• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't test me bro, I'm a Weeknd stan. his music is the only thing I stan.

I only am saying I was disappointed in the song, compared to his other album/ singles/ soundtracks/ features.

What you said was " nope when he autotuned it.." so surely you can understand where I think you might be new to his music since he relies on it. If you said anything else I wouldn't have replied like that

What you said was " nope when he autotuned it.." so surely you can understand where I think you might be new to his music since he relies on it. If you said anything else I wouldn't have replied like that

nah I was simplifying the fact he fluctuated during the chorus which made it sound so bad, and nothing about the song has either substance or style.

I don't get why it's so popular to hate Lupe. Somebody fill me in. I'm not a big fan of his music, but I appreciate some of the shit he tries to do.

a lot of shit. Not even bothering to remember lyrics to one Tribe song when that's why he was making an appearance. Complaining about his record label for the past 3 albums. Hyped up by 10 year olds when he first came out when the amount of effort he put into actually rapping is on par with random youtube user writing lyrics into the comment section.

I ain't hated on him for awhile though.

overcast

Kiss Land was a disappointing album compared to his first few tapes. Only thing is I conpletely saw it coming.

Lupe going in on Twitter goddamn, lmao.

Hilarious how tame it is compared to like...any of his other songs. Guess you can't talk about fucking bitches in a headlock standing up anymore.

RIP the weeknd, 2011 - 2013

tumblr_m1nsxc3jUu1qdjfd8o1_400.gif

stop it slime. Often+Or Nah remix were the comeback we dreamed of.

King Of The Fall was solid too.

I didn't realize Lupe was getting flake for something else once again. That is some funny stuff though and I agree he actually has a point. If there's someone to complain about towards that kind of stuff, it wouldn't be Lupe personally.

Esch

Banned
I'm an honorable great elder of Lupe Fiasco hatred. I've hated him since the first time I heard his awful voice belt out a verse about animu or the Playstation Portable or whatever his stans like from him.

But femotionality aside, I can see why he's frustrated here like. I'd be mad as fuck if i spent so much time and energy on social issues and these dudes were calling me a coon.

Rembrandt

Banned
a lot of shit. Not even bothering to remember lyrics to one Tribe song when that's why he was making an appearance. Complaining about his record label for the past 3 albums. Hyped up by 10 year olds when he first came out when the amount of effort he put into actually rapping is on par with random youtube user writing lyrics into the comment section.

I ain't hated on him for awhile though.

His label was doing him dirty, though and it came from him signing such a long deal. Wasn't he talking about how they were holding his album hostage unless he did the poppy songs he wanted? I mean, they were successes so I guess they had a point, but he did too.

Idk, it just seems Lupe gets hate for weird reasons when he's been adamant about speaking out on a lot of things rappers never touch.

Lupe has two dope albums, can't take that away from him.

I agree that I'd be pissed too if I spent the last decade talking about race shit only to be called a coon over some wack white rapper. Who gives a shit about Iggy, why is she suddenly a litmus test?

Ain't nothing dope about Lupe's first two album. Each one has about what 18 tracks and 8 good songs.

I find it funny too Lupe stans out here being impressed by his recent songs. I admit they are decent, but no Lupe stan can truly say he has been this emotive in his raps ever. Dude used to be in paint dry rap category, but I don't blame you all for liking him. 00 was the quite possibly the worst era for that type of rap. Neo-Soul killed the balls of "conscious" rap, no one wanted to rap with aggressiveness and instead relied so heavily on a laidback non existent flow

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What did he say to be called out anyway?

Lupe made two dope albums and 2 great tapes. I H8 you all.

He came to bat for Iggy, saying her music had a place in hip hop. Then came the faux militants with pitchforks calling him a coon. The dude has been wrong about a lot of shit and took that heavy L from Rhymefest, but he's been out trying to speak on social issues, since forever.

Esch

Banned
It's just fucking annoying that salient people are expending so much energy on this chick. How can all of these dudes so long in the game be bothered to give a shit? We all know she's inauthentic. We all know she's trash, unless you're peterb0y or you're a huffington post/buzzfeed reader. And as such, everyone should all be fine with her existing. There's no cultural movement behind her rise. There's no real fanbase. There's no longevity in her future.

Just let it go.

Everyone out here gotta write a thinkpiece on twitter over this, for what.

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif

It's just fucking annoying that salient people are expending so much energy on this chick. How can all of these dudes so long in the game be bothered to give a shit? We all know she's inauthentic. We all know she's trash, unless you're peterb0y or you're a huffington post/buzzfeed reader. And as such, everyone should all be fine with her existing. There's no cultural movement behind her rise. There's no real fanbase. There's no longevity in her future.

Just let it go.

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif
Australia got Hospin while we got Iggy. Fair trade I say

Courage

Just let it go.

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif

I still think she brings up valid points regarding Iggy, even if there is no significant motive, which is why dudes like Q-Tip are responding to Iggy and not Banks, for the reasons you stated. She's a basketcase that managed to bring up a relevant issue.

edit: nvm you're talking about iggy and not banks.

Just let it go.

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif

This. People acting like black rappers are being led to concentration camps out here. Last time I checked all the big rappers today are still black, outside of Eminem. Drake, Jay, Kendrick, Cole (smh)...the dudes selling and being consistently relevant remain black. There has yet to be a white rapper to be consistently successful for years outside of Eminem.

DominoKid

Just let it go.

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif

for likes and retweets. the most valuable currency in these e-streets.

If you're in So. Cal and don't have Christmas Eve plans you have to make it out to Low End for Beat Invitational. The big names should roll through--Flylo, Nosaj, Toki, etc. Everyone gets to play two unreleased beats. Winner determined by nobody caring who wins and everyone enjoying dope unheard beats. Gonna be a blast.

12.24, 9:35 - 1:30, $10.

PS love y'all

This. People acting like black rappers are being led to concentration camps out here. Last time I checked all the big rappers today are still black, outside of Eminem. Drake, Jay, Kendrick, Cole (smh)...the dudes selling and being consistently relevant remain black. There has yet to be a white rapper to be consistently successful for years outside of Eminem.

Yeah at the end of the day she's a huge fad to sell records nothing more nothing less I don't think she'll last within the next few years.

PS What's Up Pickles

King Push dropping Spring 2015

Can't wait. MNIMN was surprisingly great.

dope

y'all ready know

and as for Kiss Land, let's not pretend it wasn't a misstep, albeit still decent.
Often and KOTF were steps back in the right direction though. Not to mention working with his old producers again. His next album is my most anticipated in any genre.

also lol Iggy and Lupe
those two names should tell you enough
I am mildy interested in Tetsuo & Youth though
ya never know
then again I said the same thing about J. Cole's album.

How the hell was Kiss Land a misstep? It was in the running for AOTY.

In relation to the mixtapes.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, hell, Adaptation is one of my most played songs, but it wasn't on par with the mixtapes. I still think it was great though.
Just saying he can do better.

edit: funny we're having this discussion now, yesterday was actually the anniversary of Echoes of Silence. XO/The Host still top 5 song.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I usually don't get into that style of RnB, tbh, but Kiss Land remains on my playlist. I dunno. The vibe on there is dark

Tokubetsu

Love all of those tracks. Kiss Land was my favorite tape from him.

That repeated chorus at the start and end of The Town make kiss land for me.

You did many things
That I liked, that I liked
And you like diamond rings
I can provide, I can provide for you
You made me feel so good
Before I left
On the road
And you deserve your name
On a crown, on a throne~

*bass kick*

4z8k2Pw.gif

Status