• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

I already posted enzo's write up since no one is going to watch the video anyway. It was pretty fucking boring anyhow and I'm tired of hearing his justifications for being in the game. Just fucking own up, you're white and you rap. We got it dude.

ftKpDDB.gif

low key I've enjoyed a lot of the tracks he's released from this album. Only one that was a big miss was Big Dusty; love the beat but weak song. Christ Conscious is my shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I already posted enzo's write up since no one is going to watch the video anyway. It was pretty fucking boring anyhow and I'm tired of hearing his justifications for being in the game. Just fucking own up, you're white and you rap. We got it dude.
See, I would say this too but it's kind of a lose-lose for you if you're white in this scenario. I kind of give Macklemore the pass because he's been the activist type for a long ass time and an indie artist for just as long. Don't talk about it, you're racist. Talk about it, stfu white boy.

studyguy

See, I would say this too but it's kind of a lose-lose for you if you're white in this scenario. I kind of give Macklemore the pass because he's been the activist type for a long ass time and an indie artist for just as long. Don't talk about it, you're racist. Talk about it, stfu white boy.

At this point he's just preaching to the fucking choir though, dudes who weren't hearing him before prob aren't gonna be swayed by some interview. I do agree that he's basically between a rock and a hard place with this race shit, but when all you know the dude for is apologizing for being white in the past year then I don't know what I can say about that.

That thread is something ugly tho.

that and Rocky's Multiply were good singles from upcoming albums that give me some hope

Forgot ASAP fucked up so bad that Rocky had to swoop in and save the day.
Yeah it was a good single.

cdyhybrid

At this point he's just preaching to the fucking choir though, dudes who weren't hearing him before prob aren't gonna be swayed by some interview. I do agree that he's basically between a rock and a hard place with this race shit, but when all you know the dude for is apologizing for being white in the past year then I don't know what I can say about that.

That thread is something ugly tho.

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but he was asked about it during an interview. What's he supposed to do?

studyguy

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but he was asked about it during an interview. What's he supposed to do?

Nah you're right, it's just all you hear about that dude now is stacking apologies. Just tired I guess.

Anyway, rolling through a big playlist on google play and bobby bitch came on. smh what a fucking dumb way to go out at the end of the year.

overcast

honestly I kinda agree with toku a little bit. Not trying to talk about Rae Sremmurd or Young Thug for 2 hours
JgZs64Q.png

I thought about reviving it with more classic material as matter for discussion but I can't be arsed right now. Plus I don't know who'd be on it.
You going dusty on us Eschaton?

Esch

Banned
You going dusty on us Eschaton?

i been stanning a french montana and herb tape innit
dUlMFSY.png

I just dont really have any giveafucks left for most disposable no effort trap shit with no goals anymore. I kinda realized that its the 2014 equivalent of being really into Ying Yang Twins, Chamillionaire, or Lil Bow wow.

Esch

Banned
Like if you really fuck with Rae Sremm, that's basically the modern equivalent of being into Soulja Boy pretty much. As PD described it, "effortless wackness being celebrated everywhere". Except Soulja Boy probably had more talent. He did kinda build a career out of his moms basement and fruity loops.

Brch14R.png

Courage

Except Soulja Boy probably had more talent. He did kinda build a career out of his moms basement and fruity loops.

Brch14R.png

Production goes a long way, especially in this type of rap. If Soulja Boy had Mike Will Made It production and some more charisma, I'd probably like him more than I do now.

Plus he never had No Flex Zone tier hooks. Crank Dat was annoying AF.

Like if you really fuck with Rae Sremm,

Their music belongs in a museum. And by that I mean when I watch/listen to their singles on youtube, it's not because I enjoy it, but because I'm trying to figure out how or what the fuck I'm listening to and how it has 40 million views or whatever

Esch

Banned
Production goes a long way, especially in this type of rap music. If Soulja Boy had Mike Will Made It production and some more charisma, I'd probably like him more than I do now.

Plus he never had No Flex Zone tier hooks. Crank Dat was annoying AF.

Soulja Boy's hooks, production and delivery were so catchy and infectious it got him #1s and platinum albums.

Soulja Boy > Rae Sremmurd
dPrJaGc.png
those fuccboys will never reach the relative cultural permanence of soulja boy da gawd

HiResDes

I think you listened to like one Rae S track and then made your decision and you talk shit about people giving first impressions as reviews, well at least they actually listen to shit at least once over. I know you're probably busy with real life and making money and all that grown up shit, but there's plenty of shit to talk about. Run the Jewels 2 is supremely poignant right now amidst our post Ferguson era. Countless underground and classic rap legends released albums with more effort than they've exerted in decades, even if I wasn't feeling some of them. The billboards have always been shit. Conscious and socially critical rap has never sold all that great without a gimmick behind it. Rap is doing just fine in all facets outside of the radio.

Esch

Banned
I think you listened to like one Rae S track and then made your decision and you talk shit about people giving first impressions as reviews, well at least they actually listen to shit at least once over. I know you're probably busy with real life and making money and all that grown up shit, but there's plenty of shit to talk about. Run the Jewels 2 is supremely poignant right now amidst our post Ferguson era. Countless underground and classic rap legends released albums with more effort than they've exerted in decades, even if I wasn't feeling some of them. The billboards have always been shit. Conscious and socially critical rap has never sold all that great without a gimmick behind it. Rap is doing just fine in all facets outside of the radio.

iZcTuAo2yjZsj.gif

you are not letting me troll you like this, come on man

i even wrote big fap paragraphs about rtj2, fazoland, shabazz palaces, pinata, so it goes and others breh ;_;

IrishNinja

des been takin the subliminals with the "first impressions, but.." shots this last page, haha

to be fair, you're older than dirt my friend

your avatar is a DC dude from the 90's drawn by Mcrea, an artist who looks like his style might've worked in the silver age

fall back beloved

yo this hiresdes post
dPrJaGc.png

90% of Esch posts are trolls, come on fam

your avatar is a DC dude from the 90's drawn by Mcrea, an artist who looks like his style might've worked in the silver age

fall back beloved

between Wu, Hiryu, and Shenmue, aint none of ya boys made out of the 90s breh
dPrJaGc.png

HiResDes

That's just a safeguard to avoid an argument you really can't support. When the majority of your posts are "trolls" the "real opinion" becomes the true facade.

My mom is watching Nellyville in the living room and I saw his daughter. How old was he when he had her, because when I saw her I assumed that was his girlfriend or his sister?

Esch

Banned
That's just a safeguard to avoid an argument you really can't support. When the majority of your posts are "trolls" the "real opinion" becomes the true facade.

Well when our arguments ultimately boil down to "I like this" and "I don't" does it really matter?

It's not that serious, chill out lol. Unless you really want me to listen to SremmLife, I think we both know that'd be a bit of a waste
dPrJaGc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom