• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm gonna wait until the album drops.

If it turns out like I think it will...
VzOdUTy.png

codhand

"At first I was going to make a hip-hop album, but then God spoke to me and told me to feature Iggy Azealia heavily throughout the record. It was a vision that still rings just as clear today, and I feel blessed for that and the positivity it has brought."
- Kendrick, 2015

nope-Cosmo-Kramer-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

overcast

"Yeah, lately I've been thinking Swiss cheese is actually the best to put on a sandwich"
-Kendrick Lamar (2015)

Gaf-Hop
"Wow BRUH. This dude is gone. He's done. Lupe again, I can't do this. I'm gonna go listen to Travis Scott/Rae Sremmurd/Bones/CVLT SHYT VOL. 1/Makonnen. He can keep this African Jangle Pop"

🌚

injurai

Banned
"Yeah, lately I've been thinking Swiss cheese is actually the best to put on a sandwich"
-Kendrick Lamar (2015)

Gaf-Hop
"Wow BRUH. This dude is gone. He's done. Lupe again, I can't do this. I'm gonna go listen to Travis Scott/Rae Sremmurd/Bones/CVLT SHYT VOL. 1/Makonnen. He can keep this African Jangle Pop"

🌚

image.php

-Kendrick Lamar (2015)

Gaf-Hop

🌚

tumblr_n25c5zYFrE1sjnivto1_500.png

effzee

LOL pretending K.Dot is approaching anywhere near Lupe level.

First of all Lupe already released 2 classics....

You guys are way too obsessed with Kendrick and every move is a false step because it seems like people want him to fail so bad. His album stood out to me at least because how against the grain he was with his own vision and content. I haven't heard anything outside of his first single that would suggest he is releasing a gospel album.

Few songs where he screams he is turning into Eminem. One positive single or talk of god and its going to be a gospel album?

His album is going to be what we all thought it would be. Good but won't be able to match up to his debut simply because of expecatations.

Tokubetsu

You guys are way too obsessed with Kendrick and every move is a false step because it seems like people want him to fail so bad. His album stood out to me at least because how against the grain he was with his own vision and content. I haven't heard anything outside of his first single that would suggest he is releasing a gospel album.

Few songs where he screams he is turning into Eminem. One positive single or talk of god and its going to be a gospel album?

His album is going to be what we all thought it would be. Good but won't be able to match up to his debut simply because of expecatations.

This post is gonna be hilarious in six to eight months from now

Courage

So how many red flags does one need before they start getting worried? His whole mindset leading up to this album has been lame. It's not isolated to this incident, or the screaming. It's the accumulation of minor Ls interspered throughout the last months.

Cheddahz

Banned
I feel like in a decade, Kendrick will be releasing the rap game's "The IRS Tapes: Who'll Buy My Memories?" for various reasons

the moment Kendrick walked into the sunset, brehs.

if that's a euphemism then perhaps

it's k though
at the end of the day i still have faith
my prediction
not as cohesive as GKMC
will have more radio-y singles (as opposed to Swimming Pools)
solid 8/10
bang bang

the real dagger would be an ab-soul feature that's actually a verse
then alarms would go off

kendrick's fate was sealed in OT9. he'll be wearing a dashiki at the grammys with some spoken-word jazz break sermon talkin bout how god and tupac told him to retire from music after saving new york with love and positivity on some toku shit forreal.

overcast

Why is this thread freaking out over kendrick?
The last "major" release we had was a J. Cole album my dude. It's tough to be positive, so we turn against kendrick. Cause he can take it. Cause he can be something more.

So on and so forth.

big ander

the new disappears record is incredible. not surprising after era. chicago is killing it.

Played it for the first time today in my car and involuntarily said "oh fuck" during the title track it was so stellar. I think it's maybe a slight step down from Era first time the band hasn't topped all their previous releases, but that's more a statement for how unstoppable they are. anybody in here who gave time to the Viet Cong record owes it to themselves to check out this (superior) album

Tokubetsu

I feel like in a decade, Kendrick will be releasing the rap game's "The IRS Tapes: Who'll Buy My Memories?" for various reasons

Ten years from now when dark lord baphomet rises and enslaves us all the only music we will care about is the screams of our neighbors and loved ones as he forces us to take turns removing bits of flesh from them for his meat pit

i hope there is no rap ten years from now

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ten years from now when dark lord baphomet rises and enslaves us all the only music we will care about is the screams of our neighbors and loved ones as he forces us to take turns removing bits of flesh from them for his meat pit

i hope there is no rap ten years from now
iEdNIjra4IxWo.gif

Why is this thread freaking out over kendrick?

It's okay guys, Kendrick hurt you and we understand that you're lashing out. We'll be here when you're ready to talk about it and heal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trolling aside, I have very low expectations for Kendrick's next album after the past year, so it shouldn't be hard for him to put out something satisfactory considering he is supposed to be this cultural force. Look forward to my glowing review full of surprise and awe!

Same goes for everyone in TDE, although my low expectations for Jay Rock are just because he's Jay Rock. Same for Szzzzzza. I expect Rashad to get better though.

Trolling aside, I have very low expectations for Kendrick's next album after the past year, so it shouldn't be hard for him to put out something satisfactory considering he is supposed to be this cultural force. Look forward to my glowing review full of surprise and awe!

Same goes for everyone in TDE, although my low expectations for Jay Rock are just because he's Jay Rock. Same for Szzzzzza. I expect Rashad to get better though.

His live performances on tv recently were really impressive but none of that is what I want to listen to in an album from him. I'm not really looking forward to his next one anymore sadly

Jay Rock is awesome, why would anyone have low expectations for him?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
His live performances on tv recently were really impressive but none of that is what I want to listen to in an album from him. I'm not really looking forward to his next one anymore sadly
I think the latest performance had a certain energy to it that I would want out of an album from him, but when you already hear something like that live, it's going to be hard to put that moment in a bottle.

Jay Rock is awesome, why would anyone have low expectations for him?
In extremely small doses, separated by many months at a time.

Trey

It's okay guys, Kendrick hurt you and we understand that you're lashing out. We'll be here when you're ready to talk about it and heal.

I was asking a legitimate question.

Did "i" really sour people that badly on him, or is there more to the story that has people ready to throw him into the bushes?

overcast

"I" sucked and he didn't put out a lot of "good" music in 2014. I agree with that sentiment. Now take that and add in the previous album + Internet. There you have it.

I have no reasln to doubt his next album personally. That's cause I think Kendrick has always said smart dumb shit like he says now. A lot of us are reading into that too much I think.

Edit: answering Trey's question.

I was asking a legitimate question.

Did "i" really sour people that badly on him, or is there more to the story that has people ready to throw him into the bushes?

i was bad, he hasn't given a decent feature in over a calendar year, he's had multiple corny holier than thou interviews over the past 8 - 10 months, he's playing at this weirdo appearance thing that is firmly in line with a tenth grader/recent OFWG member's concept of "challenging the mainstream", his flow sounds like he ran it through an angst filter, he thinks the quality of a live performance is determined by how much faux artsy shit is involved on stage...basically dude hit the self destruct button in 2014

Song on Colbert was dope tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom