he apologized for that Foolish Pride song he made wa back when shitting on black women.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
To be honest I'm gonna disagree with you and say it's the other way wround. For example Jonah Hill used the word 'faggot' on Howard Stern but immediately apologized for it. It's when you double down that people come in heavy and pick apart your career, and find old songs on YouTube of you
using the n word, talking about raping your mom, etc

Eminem knows this. That's why he apologized for that Foolish Pride song he made wa back when shitting on black women.

He apologized for the foolish pride song because that's the one line he knows he can never ever ever cross and still expect to have a career.

But anything else? He's not going to give a fuck. When people tried to create a shitstorm last album because he was still using the word fag his response was practically "deal with it" and the issue lost traction pretty quickly because he wasn't sitting there letting people take him to task.

Jonah Hill is also a special exception because he gave what was pretty much the only genuine apology I have ever seen from a celebrity, and even then there were some people who wouldn't let it the fuck go.

Tokubetsu

I can't blame him for playing that shit up either way, dude's been eating off of that persona for years.

But if anything 2014 has proven keeping it real goes wrong real quick for some dudes
tri.jpg

Not really keeping it real going wrong here. Trinidad got dropped the same reason why everyone gets dropped these days. You aren't making the label money.

Labels used to dump you after two albums but now you're lucky if you can get an ep out let alone an entire album before they do it. As soon as you begin to trend down they drop you. They don't invest in new artists anymore, and are stingy with established acts.

RZA interview

He touches on both the old new album (Once Upon a Time in Shaolin) and the new new A Better Tomorrow album:

Can you discuss the concept of the album a little bit?

I changed the order of the album at the last minute. The original order of the album, which is how it kind of plays on the Boombotix. The concept is there’s a man that was in jail. He gets out after five years for a mistaken identity. Then, he goes back to his old neighborhood, 40th Street, and he hooks up with his old crew 40th Street Black. They’re heading now to the big Wu reunion. When they get to the reunion, it’s a great party, everyone’s happy, The O’Jays are singin’ and shit. Then some trouble happens and then it goes to “Ruckus in B Minor” and then he finds out why he was set up for the five years in jail and then the album took us to songs like “Cross Egos”, “Hold the Heater”, “Keep Watch” and then it gets to “Miracle”. And “Miracle” is the middle of the album, it still is the middle of the album, where we question all the violence. We question all the negativity and we question how the world itself has changed. And after Ghostface cries out for the miracle, the album starts getting more optimistic. By the time you get to a song like “A Better Tomorrow” and “Never Let Go”, you see the positive side of things.

HiiiLife

Yeah this Shady XV isn't fesh. Though Catfish Billy on a couple of the tracks was sweet. The lose yourself demo is cool going back to listening to my fav era of Em, then it all comes falling down when you go to Guts over Fear. Lol.

Friday y'all

WRAPPING UP THE PACKAGE, DRUG TRAFFIC

ivyS15S17BMb2.gif
ivyS15S17BMb2.gif

I SELL DOPE, I SMOKE DOPE
I SELL DOPE, I SMOKE DOPE

iHy7zSRMeiyZP.gif

I'M ON THE CORNER, MY MAMA KNOW I SELL DOPE
I SERVE MY NEIGHBOR, MY MAMA KNOW I SELL DOPE

iMkLLyhD2eAUz.gif

Gibbs SOTY champion.

Pathos

Banned
Not surprised at all by what em said but he really needs to let this shit go. He's like 40 and has a grown up daughter. I also think he's gonna get away with it, as everyone knows that's "what he does". It doesn't hurt that he has the strongest legion of stans either.

Cheddahz

Banned
for all of the wii u people, my copy of smash still hasn't been shipped yet from best buy, so i have no idea when i'm getting it

studyguy

Check it, I tried to get a WiiU when Sears was dropping them for 50 bills. Went down to WalMart to price match and some fam dropped by and bought them all. All fucking 6. I could have been smashing but naw, now I'm sitting here having to watch a bunch of people defend an out of touch old cornball. What the fuck is one family gonna do with 6 wiiu's aside from sell them. smh.

Check it, I tried to get a WiiU when Sears was dropping them for 50 bills. Went down to WalMart to price match and some fam dropped by and bought them all. All fucking 6. I could have been smashing but naw, now I'm sitting here having to watch a bunch of people defend an out of touch old cornball. What the fuck is one family gonna do with 6 wiiu's aside from sell them. smh.

image.php

Eminem is untouchable. He's not Mel Gibson working in a field full of the people he shit talked, nor is his demographic a group that is turned off by ignorant comments. In fact his fanbase craves that shit.

Is Walmart going to pull his album from the shelves, with Black Friday approaching? Is iTunes going to ban his shit? Will YouTube block his videos? Will HBO reject a live tour special? No. He'll sell a million records, do a half assed tour, and disappear like he always does - all while a hand few of rights groups hand wring in the corner.

Rick Ross didn't have the clout that Em has, and he's black. Dude has what, three albums that went diamond? I remember rights groups being upset when Em was selling cars and snacks during the Super Bowl but he didn't lose those deals.

DominoKid

tri.jpg

That's probably my favorite rapper tweet of the year.

That Ye "Headed Home Now" tweet is up there if it was from this year. I can't remember.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nobody is untouchable in the entertainment industry. Eventually, Em won't be selling enough for a label to carry an old ass rapper. He'll say some stupid shit and it will eventually stick. That's the end of his chapter.

PBY

Banned
This.

Dude is still selling like it's the early aughts, he'll be fine until he decides to call it quits. Interscope has never given a shit about public backlash.

This album will probably be platinum before the end of the year.
Will be the best selling rap release this year

Esch

Banned
Aren't you vice chairman of the soulja girl squadron?
We the FBI (father-having brehs incorporated) have spent years with our moles in this organization and finally managed to suss out the general power structure of La Soulja Nostra, with help from men on the inside (Tokubetsu, HRD).

soldati : overcast, countblackule, cb1115, Nibel, silentcapybara

caporegime; CACophony, Courage, DominoKid

consigliere: peterb0y

underboss: discotheque

Don Soulja: enzo

iTlXHFZvrNsUA.gif

PBY

Banned
We the FBI (father-having brehs incorporated) have spent years with our moles in this organization and finally managed to suss out the general power structure of La Soulja Nostra, with help from men on the inside (Tokubetsu, HRD).

iTlXHFZvrNsUA.gif
D
E
A
D

iTlXHFZvrNsUA.gif

jesus esch

Kevyt

Hello Gaf-Hop!! I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the whole FIB thing but interesting, very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom