• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juz

xWdPc3l.gif

IrishNinja

jesus christ, i wanted to talk about toku's ninja scroll gifs and clown lupe albums i likely wont even listen to but that martinez pic...phew

this is some quality stuff right here, damn...really digging this
and yeah that beat at the end makes you wanna hear more too

j5YI2KN.png

This is the legacy of Dipset, gentlemen.

as a Wu stan it only seems right that they bite the forgettable closing act too

J@hranimo

Banned
This new Lupe, definitely looking like his best album. Thank goodness it's lengthy, I've been hungry for heavy lyricism lately. Definitely setting the bar for 2015.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Cool, excited to check it out I guess. I've only heard Food and Liquor. I thought it was good, but not great - maybe just my personal tastes coming into play there. I think I was listening to something else at the time that just totally fell off for me... Kid Cudi maybe?

Anyways I can't remember who recommended Sir Michael Rocks. I'm hooked on Banco right now, and it's a real real fun album. It's not like the best shit ever, but it's real catchy and very entertaining.

Cheddahz

Banned
Anyways I can't remember who recommended Sir Michael Rocks. I'm hooked on Banco right now, and it's a real real fun album. It's not like the best shit ever, but it's real catchy and very entertaining.

My favorite album from last year to just play while driving (and whenever really)

HiResDes

Cool, excited to check it out I guess. I've only heard Food and Liquor. I thought it was good, but not great - maybe just my personal tastes coming into play there. I think I was listening to something else at the time that just totally fell off for me... Kid Cudi maybe?

Check out the rapups especially the upper recs for some other good stuff

Trey

The new Lupe is cool, its on the lengthy side.

Yeah, it's dope. Too long like you said, if you're in the mood for bars it's good shit.

This new Lupe, definitely looking like his best album. Thank goodness it's lengthy, I've been hungry for heavy lyricism lately. Definitely setting the bar for 2015.

not about to let yall do this to me.

Have CRS and WanderingWind weighed in on this yet?

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
he lost me at Dots & Lines and never really pulled me back in. good grief that track sucks.

GamerSoul

Well here's my short T&Y review song by song scores.

Mural (9/10) It's insanely lyrical, the wordplay is consistent and production is great. The intro is very pleasing to the years. Think SLR for 8 minutes.

Blur My Hands (9/10) A smart song that has hit potential if Atlantic wanted to promote it (doubt it), Guy Sebastian sounds great, probably the biggest surprise on the album.

Dots and Lines (10/10) Has the best chorus and great lyrics, A song you need to hear to get the meaning behind it.

Prisoner 1&2 (10/10) Best song on the album imo, the beat switch is amazing, the lyrics are on point and probably second best on the album.

Body of Work (10/10) Great hook, the beat bangs, lyrics on point again.

Little Death (9/10) Nikki sounds great, this sounds like The Cool Lupe.

No Scratches (10/10) Another great chorus, Lyrics on point, this is the best Lupe&Nikki track on the album.

Chopper (7/10) This is a weak point in the album. Too many features, some of the guests just don't belong lyrically to the rest of the album. The beat bangs but the song is too long.

Deliver (8/10) Very deep meaning, but a low point in comparison to the rest of the album, Song is great and fits with the theme and still consistent.

Madonna (9/10) Very nice chorus and great beat which gives me MBDTF vibes, The 3rd verse goes in.

Adoration of the Magi (10/10) Sounds amazing, 3rd best song on the album, best of the singles by far.

They.Ressurect.Over.New (10/10) Beat bangs, lyrics on point. Ab drops a great verse, Troi is great as well.

Overall Score 9.25/10

This album is on the same wavelength as Food and Liquor and The Cool, it however does not sound like those albums, in fact it sounds better. I will go far as to say it is Lupe's most cohesive album, the songs for the most part sound different, yet they match with each other. It definitely has an argument for being his best album. Overall the album has a spot next to MBDTF and GKMC as a GOAT album for this decade and it's crazy to think over half of hat was supposed to be on it was scrapped. I believe Atlantic had no influence at all on this album, this was Lu through and through.

:0 waat, don't get me hyped for no reason. hah, I'm kidding but I've always been "understanding" of Lupe's track/beat decisions but to hear that it's more along the lines of his first two albums is a big plus.

DominoKid

This album is on the same wavelength as Food and Liquor and The Cool, it however does not sound like those albums, in fact it sounds better. I will go far as to say it is Lupe's most cohesive album, the songs for the most part sound different, yet they match with each other. It definitely has an argument for being his best album. Overall the album has a spot next to MBDTF and GKMC as a GOAT album for this decade and it's crazy to think over half of hat was supposed to be on it was scrapped. I believe Atlantic had no influence at all on this album, this was Lu through and through.

im gonna need esch to cosign this album before i listen to it.

Upinsmoke

I'll be surprised if lupe's new album is up with food and liquor and the cool but I'll definitely give it a listen.

When is kendrick dropping his album?

About half way thru the Lupe and while no one cares about my opinion I'm just gunna say that its definitely nice. Lupe is back in old form here.

HiResDes

Listening to Lupe's album and mural uses the same sample from Jeezy's song Beautiful.
Actually that beat has been used at least five times. Lupe goes in on it, but it's more than tired and played out now. I intended to give the Lupe a critical listen, but it became background noise and will require a few more play throughs, on the other hand the new Young L is certified piff. Like it's fucking amazing, I'm talking Mac and Cheese 3 levels of emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom