• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
deli's list got me considering L of the Year to hip-hop's Ferguson Response instead of Azealia Banks too

Nah, I mean I wasn't really expecting too many artists to go right into the booth right after it's happened. We've steadily gotten some responses from the Ferguson issue with music and outside of the music since it happened. I do expect to hear some commentary about it in some upcoming albums. Kanye's and Kendrick's at least.
Personally feel the outro to the Untitled track Kendrick played on Colbert stemmed from the current issues.

There have been a lot of artists protesting too, not just for the Ferguson case but Eric Garner as well.

We got:

J. Cole's Be Free
The Game ft Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled - Don't Shoot
Jay Z meeting with the governor to speak of police brutality
Nas/Q-Tip/Mackelmore/Cole/Russell Simmons/Talib protesting in the streets
Killer Mike on CNN
Tweets from various artists talking about it

Just because it's subtle, doesn't mean it's not happening. So I wouldn't really count that as an L.

Unless you're giving it to Young Thug for his opinion on the matter.
ic3d out breh

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just need to figure out whether to give Producer of the Year to Mustard or Mike WiLL.

deli's list got me considering L of the Year to hip-hop's Ferguson Response instead of Azealia Banks too

What about Metro Boomin? Put in a lot of work in 2014.

Personally I'd have to give it to the whole Team Sesh crew.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah, I mean I wasn't really expecting too many artists to go right into the booth right after it's happened. We've steadily gotten some responses from the Ferguson issue with music and outside of the music since it happened. I do expect to hear some commentary about it in some upcoming albums. Kanye's and Kendrick's at least.
Personally feel the outro to the Untitled track Kendrick played on Colbert stemmed from the current issues.

There have been a lot of artists protesting too, not just for the Ferguson case but Eric Garner as well.

We got:

J. Cole's Be Free
The Game ft Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled - Don't Shoot
Jay Z meeting with the governor to speak of police brutality
Nas/Q-Tip/Mackelmore/Cole/Russell Simmons/Talib protesting in the streets
Tweets from various artists talking about it

Just because it's subtle, doesn't mean it's not happening. So I wouldn't really count that as an L.

Unless you're giving it to Young Thug for his opinion on the matter.
ic3d out breh
Oh that's right. Forgot about that Game song too, which is really good.

What about Metro Boomin? Put in a lot of work in 2014.

Personally I'd have to give it to the whole Team Sesh crew.
I'm unfamiliar with most of his work outside of a few Thug and Future songs, TBH. What has he done this year that's notable?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, is Bronson's career just never actually taking off? I see a lot of people loved Easy Rider in the end of the year thread, but there is no release date for his album and it's like, 3 months old? Is he managed by Baby?

Courage

So, is Bronson's career just never actually taking off? I see a lot of people loved Easy Rider in the end of the year thread, but there is no release date for his album and it's like, 3 months old? Is he managed by Baby?

He keeps saying it'll be out "very soon" and recently announced the tracklist. Hopefully by the end of this month/early next month?

injurai

Banned

Picture%203_square_fullsize.png

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
https://twitter.com/macklemore/status/550592268412149760

Macklemore
‏@macklemore
RT @loucereal: Its 2015 and I still don't have a new @macklemore album wtf <- you will this year. Believe that

Buckle your seatbelt WanderingWind.

Can't wait until that "Sorry I robbed you" text in early 2016.
this makes me cringe more than it should tbh.

http://r.fod4.com/s=w1000,pd1/o=85/http://a.fod4.com/images/user_photos/1191254/Picture%203_square_fullsize.png[/G][/QUOTE]

you why is this jpeg so goddamn big. goddamn eye sore. its like 2x2 pixels.

CoolOff

Brehs I need that gif of the black guy in a chair shaking his head while smiling, can't find it for the life of me. He has a bandana I think?

Watch it be someone I really oughta know.

lol at the thought of drizzy losing to mack

Depends on what Macklemore sings about. If Macklemore makes a song about Civil Rights he'll break the internet. It'll be new territory in hiphop, and people will praise him as the first artist to tackle the issue AND he's white. Then they'll look at drake rapping/crying/cooing about the same girl from 2003 and easily give Macklemore that Grammy.

Macklemore da gawd!

Macklemores not getting another rap aoty grammy. They wont make that mistake twice

The same 50-65yo white people who gave him the award will do it again. Let's be real. Kendrick was never going to win - if Macklemore wasn't nominated Jay would have won, you can bet on it. They don't give a fuck, the award goes to whoever the committee is familiar with.

The same 50-65yo white people who gave him the award will do it again. Let's be real. Kendrick was never going to win - if Macklemore wasn't nominated Jay would have won, you can bet on it. They don't give a fuck, the award goes to whoever the committee is familiar with.

"I've heard of the magna carta."

Yep. The whole time I thought it was a group of experts discussing the music together on some round table shit.

little did I know it's a bunch of downtown abbey ass niggas deciding who's gonna get grammy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom