• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosenberg using hyperbole to get his point across again. Yes, Azealia Banks is a fucking genius. FOH

Isn't that typical media wormboy shit though? Gas up whoever you want something from - be it an interview, invite to an event, etc. The Banks interview went viral with a milly views, they want her back on the show but have to repair that bridge...by kissing her feet. Shit is stupid but that's how music "journalism" works. Similar to game "journalism."

You'll never hear that fuckboy Elliot Wilson say "you know what, that Drake song was disappointing" because all he cares about is maintaining the vicarious relationship of being able to interview Drake and be his cheerleader. Similar to how Rosenberg is TDE's cheerleader. I recognize a dusty nicca when I see one, and Rosenberg fits the bill. You can't tell me he liked Oxymoron. But he couldn't say "Oxymoron was a disappointing and average album to me" because he needed to secure Q for events, including his birthday concert lol.

Tokubetsu

i can see rosenberg being lame enough to actually like Oxymoron.

jyEBPtt.gif

Courage

Isn't that typical media wormboy shit though? Gas up whoever you want something from - be it an interview, invite to an event, etc. The Banks interview went viral with a milly views, they want her back on the show but have to repair that bridge...by kissing her feet. Shit is stupid but that's how music "journalism" works. Similar to game "journalism."

You'll never hear that fuckboy Elliot Wilson say "you know what, that Drake song was disappointing" because all he cares about is maintaining the vicarious relationship of being able to interview Drake and be his cheerleader. Similar to how Rosenberg is TDE's cheerleader. I recognize a dusty nicca when I see one, and Rosenberg fits the bill. You can't tell me he liked Oxymoron. But he couldn't say "Oxymoron was a disappointing and average album to me" because he needed to secure Q for events, including his birthday concert lol.

You're probably right, but there's times I see it done with some tact and discretion. It doesn't excuse his corny ass.

Kinda not feeling Macklemore spending hour long interviews essentially apologizing for being white. If that's what "knowing your place in the culture" looks like maybe the culture is fucked to begin with.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kinda not feeling Macklemore spending hour long interviews essentially apologizing for being white. If that's what "knowing your place in the culture" looks like maybe the culture is fucked to begin with.

It sort of had to be addressed after Banks/Iggy shit used him as a battleground. I don't see how anybody can listen that that interview and agree with anything that's basically been said. It's a shame this shit is taking precedent over talking about his next album, but he couldn't just ignore the topic. It feels like this should put all this crap to bed though.

DominoKid

I want to see the interview where Macklemeore comes out like "fuck the bullshit. Im white and im running this shit right now. Check the scoreboard." Just go super-cac instead of apologies and pandering. Thats not hip hop.

overcast

Earl Sweatshirt Debuts Five New Songs in Concert

EDIT: The "Hell" song is just him rapping over "Brand New Guy"
That sounds like an awful match.
i can see rosenberg being lame enough to actually like Oxymoron.
Bro. C'mon.
He's been put into a corner honestly. It's unfortunate but him and Iggy are now the face of culture appropriation in hip-hop.

I want to see the interview where Macklemeore comes out like "fuck the bullshit. Im white and im running this shit right now. Check the scoreboard." Just go super-cac instead of apologies and pandering. Thats not hip hop.

doing that would 100% represent "the culture" more than taking an hour to explain how he's "one of the good ones" from a white male perspective. What's funny is the people Mackelmore is explaining himself to are the same people who would argue Same Love doesn't have a place in "the culture" and all that sweet shit should be kept out. So whose opinion is he really trying to value? The dudes that hate skinny jeans, white rappers, gay dudes, and women of all kinds? Does anyone not notice the gross level of misogyny inherent to most anti-Iggy stances? Why the fuck does Macklemore care what these Lord Jamar stanning cavemen think?

codhand

It's not horrible, it's just like the Destiny of rap albums. As you're listening you get that feeling like damn, I should be listening to something else.

OG Kush

Elliott Wilson is fucking whack. I should really unfollow his instagram.

Oxymoron like Destiny? LOL, when did Schoolboy Q's mixtapes/albums ever become as highly regarded as the old Halo's?!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Whereas H&C is just ...better. On every level. I've mellowed on Oxy a bit, mostly because Q deserves the success, but I want some more of that Figg St Nightmare, Sacriligious stuff to go with the Man of the Year and Collard Greens

Courage

Yeah, I don't hate Oxymoron like I did back in February. A lot of the tracks grew on me, like Los Awesome, Gangsta, Break The Bank. It's a decent album. Still a disappointment after H&C tho.

Whereas H&C is just ...better. On every level. I've mellowed on Oxy a bit, mostly because Q deserves the success, but I want some more of that Figg St Nightmare, Sacriligious stuff to go with the Man of the Year and Collard Greens
I feel like he had tracks that were kinda like Figg/Sacrilegious but it just didn't..come out that well.

Hoover street was missing a vital sample that kept it from sounding the way it ended up sounding like, Druggies & Hoes 3 couldn't make the album because of samples, the label was pushing for radio singles like Studio and possibly hell of a night.

oxymoron did have The Purge tho.. no rapper should go over a Tyler beat unless they're in OF. that beat was horrible.

Los Awesome was :scust: too. Q didn't even play it at his concert lol.

Break Da Bank SOTY tho
Elliott Wilson is fucking whack. I should really unfollow his instagram.

Oxymoron like Destiny? LOL, when did Schoolboy Q's mixtapes/albums ever become as highly regarded as the old Halo's?!

Elliott is who he is, but following his instagram is better than following every rapper individually. Dude posts everything b

damn.. YG is who I thought he was

Logic sells out venues across the country and would have done 100k first week if he wasn't undershipped. Dude is popular as fuck.

Joey Badass is basically a half step above being a regional act. YG did 61k first week despite big hits and being from California...Badass will be lucky to do half that IMO.

Oxymoron is basically a 6. Maybe a 5 at the lowest. Some truly great highs (MOTY, Break The Bank) mixed with very low lows (that song with Jay Rock, Collard Greens, Purge, etc). I also like the 2Chainz and Raekwon tracks btw.

Logic sells out venues across the country and would have done 100k first week if he wasn't undershipped. Dude is popular as fuck.

Joey Badass is basically a half step above being a regional act. YG did 61k first week despite big hits and being from California...Badass will be lucky to do half that IMO.

Badass has been touring all of North America and had a European tour setup too but had to cancel it.

I guess we'll see though. If his album is actually dope.. I just might make that purchase.

Lol, Iggy got the Air Canada Centre and has Nick Jonas/Tinashe opening for her.

Badass has been touring all of North America and had a European tour setup too but had to cancel it.

I guess we'll see though. If his album is actually dope.. I just might make that purchase.

Lol, Iggy got the Air Canada Centre and has Nick Jonas/Tinashe opening for her.

Badass plays club venues though right? Logic fills up bigger spots around the country...

Remember when he dropped his second mixtape and it didn't make an impact at all...dude is not that popular.

HiResDes

Oxymoron is a light 6/10. That's the exact rating I gave it when it first came out too so sometimes first impressions are on point.

HiResDes

I don't think it was that bad actually I'd rate them quite similarly. One is more middling while the other is just super uneven.

Badass plays club venues though right? Logic fills up bigger spots around the country...

Remember when he dropped his second mixtape and it didn't make an impact at all...dude is not that popular.

Can't speak for the whole of the US, but Logic is playing the same venue here that Joey and Ab-Soul did.

Esch

Banned
Thsee Days is one of the flat out worst rap albums I've ever heard in my life. Ive listened to Silkk Da Shocker albums that were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom