• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Nah Lupe's biggest problem is that his music is and always has been completely devoid of any form of groove or swag or vibe. Like it can be lyrically dope but there's no joy in what he does.
Lol. You got something like Gotta Eat is really fun and playful. Paris Tokyo has plenty of groove. Superstar was a huge hit for a reason.

I'm convinced there is something deeper to your Lupe Fiasco hate breh.

DominoKid

Nah Lupe's biggest problem is that his music is and always has been completely devoid of any form of groove or swag or vibe. Like it can be lyrically dope but there's no joy in what he does.

Hmmm...yeah Im gonna agree with that. At least his first two albums have a level of competency to them.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
1) Lupe has lost his damn mind. Again. For the 12th time this quarter.
2) If you can't connect to Seinfeld, you're not only dead inside, but I question whether you were ever alive in the first place.
3) Irish, I'm not a vinyl collector. I'm like a vinyl collector but for old ass computer games. Post the appropriate Coli face below.

studyguy

40px-Fishface.png

Nibel

That is actually the case with most conscious rap artists

I could be wrong obviously but I'm going to assume Nas hasn't worked with Q-Tip lately, which is a fucking shame. Dude is on fire and has a perfect knack for mixing "modern" and old school production together. Nas would sound perfect over his shit.

Honestly though...what is Tip doing? Initially it sounded like Kanye was going to be working a lot with him, then that seemed to die out. Sooo, what's he up to...

I could be wrong obviously but I'm going to assume Nas hasn't worked with Q-Tip lately, which is a fucking shame. Dude is on fire and has a perfect knack for mixing "modern" and old school production together. Nas would sound perfect over his shit.

Honestly though...what is Tip doing? Initially it sounded like Kanye was going to be working a lot with him, then that seemed to die out. Sooo, what's he up to...

helping Dre put the finishing touches on Detox

Last time I checked last year in a interview with Elliot Wilson he said he was working on The Last Zulu and Kanye's new album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tip has been working on The Last Zulu forever. I don't think he's rushing it, and at the same time, I think he's just primarily touring right now. He's in no rush to do anything, and I appreciate that he's not dangling the shit in front of us like Jay Elec.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This whole poo storm reminded me that I hadn't listened to The Renaissance in some time. That album still feels as fresh as when it was released. Not an ounce of fat on it.

Rewatched all of Seinfeld last summer, it's pretty amazing how relevant it still is. Elaine refusing to date someone pro-choice, Jerry being a casual racist toward Native Americans. A lot of episodes would still fit in just as well if they were released today.

IrishNinja

I tried over and over to get into it and nothing sticks. I hate all of the characters.

That being said I love Curb.

yeah, disco kinda nailed it - no idea how you'd love one but not the other?

3) Irish, I'm not a vinyl collector. I'm like a vinyl collector but for old ass computer games. Post the appropriate Coli face below.

ah, that's cool too - who else was Des saying was a big vinyl head here? might gotta just bump the vinyl GAF thread or whatever

didnt ye shelf whatever he had for cruel summer? i kept hearing tip was doing beats for people that never came out.

as was said, Last Zulu and i too hope he takes as much time as he needs. related: now i gotta find out if renassance saw a vinyl release, loved that & the unreleased one

This whole poo storm reminded me that I hadn't listened to The Renaissance in some time. That album still feels as fresh as when it was released. Not an ounce of fat on it.

^this, this

overcast

The one where Elaine and Seinfeld are having sex. Costanza, "I want details and I want them now". Friend in a relationship I know always wants to know that shit lmao.

This is what I have been saying forever but get dismissed as a hater

Esch

Banned
confession, i kinda enjoy that wale / jeremih body like a benz song.

jeremih is kind of whatever though. don't see the hype.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

1. Scratches depend on a few things. How deep they are (they could easily just be scuffs and surface marks that won't degrade listening quality greatly, but could add a layer of fuzz or pops/jumps in a track. Then there are deeper scratches that can throw the needle off. Finding out how bad they are will help you out with that.

Never heard about alcohol based cleaning, but the usual method is a quick spin in distilled water and left to dry for a day. Then taking a micro fiber towel/rag and giving it a quick spin while gently holding the towel against the record. the other method for deeper cuts is wood glue, but that one you would want to test on a shitty record first and get good at it before trying it on something you treasure.

2. Tone arm repair could be done by someone familiar with the equipment or by your own self! depends on how confident you are in getting something like that done and how extensive the damage is to the equipment. Not knowing what kind of turntable it is repairs can run from $50 to at least $300. If you have to replace the entire arn instead there are venues that sell fully built tone arms and need to just be installed and balanced.

DJ tables are fine for just listening to records on. Just make sure it's balanced at the end of the day, can't have the needle digging into your records causing ever lasting damage!

This is a good thread over on the Steve Hoffman forums about using Magic Erasers for cleaning

How to posts in order:

I may have to go pick up a pack of brushes on my way home today.

Welp just bought a PS4 for $330 if anyone wants to add I have the same username. Anybody wanna suggest some games already have GTAV, Destiny, Last of Us for PS3.

IrishNinja

add me Rasta, i'm TheIrishNinja on PSN

I have a basic ass audio technica table that's like 90 bux new. Works like a charm tho.

yeah google image makes some of those look kinda like what i'm talking about - how do they hook into modern receivers, just regular AVs or what?

1. Scratches depend on a few things. How deep they are (they could easily just be scuffs and surface marks that won't degrade listening quality greatly, but could add a layer of fuzz or pops/jumps in a track. Then there are deeper scratches that can throw the needle off. Finding out how bad they are will help you out with that.

Never heard about alcohol based cleaning, but the usual method is a quick spin in distilled water and left to dry for a day. Then taking a micro fiber towel/rag and giving it a quick spin while gently holding the towel against the record. the other method for deeper cuts is wood glue, but that one you would want to test on a shitty record first and get good at it before trying it on something you treasure.

2. Tone arm repair could be done by someone familiar with the equipment or by your own self! depends on how confident you are in getting something like that done and how extensive the damage is to the equipment. Not knowing what kind of turntable it is repairs can run from $50 to at least $300. If you have to replace the entire arn instead there are venues that sell fully built tone arms and need to just be installed and balanced.

DJ tables are fine for just listening to records on. Just make sure it's balanced at the end of the day, can't have the needle digging into your records causing ever lasting damage!

awesome weins, thanks for this man.
sounds like ill do the distilled water thing first and see how much that fixes on the better ones, so you just kinda submerge it real quick in say a small tub of said distilled water & let it air dry? ive definitely got microfiber cloths about too.

and yeah i think he said it's the whole arm, but that it's a good player otherwise. might just check this swap shop on the beach, i hear they might do repairs but good to know i'd just need to order said part & have it installed/balanced.

really can't wait; current setup is such booty. like if you plug in the nice headphones des recommended they sound great, but even if you plug in nice speakers they'll sound like shit.

Cheddahz

Banned
yeah google image makes some of those look kinda like what i'm talking about - how do they hook into modern receivers, just regular AVs or what? .

yeah, they come with av cables and get easily be hooked up to sound bars and what not

the cables provided aren't that long though

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Don't miss my updates!

This is a good thread over on the Steve Hoffman forums about using Magic Erasers for cleaning

How to posts in order:

I may have to go pick up a pack of brushes on my way home today.

as for using distilled water when I've done it in the past, I've made a tiny bucket, enough for the record to float in but not the label itself and spun it on a pencil or whatever can fit the hole so that the record is covered in water. laid it down on a towel (microfiber is a must, other towels will leave fabric and attract dust) and let it dry.

That's how I've done it. They do make cleaning kits that people swear by. depends on how much you want to invest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom