• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue this is not just a classic music interview, but one of the best interviews of any medium. Surely any psychology class or medical school worth its tuition would include it as a case study of delusional disorder and pathological lying.
I like it because it's one of the most obvious examples of a guy completely stumbling over his own rhetoric. Don't talk to me about Jay, he's a multimillionaire and I'm a guy who's trying to get multi millions, but at the same time I'm too street. I'm in the club Monday thru Sunday: Wednesday is Whatever Day and Saturday you'll find me getting high in the hood. Oh, and by the way, I can rap...but I'm not a rapper, I'm a gangster and this is about more than music, except for that beef shit everyone else puts on wax.

Plus it's so funny how the dude behind the camera is clearly goading him on with each question.

"Any more rumors?"

"Uhh, ok just let me go down the list."

Nibel

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=31959

Logic is who we thought he was. Not trynna lose that white fanbase (and enzo).

Right when I made a long post about not giving Hip Hops response to Ferguson L of the year smh

q4pzcN3.png

I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish that first song on the Mac & Cheese 4 Appetizer mixtape were longer.
Goddamn the beat is so smooth and French actually does his thing

I usually only listen to random French tracks when they're bangers but this mixtape is great. The beats are what really make it though. And the opener is definitely the best one.

IrishNinja

I....don't have a problem with Logic's comments.

he literally goes from apathetic teen to i'd be the best at activism & here's some namedroppings, like with its cool and whatever but we don't know everything, shoutout to gambino for saying twitter's dumb, and also killer mike for things. also i'd be about it but you know, i do everything one hundred and it'd get me killed cause im 2real

the only funny bit is the inevitable banks tweet asking him for reparations

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=31959

Logic is who we thought he was. Not trynna lose that white fanbase (and enzo).

Right when I made a long post about not giving Hip Hops response to Ferguson L of the year smh
it was a bad excuse for why he didn't release a track or spoke on it, but what we know from logic and the way he is, ultimately what he said isn't wrong or fake.

why doesn't every other rapper get shit on for not releasing a track?

IrishNinja

it was a bad excuse for why he didn't release a track or spoke on it, but what we know from logic and the way he is, ultimately what he said isn't wrong or fake.

why doesn't every other rapper get shit on for not releasing a track?

plenty do, but most aren't waiting for drake & k-dot to say something just to blend those two answers together & cheat on the test

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I....don't have a problem with Logic's comments.
I think people are upset he didn't talk about it out of obligation.

Otherwise, he's 100% on point about bullshit online activism and not wanting to half-ass it. I don't see what's wrong with this:

“I said, ‘I think for me to get on Twitter and fucking rant about something that I don’t fully understand, comprehend and have all the facts on is disrespectful to not only the people that have unfortunately passed away, but it is disrespectful to the cause," Logic continues. "To the people that actually do — not saying that I don’t care — but that have the time to make that their everything. To go out their and march and fight.’ So for me and my home in L.A. working on my album to just [pull out my phone] and be like, ‘Yeah, Ferguson. That’s fucked up. Oh man, yeah for sure. Equality.’ [Laughs]. Nah, that’s bullshit. For me, I think that’s fucked up.”

this whole ferguson and police brutality shit is overplayed as shit, where's all the hoopla bout police officers getting killed?

logic, as a person who grew up around bullshit but was never apart of it, probably views it this way too, so he obviously doesn't feel too strong about the issue, like a ton of other people

to put that against him is pretty stupid

plenty do, but most aren't waiting for drake & k-dot to say something just to blend those two answers together & cheat on the test
are u tryin to say he bites their music and then extending that to him biting everything else?

I think people are upset he didn't talk about it out of obligation.

Otherwise, he's 100% on point about bullshit online activism and not wanting to half-ass it. I don't see what's wrong with this:
right, and u can see his like that through his music, its all or nothing

studyguy

On the whole it's a better response than being iced out and mumbling your way through an interview like an idiot. I do agree that not every celeb, actor, singer, athele has to stand up and represent a cause, but they'll inevitably catch attention anyhow for simply having a big enough soap box due to fandoms. I still think the whole I didn't sign up for that shit bit is still a bit of a cop out though, I don't blame him but given the culture that surrounds hiphop and the kind of shit that goes down these days. It warrants at least being a bit up on the current issue. Even if you're trying to be on the periphery of that shit, you can't exactly shut your eyes and cover your ears forever to the changes going on these days.

That being said, I didn't know this dude had such a strong asschin.

On the whole it's a better response than being iced out and mumbling your way through an interview like an idiot. I do agree that not every celeb, actor, singer, athele has to stand up and represent a cause, but they'll inevitably catch attention anyhow for simply having a big enough soap box due to fandoms. I still think the whole I didn't sign up for that shit bit is still a bit of a cop out though, I don't blame him but given the culture that surrounds hiphop and the kind of shit that goes down these days. It warrants at least being a bit up on the current issue. Even if you're trying to be on the periphery of that shit, you can't exactly shut your eyes and cover your ears forever to the changes going on these days.

That being said, I didn't know this dude had such a strong asschin.
haha yer that hhdx pic is really something

IrishNinja

logic, as a person who grew up around bullshit but was never apart of it, probably views it this way too, so he obviously doesn't feel too strong about the issue, like a ton of other people

to put that against him is pretty stupid

logic, as a person who is making money off hip hop - a sound rooted in black culture - is asked about a current topic heavily affecting said culture

there are better cop-out lines to give than hitching your wagon to gambino's apathy bullshit and saying "we don't have all the facts", plus some other bullshit

like, i don't demand/expect all my entertainers to have - much less share - views on the matter, but if you're gonna open that can of worms, try to actually say something

however

this whole ferguson and police brutality shit is overplayed as shit, where's all the hoopla bout police officers getting killed?

i do appreciate that you dug a little deep & found a much worse/dumber answer he could've provided

just stop here please.
one doesn't justify the other, but tell me ferguson case hasn't been overplayed

logic, as a person who is making money off hip hop - a sound rooted in black culture - is asked about a current topic heavily affecting said culture

there are better cop-out lines to give than hitching your wagon to gambino's apathy bullshit and saying "we don't have all the facts", plus some other bullshit

like, i don't demand/expect all my entertainers to have - much less share - views on the matter, but if you're gonna open that can of worms, try to actually say something

however

i do appreciate that you dug a little deep & found a much worse/dumber answer he could've provided
he's saying exactly he feels bout it, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it any less true.

Cheddahz

Banned

it hasn't been overplayed whatsoever. word is finally getting out about stuff like this and it's a good thing (not the fact that stuff like this is happening, but the fact that more and more people are becoming aware of the issue is good)

so you're saying that we shouldn't be discussing the case at all?
when did i say that?

it hasn't been overplayed whatsoever. word is finally getting out about stuff like this and it's a good thing (not the fact that stuff like this is happening, but the fact that more and more people are becoming aware of the issue is good)
yeah its good the issue is more known and all, but its a bit much when people start blaming rappers for not responding.

IrishNinja

major & actual reform hasn't yet happened so i'm telling you it's actually underplayed

he's saying exactly he feels bout it, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it any less true.

his feelings are both reductive and ignorant, and not immune to criticism - especially when he's half making light of activism by saying it doesn't count if it's not in the medium of his choice, and that he'd do it himself but he's afraid he'd die as king activist because such is the fuckboy's burden

After watching the VladTV interview, it seems like he really wants absolutely no parts of the whole 'Social Commentary' part of rap. He says that he's too worried about being assassinated for his opinions on these subjects so he only tries to sprinkle social issues like these here and there in his music then 'pull back'.

It's weird cause this dude has spent half his career trying to explain to people that he's half black but doesn't want to deal with that sides issues since they don't really concern him.

Kinda ticked me off when he referred to Donald though. Low-key trolling the people who are tweeting out #Pray4them or #DoSomething. I wouldn't have known half of the names of the people were killed by the police if it wasn't for twitter.

image.php

quit spoiling Iggy's next album for us breh

studyguy

Tbh I don't understand why Logic of all people is worried about getting into anything more than a fight on twitter. Assassinated? Shot? lmao by who?

major & actual reform hasn't yet happened so i'm telling you it's actually underplayed

his feelings are both reductive and ignorant, and not immune to criticism - especially when he's half making light of activism by saying it doesn't count if it's not in the medium of his choice, and that he'd do it himself but he's afraid he'd die as king activist because such is the fuckboy's burden
you really have something against him don't you?

You just have to be a real cynical asshole to even talk about whether the case is overplayed. What does that even mean? You don't think it was worth protesting over?
never said that, but people are going a bit crazy with the trigger, the ferguson case isn't even the most blatant case of police brutality.

never said that, but people are going a bit crazy with the trigger, the ferguson case isn't even the most blatant case of police brutality.

I'm asking you a question. I didn't say you said that. Maybe you have a case of poor choice of words but it came off incredibly stupid and you do still because of this too.

Tbh I don't understand why Logic of all people is worried about getting into anything more than a fight on twitter. Assassinated? Shot? lmao by who?

Logic really thinks he'll be a Pac/Cube/Public Enemy if he raps about some of the current social issues.

Whatevs, back to another album of "Y'all would take me more serious if I was darkskinned
Uus4Plt.png
"

Also, that new Meek is actually sounding dope.

Can he top D&M's intro tho

Agreed on twitter/tumblr activism. I really like how twitter is being used to report and record news. If not for twitter who knows how differently Ferguson or the Eric Garner cases would have looked. Hell, look at the Cosby situation and how twitter has done a great job of ethering him and his supporters effectively.

...but I've never really been into hashtag shit or activism as a means of effortless bragging.

I believe artists should speak about important issues, but at the same time I don't think they should force it if they don't have anything to say (see: Nelly). Not everyone is Killer Mike, who strikes me as a relatively smart guy outside of the conspiracy shit, and more importantly is articulate. Logic is probably too scared to admit he's never been profiled. That's cool, I'm not mad. Then you have guys like Wiki who is white (correct?), has experienced quite a bit of police fuckery as a young New Yorker, and hasn't shied away from discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom