• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10864996_902488216451432_1842404111_n.jpg

who this thick mamasita?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The same 50-65yo white people who gave him the award will do it again. Let's be real. Kendrick was never going to win - if Macklemore wasn't nominated Jay would have won, you can bet on it. They don't give a fuck, the award goes to whoever the committee is familiar with.
Not only that, but they probably give so few fucks that they're probably unaware there was even a controversy over the shit.

"I've heard of the magna carta."
dead

overcast

Why are you gus tripping that someone doesn't know who Sza is? Lmao. Not like she's some super well known world famous artist. She's fine as hell though.

I don't think Kendrick cares about Grammy's as much as some of you think. I think he did when it happened, but he learned.

do rap albums ever win album of the year at the grammys?

edit: only outkast did for speakerboxxx/love below. and it was clearly because of the love below.

HiResDes

Why are you gus tripping that someone doesn't know who Sza is? Lmao. Not like she's some super well known world famous artist. She's fine as hell though.

I don't think Kendrick cares about Grammy's as much as some of you think. I think he did when it happened, but he learned.

Ain't nobody trippin, but it's the context that makes it funny. It ain't hard to see

studyguy

Yall still tripping off the Grammys? An awards show that historically doesn't even televise hip hop nominations/awards?

I suppose if I was going to get an award from a bunch of people who clearly don't give a fuck about me I'd wanna keep it on the down low too tho...

Also I don't know how to feel about Only One. Hoping it's a throwaway track he made for his kid or whatever and we leave it at that. Everyone gets one of those, but only one.

That pun was bad smh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only One is okay. I think it's okay for artists to make these sort of songs if they come from a genuine place.

That said, I hope it's not representative of the album, and furthermore understand if anyone hates it.

Only One is okay. I think it's okay for artists to make these sort of songs if they come from a genuine place.

That said, I hope it's not representative of the album, and furthermore understand if anyone hates it.

If the entire album is like that I'm gonna be so disappointed I might actually cry

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think it'll sound better in the context of an album. Imagine hey mama as the initial single for LR. I mean it's emotional and pretty but it's bland on its own. In the right context it's pretty great which is why it worked after her death. I think that's also why runaway while terrible worked for so many people after the whole Taylor-gate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it'll sound better in the context of an album. Imagine hey mama as the initial single for LR. I mean it's emotional and pretty but it's bland on its own. In the right context it's pretty great which is why it worked after her death. I think that's also why runaway while terrible worked for so many people after the whole Taylor-gate.
I guess it's akin to Kanye shopping around College Dropout with Hey Mama.

But for me, I'm expecting this is more like debuting Cruel Summer with The One. Still too many conflicting reports but if this is indeed a track off the album, I guess we might see some of S1's "feel good," "summertime-y" joints make the album too?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Except the song is bad because of the reuse of autotuned singing. He can't sing and no amount of autotuning can change that. Hey Mama was a great, emotional track. As I said, and others have said, every rapper tries their hand at singing eventually, but that doesn't make it good. I give a fuck about the lyrics when it sounds like it's being song by a Speak N Spell. If it's a one-off, great. It'll go right up there with the other rappers making songs about their kids track that nobody fucks with it and can just be deleted off the album playlist.

But acting like this is a good song is some next level of stannery I can't even fathom. It's alright to admit your heroes make mistakes, guys.

Except the song is bad because of the reuse of autotuned singing. He can't sing and no amount of autotuning can change that. Hey Mama was a great, emotional track. As I said, and others have said, every rapper tries their hand at singing eventually, but that doesn't make it good. I give a fuck about the lyrics when it sounds like it's being song by a Speak N Spell. If it's a one-off, great. It'll go right up there with the other rappers making songs about their kids track that nobody fucks with it and can just be deleted off the album playlist.

But acting like this is a good song is some next level of stannery I can't even fathom. It's alright to admit your heroes make mistakes, guys.
tumblr_m6ipieux7w1rziwwco1_250.gif

It's okay man, some people don't care about autotune the way you do.

Courage

VgXeRLN.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
trying to finish up my AOTY list by the end of this weekend and get it posted.

how many times can I put CoCo on SOTY... apparently not enough.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Despite the butt shots and stuff like that, if they're highlighting proper athletes on their site now that's pretty cool. Instead of it being some no name (forgettable) booty dancer/Instagram model.

DominoKid

Despite the butt shots and stuff like that, if they're highlighting proper athletes on their site now that's pretty cool. Instead of it being some no name (forgettable) booty dancer/Instagram model.

That Brittany Renner vid was quality. She a IG chick but shes also decent at soccer. I'd probably turn to goo if I ever met a chick like her

studyguy

What are the qualifications for an IG chick anyway?
Like how do you even come up in the ranks? There has to be a million of them on IG just trying to grab whatever fucked up weave or fake ass/tits to get to the top of the thot pile and jump on some famous dude's dick.

What are the qualifications for an IG chick anyway?
Like how do you even come up in the ranks? There has to be a million of them on IG just trying to grab whatever fucked up weave or fake ass/tits to get to the top of the thot pile and jump on some famous dude's dick.

being thique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom