• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

I really hate the world sometimes brehs. I'm having some drinks and watching streams on my Ps4, the amount of racist shit is revolting. Had a group of about 20 teenagers mocking the ferguson trial and repeatedly yelling "death to n*****s!"

Makes you lose hope in people :(. So, here's to wishing all of you the best and nothing but positivity in the new year. Please treat everyone with love and respect! Pass it on.

Tokubetsu

I really hate the world sometimes brehs. I'm having some drinks and watching streams on my Ps4, the amount of racist shit is revolting. Had a group of about 20 teenagers mocking the ferguson trial and repeatedly yelling "death to n*****s!"

Makes you lose hope in people :(. So, here's to wishing all of you the best and nothing but positivity in the new year. Please treat everyone with love and respect! Pass it on.

the world is garbage but that doesn't mean you have to be

Vorheez

Yes I know. But I want to change the world for the better. I want to make a difference. It's very hard to believe I can do that though when I see shit like that because it makes you question whether or not we can truly change

Tokubetsu

All change starts with you. This is all you can really hope to do. As long as you can successfully affect a very real change in your daily lufe & interactions...that's all that really matters. Anything else is extra.

In 2015 stop trying to be the idealized version of some stranger. Just be a better you. Be a more compassionate, sympathetic you. Be a more patient and understanding you. Be a loving you.

Vorheez

Thanks Toku. I appreciate the kind words. I'm naturally a very loving and caring person as it is with a huge heart, but I have a terrible habit of getting "defensive" and cutting off relationships with people who I feel threatened by or who hurt me. It's because of how I grew up and has everything to do with why I want to change the world. I'm going to school to learn how to help people and become an advocate for mental health.

But youre right, come the new year I'll take the steps necessary to be more forgiving and less defensive.

Tokubetsu

Thanks Toku. I appreciate the kind words. I'm naturally a very loving and caring person as it is with a huge heart, but I have a terrible habit of getting "defensive" and cutting off relationships with people who I feel threatened by or who hurt me. It's because of how I grew up and has everything to do with why I want to change the world. I'm going to school to learn how to help people and become an advocate for mental health.

But youre right, come the new year I'll take the steps necessary to be more forgiving and less defensive.

I'm the same way man, I burn bridges VERY easily. But as long as you see and recognize it, you're one step on that path. That said I think It's okay to let go and burn. People come into your life for seasons, you learn shit and often have to let them go. You shouldn't feel bad for moving forward without out people as long as you feel like you're making progress. Not everyone you grow with will be with you at the end of the road. This is okay. It's still your life but as long as you aren't purposely putting down and destroying lives or parts of lives I think you're probably doing alright.

(and sometimes leave you! and that's fine too!)

Vorheez

Don't fuck up the great start to 2015 ninja, you messin with the vibes breh

You definitely know where I'm coming from though Toku. My biggest thing is that i feel like I'm giving up on the people that I burn bridges with. I feel like I could have maybe worked through it with them and helped them with the things I took issue with if I just had the patience, which makes me feel guilty afterwards. So it's a more of a "who's worth it" type of thing. That's the big question I suppose, haha.

Tokubetsu

Don't fuck up the great start to 2015 ninja, you messin with the vibes breh

You definitely know where I'm coming from though Toku. My biggest thing is that i feel like I'm giving up on the people that I burn bridges with. I feel like I could have maybe worked through it with them and helped them with the things I took issue with if I just had the patience, which makes me feel guilty afterwards. So it's a more of a "who's worth it" type of thing. That's the big question I suppose, haha

Part of me wants to say, it's whoever asks that same question of you? But some people are just users and abusers and you need to recognize them. You shouldn't itemize favors etc but if someone is never there when you need them, but you're always available for them you need to re-evaluate that relationship.

Cudder

new kanye sucks. he really needs to throw his autotune pro tools plug-in in the trash bin and empty that shit asap.

All change starts with you. This is all you can really hope to do. As long as you can successfully affect a very real change in your daily lufe & interactions...that's all that really matters. Anything else is extra.

In 2015 stop trying to be the idealized version of some stranger. Just be a better you. Be a more compassionate, sympathetic you. Be a more patient and understanding you. Be a loving you.

<3

HiResDes

My overall AOTY picks are going to be so fucking bleak and melancholic even more so than usual. So many great sad albums released this year.

Kendrick Lamar Has Seen Ghosts and UFOs

Badu'd, going full Lupe

Kanye should have kept that song in the vaults

Old interview but it gifted us

FbZ0AoA.png

Nibel

garbage opinions

Yo I wrote in the Kanye thread that I actually like the song, but it kinda feels 'old' style-wise, so that's why I came up with the theory that it might be a leftover song with some newer tweaks.

I can also see a 808s sequel happening.

Yo I wrote in the Kanye thread that I actually like the song, but it kinda feels 'old' style-wise, so that's why I came up with the theory that it might be a leftover song with some newer tweaks.

I can also see a 808s sequel happening.

808's & Happiness

Courage

Lol, he's not making a 808s sequel. This is probably just a throwaway track. He's worked with Paul McCartney for 1 or 2 more songs.

PlayDat

Thinking about the song list...should Thuggin count as a 2014 song? It came out in 2012 but Piñata was released in 2014...I'll let the council decide. If it doesn't count I'll just put Uno on the list in its place.

can someone tell me if Taylor Swift legit listens to Kendrick Lamar or she just trying be "down" with the hiphop culture?

she mentions like nearly every interview

CRS

Thinking about the song list...should Thuggin count as a 2014 song? It came out in 2012 but Piñata was released in 2014...I'll let the council decide. If it doesn't count I'll just put Uno on the list in its place.
It's on a 2014 album so i think it's fair game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just need to figure out whether to give Producer of the Year to Mustard or Mike WiLL.

deli's list got me considering L of the Year to hip-hop's Ferguson Response instead of Azealia Banks too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom