• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

I thought Snoop's next project is solely produced by Pharrell?

Unless Snoop is working on more stuff, but I don't think the man is that active.

Esch

Banned
I hope it's something gaf-hop hates.

Lil' B over some madlib beats.

would go nice.

I hope you never lay with another lightskin girl again, Act II never comes out, and Ab Soul never matches Control System.

the return of hopsin over Nas' rejected beats

ibhfyJmH5Q3xqo.gif

Young Magus

I shouldn't say this, but I gotta feed my GAF HOP bros, so don't say I didn't ever do shit for you.

Got word from a Stones Throw connect that Madlib and another west coast rapper have been in the studio every day for the last month working on an album... and the rapper is someone you'd never expect to work with Madlib in a million years.

Its Snoop.

Edit:
Lil' B over some madlib beats.

would go nice.
All of my money!!!!!!!!

Nibel

Game fell off after DA and never came back, playing bodyguard for Kourtney and shit

He's kinda on the same level as Fifty music-wise

Detox

Dope David Banner interview with Sway.

Says some good shit on concious rap, most of it nowadays is wack and you need to make it a dope song first. He wouldn't compromise the 'jammingness' of his song for conciousness or any thing else.

I think overall Lupe hasn't struck that balance enough recently but those songs were dope.

Lupe essentially wasted half of his prime making troll songs over weak production. Thot 97 and other shit rubbed me the wrong way, as him constantly trying to prove how smart he is. Meanwhile "underground" has been full of dudes surpassing him on most levels over dope production...

Lupe's biggest problem has been his perfect image. Rap is full of contradictions, guys who rap about "conscious" shit while also rapping about a variety of gutter shit. Lupe has spent most of his rap time acting like he's above it all, some white knight nerd judging the masses. I hate that shit. I hope those tweets suggest we'll get a more aggressive, real Lupe soon. Bruh we know you fuck IG chicks, stop pretending like you're perfect.

Lupe essentially wasted half of his prime making troll songs over weak production. Thot 97 and other shit rubbed me the wrong way, as him constantly trying to prove how smart he is. Meanwhile "underground" has been full of dudes surpassing him on most levels over dope production...

Lupe's biggest problem has been his perfect image. Rap is full of contradictions, guys who rap about "conscious" shit while also rapping about a variety of gutter shit. Lupe has spent most of his rap time acting like he's above it all, some white knight nerd judging the masses. I hate that shit. I hope those tweets suggest we'll get a more aggressive, real Lupe soon. Bruh we know you fuck IG chicks, stop pretending like you're perfect.

Yeah Lupe is one of those niggas who tries to make his living acting like he's smarter than everybody else but dude's not nearly that smart

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Which is super funny, considering the narrative of what his past was like. It's like dude was so worried about the feds that he flew all of the way to the other side of the spectrum, with no balance.

Esch

Banned
Nah Lupe's biggest problem is that his music is and always has been completely devoid of any form of groove or swag or vibe. Like it can be lyrically dope but there's no joy in what he does.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah Lupe's biggest problem is that his music is and always has been completely devoid of any form of groove or swag or vibe. Like it can be lyrically dope but there's no joy in what he does.
Nah, this is why The Cool is so much better than F&L. A lot of emotion throughout and lots of different feels.

Cheddahz

Banned
Guys, I had some dope ass pizza last night (had roasted chicken with chili sauce on it with some goat cheese, mozzarella, pistachios, roasted red peppers, and some Thai satay sauce drizzled on it). I took a bite into it and I was like
noah.png

EDIT: Lupe has never been good

IrishNinja

I regularly listen to trilogy and kiss land. Weeknd is great. Even better smoking

Boys I just got a bus home. It's 8am I'm pretty drunk still, I reek of weed. All these people on the bus going to work and shit giving me slick looks haha.I went back to this girls place and got the good, now is too good a mood to be brought down. And im goin to bed now with nothing on tomorrow. I forgot how great single life can be

this is what the fuck im talkin bout bruh, glad to see you in that life so quick
savor it

Really want a new album from Q-Tip.

this is me like all the time

Finally, a new Coolio album.

Madlib x Angry Kurupt

strangely okay with these

really can't see it working but eh

If it's E-40 I might cry. Not sure if it'd be sadness or joy doe

e-water just put out like 14 albums so i dunno bout him

"related headlines: Lupe Fiasco lost his damn mind"

also this post right here wasn't rhetorical ya'll

des/caco/WW (i forget which of youse were vinyl heads?) - i need some help: