• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
It's not just a movie esch. It's a symbol of america's late capitalism ideals and values. The terrorists have won good job.

:pacspit

I'm about to just go through my new Cassavetes collection instead
Honestly I'm watching it just cause of posts like this. I might even go out to the theater and buy tickets for my siblings, it's just like that. Y'all lost,just based on bitterness. I can't take your poorly cobbled together pro NK stance seriously.

troll.png

Tokubetsu

Honestly I'm watching it just cause of posts like this. I might even go out to the theater and buy tickets for my siblings, it's just like that. Y'all lost,just based on bitterness. I can't take your poorly cobbled together pro NK stance seriously.

troll.png

bruh, I thought we were both clowning des together

overcast

Why would I waste my time on awful piece of shit film like The Interview? I hope you're not going to say out of some bullshit nationalist propaganda to stick it to North Korea by giving a racist, sexist, and soulless multinational company like Sony hits and or money.
Isn't this every company though?
The Interview reads like a Seth McFarlene Family Guy flashback.
This is spot on though.

CRS

i'm not looking for citizen kane from modern cinematography; just something (cult or not) with enjoyable action that doens't feel half-assed or soulless in its execution
This is why the Fast and Furious series is GOAT.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals, and a Happy New Year.

Nibel

Merry Christmas GAF-Hop

Hope you enjoy time with friends and family and eat well and that Santa might even bring something to your house since his three HOs are actually loyal #knawmsayin

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck Christmas, happy Hanukkah my fellow chosen people (yeah yeah I'm late).

we do NOT see great action choreography in mainstream US action anymore though. Skill there is probably at an all time low in mainstream HWD cinema, actually. Everything is cut together quickly and suffocated so they can half ass everything and make you think you watched something much cooler than the boring thing you just watched-- the opposite of stellar choreography/editing in say, Chinese films that overlap actions across edits so you take in more of each punch/kick/flip. John Wick probably the only domestic exception in all of 2014.
I was about to say,what about John Wick doe

Tokubetsu

I was about to say,what about John Wick doe

to be fair though, John Wick was directed by dude/s who were stunt co-ordinators by trade. Basically, they actually gave a fuck about the action they were depicting. Versus all the other garbage we get where pouty looking white girls amd boys get prioritized over everything else with cgi fill ins for everything else.

I mean this is sort of the big difference between great and average directors now right? Dudes like Fincher and Nolan, despite their faults are meticulous as hell. Know what they want, have a good idea of how to get it, not afraid to do (at least in fincher's case) dozens and dozens of takes. The guys who did John Wick built sets, and went into set pieces with the action in mind. They knew what they needed out of their environment AND their actors/stuntmen/women. You just don't get that kind of consideration out of action cinema in the west anymore, not when you can just bullshit with cgi in post 8/10 times.

You watch something like the Insurgent trailer and can't help but feel like, regardless of talent, most of those actors are just giving nothing most of the time. It's firmly a paycheck movie. Even someone like Jai Courtney, everyone loves to use him as a punching bag but he did decent work in Spartacus, hell even Jack Reacher for the little bit he was in that. We're real quick to throw a lot of these young actors under the bus without a closer look at the work they're being given and the people given to them.

Basically what im saying is, if you're gonna make a film, care about all parts of it. Do them to the best of your ability or hire people who can in the areas you think you're weak in. Film is a collaborative effort, it's not all the director. Director is like a composer. A great one is a great one but if you're wind section is weak it's still fucking weak ya dig. Don't be a fuckboy.

Note: Toku ain't sleep, toku is on like hour eight and a quarter into a giant bottle of grey goose xmas binge bless up i see you gaf-hop

2014 Forest Hills Drive also broke the record for most album streams on Spotify, being streamed over 15.7 million times in its first week. The previous record holder was One Direction with 11.5 million streams

Esch's boy made it ya'll

Courage

So Bastard dropped 5 years ago

BASTARDCOVER.png

Pretty damn good album. I felt Tyler's persona was pretty fresh at the time, so there was something alluring about the guy's style (and production) at the time. Better than Goblin and Wolf but obviously not as good as Earl.

Courage

looking back OF was always shit for the most part but it was fresh so they got a pass for a while.

Yeah, there was no sense of evolution or progression really. Their musical style wasn't also something you can sustain for while. And I don't think they cared, it just impacted their (Tyler's especially) music negatively.

Speaking of OF Earl has a interview with Tyson

Tbqh I think Earl's next tape could be really great I liked Doris a lot all he needs to do is use different flows and he's straight IMO. Never really fucked with OF outside of Frank Ocean sure I heard Yonkers and felt they had hype for no reason plus that rape rap shit was basically younger Eminem all over again. First real OF projects I liked was Wolf & Doris.

studyguy

Brehs.... I had a sledgehammer of a hangover slammed on my head.
It's not even noon and it's too early to be up today.

alarm-clock-smash-o.gif

Also dudes on this forum are boring motherfuckers at a party?
Why am I not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom