• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Thsee Days is one of the flat out worst rap albums I've ever heard in my life. Ive listened to Silkk Da Shocker albums that were better.
That's kind of ridiculous for something so inoffensive. I mean it's not as bad as Muscle Car Chronicles even.

Cheddahz

Banned
I usually hate seeing TimeHop moments on whatever, but I kinda forgot this happened last year to someone I follow

B6ICi8MIIAAjL2i.png:large

Esch

Banned
That's kind of ridiculous for something so inoffensive. I mean it's not as bad as Muscle Car Chronicles even.
Not so sure about that. The way ab soul delivers every one of his punchlines like he's in the process of dropping Public Service Announcement pt. 2 is sorta unbearable. He just vastly overestimates himself, his punchlines, his intelligence. The only thing I dislike more than a rapper with no direction is a rapper who thinks he's dropping jewels on you non stop(Kanye, Lupe, Canibus).

Not so sure about that. The way ab soul delivers every one of his punchlines like he's in the process of dropping Public Service Announcement pt. 2 is sorta unbearable. He just vastly overestimates himself, his punchlines, his intelligence. The only thing I dislike more than a rapper with no direction is a rapper who thinks he's dropping jewels on you non stop(Kanye, Lupe, Canibus).

I like how Jay will chuckle after a clever line or simile/metaphor/etc, or sometimes pull the "get it?" thing. Others rappers do it too, and it's the best way to handle that shit. I agree 100% on Ab, his shit is annoying. I understand putting a verbal punctuation on your best punchlines but he takes it too far.

I can't just imagine him smoking a bowl saying "get it, our...hour...hour glass...our glass. SEE? #staywoke my niggas."

j-wood

Has anyone checked out the new Lupe singles? Madonna and Deliver I think?

Thoughts? Really hoping he returns to the greatness he had on The Cool which is one of my favorite albums of all time. His track record isn't great though...

Esch

Banned
I kinda agree with count lol. I think there are a decent amount of people checking for Joey even if he's boring

injurai

Banned
where do ya'll listen to most of your music? At home, commuting, at work, ?

At home at the end of the day. Listening at work distracts me, I like to overhear office conversations so I can join in. Don't like to listen while out and about because I enjoy just thinking to myself and the change to be sociable. Some people use their music to block out the world, I've been there once. It's not rewarding. In terms of community I usually listen to NPR but sometimes radio stuff. It's usually just to see what the rest of my generation listens to since I keep my own set of books when it comes to music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pro Era has like 10k members, can easily see him doing 50k.

I also agree with Esch about These Days. It is inexplicably awful, and at least Silkk had his moments from time to time

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I remember the days when I thought Ab Soul was going to be the second best guy in Black Hippy. Oh, the foolishness of youth.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Soul just doesn't have those people around him to tell him his shit is whack. All free spirits and shit, and considering they didn't do any promo for These Days either, it's not really a risky thing for TDE.

IrishNinja

this was legit nice

I want to see the interview where Macklemeore comes out like "fuck the bullshit. Im white and im running this shit right now. Check the scoreboard." Just go super-cac instead of apologies and pandering. Thats not hip hop.

shit yes, just complete heel turn on some hardbody shit like
@AzelliaBanks bout to appropriate this dick in ya mouth grrl

man this has like < 10% chance of even being decent but i clearly have a fetish for this amount of dust

It's not horrible, it's just like the Destiny of rap albums. As you're listening you get that feeling like damn, I should be listening to something else.

my experience thus far with everything post FNL of the cole discography

Thoughts? Really hoping he returns to the greatness he had on The Cool

careful what you wish for, friend; my man recons took this quantum leap and clearly something went wrong with our current timeline, because the paradox he created broke lupe

I kinda agree with count lol. I think there are a decent amount of people checking for Joey even if he's boring

related: did you know there were at least 6 Syphon Filter games in the wild? #staywoke

largely work when i can, a lot at home too but i need to use these headphones more often now that i got a little music corner set up

The best thing that'll come out of a Joey Badass album release
frU10tR.png

haha, this so hard - now i'm actually excited to see how shit does

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

At work and while driving. To be honest, I think that has really added to the fact I consider most modern music so disposable. Back in the day, it would be an event for me to listen to a new album. An entire experience of sitting down and really making time to listen to an entire album.

Now, my listening experiences are so distracted, I really don't put much thought or emotion in the music that I am listening too. It all is just background music for the most part.

Has anyone checked out the new Lupe singles? Madonna and Deliver I think?

Thoughts? Really hoping he returns to the greatness he had on The Cool which is one of my favorite albums of all time. His track record isn't great though...
I think he's been having some of the best singles lately, I don't know if Haile Selassie is also on the album, but I love that song too.

At work and while driving. To be honest, I think that has really added to the fact I consider most modern music so disposable. Back in the day, it would be an event for me to listen to a new album. An entire experience of sitting down and really making time to listen to an entire album.

Now, my listening experiences are so distracted, I really don't put much thought or emotion in the music that I am listening too. It all is just background music for the most part.

Happy I'm not at this level yet

Lotta hyperbole on the last page
That being said,
These Days was trash, and that's coming from someone who really enjoyed Control System.
Oxymoron was a good album. Not amazing, but good. HnC was better but that doesn't automatically make Oxymoron trash lol

I think Soul just doesn't have those people around him to tell him his shit is whack. All free spirits and shit, and considering they didn't do any promo for These Days either, it's not really a risky thing for TDE.

that or he just doesn't care
although i feel it's more people just being like "don't mind him, that's just Soul, he's crazy"

PlayDat

Moved into an apartment last semester so I had to prepare most of my meals for myself. Listened to a lot of music while cooking, eating, and washing dishes. Aside from that I'd listen to music at the gym.

Now, and during most breaks I'll listen to music and catch up on podcasts while playing games. Stuff with little to no story. Put well over 100 hours each into Borderlands (1 and 2), XCom and TF2 as a result.

Listening to these GAF-Hop podcasts and it's pretty entertaining. Why did y'all stop?

I'm not sure why, but it sounds like there's enough interest in doing another one since it's come up a few times this year. No one's stepped up to organize the thing though. I'd listen, but I don't think I'm anywhere near active enough to be the one spearheading it.

Esch

Banned
Listening to these GAF-Hop podcasts and it's pretty entertaining. Why did y'all stop?
Just lost interest. They were hard to set up, you already know what happened to Blackace and honestly I kinda agree with toku a little bit. Not trying to talk about Rae Sremmurd or Young Thug for 2 hours
JgZs64Q.png

I thought about reviving it with more classic material as matter for discussion but I can't be arsed right now. Plus I don't know who'd be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom