• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
N72noCu.png

holeup.png
holeup.png

holeup.png
holeup.png

GamerSoul

I know it's not saying much.. but this is by far his best album since The Cool

I'm not a regular here but I didnt even know Lupe had another album coming out until today becuase of some random spam mail from Amazon and I considered myself a Lupe fan. >.> I've been out of the loop for awhile.

IrishNinja

Dipset really trying to get that buzz. They just dropped a Jay Z diss track
https://soundcloud.com/djfunkflexapp/ifwt-exclusive-the-diplomats-victory-freestyle-dipset2015

case in point: ride a biggie track to beef with jay in 2015. it's kinda corny.

and I considered myself a Lupe fan. >.> I've been out of the loop for awhile.

if it's any consolation, i assume nearly 100% of lupe's fans have been outta the loop for a while too

GamerSoul

if it's any consolation, i assume nearly 100% of lupe's fans have been outta the loop for a while too

lol hey, on a serious note I really meant hip hop in general other than a few guys like KRIT. And I thought Lupe was still working with the American Soccer Team. hah. Hopefully this means I will go into this album with a clearer mind frame and enjoy it more.....hopefully.

beanman25

State of Emergency 2 in St. Louis tomorrow night! Excited!

FABOLOUS, YO GOTTI, 2CHAINZ, AUGUST ALSINA & MIGOS

Should be exciting!!!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck hip.hop

Take bong hits, drink White Russians and watch Eecape from New York every night.

j5YI2KN.png

This is the legacy of Dipset, gentlemen.

How do you fuck up Victory? Whole point of that beat is for someone to do a few bars for the intro and then have a second rapper go in when the beat drops.

This dude Cam lazily referencing Biggie in the beginning and we've got Jim Jones with yet another failed attempt at rap for the "meat" of the song.

They better pray Heatmakerz still has it for this so-called reunion.

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Well here's my short T&Y review song by song scores.

Mural (9/10) It's insanely lyrical, the wordplay is consistent and production is great. The intro is very pleasing to the years. Think SLR for 8 minutes.

Blur My Hands (9/10) A smart song that has hit potential if Atlantic wanted to promote it (doubt it), Guy Sebastian sounds great, probably the biggest surprise on the album.

Dots and Lines (10/10) Has the best chorus and great lyrics, A song you need to hear to get the meaning behind it.

Prisoner 1&2 (10/10) Best song on the album imo, the beat switch is amazing, the lyrics are on point and probably second best on the album.

Body of Work (10/10) Great hook, the beat bangs, lyrics on point again.

Little Death (9/10) Nikki sounds great, this sounds like The Cool Lupe.

No Scratches (10/10) Another great chorus, Lyrics on point, this is the best Lupe&Nikki track on the album.

Chopper (7/10) This is a weak point in the album. Too many features, some of the guests just don't belong lyrically to the rest of the album. The beat bangs but the song is too long.

Deliver (8/10) Very deep meaning, but a low point in comparison to the rest of the album, Song is great and fits with the theme and still consistent.

Madonna (9/10) Very nice chorus and great beat which gives me MBDTF vibes, The 3rd verse goes in.

Adoration of the Magi (10/10) Sounds amazing, 3rd best song on the album, best of the singles by far.

They.Ressurect.Over.New (10/10) Beat bangs, lyrics on point. Ab drops a great verse, Troi is great as well.

Overall Score 9.25/10

This album is on the same wavelength as Food and Liquor and The Cool, it however does not sound like those albums, in fact it sounds better. I will go far as to say it is Lupe's most cohesive album, the songs for the most part sound different, yet they match with each other. It definitely has an argument for being his best album. Overall the album has a spot next to MBDTF and GKMC as a GOAT album for this decade and it's crazy to think over half of hat was supposed to be on it was scrapped. I believe Atlantic had no influence at all on this album, this was Lu through and through.

Mik317

Tetsuo and Youth Impressions.

I want to say Lupe is back but I can't and yet maybe I can. The highs are there and are high as fuck. The lyrics are on point and the production is actually really good too (something his past two albums haven't had consistently). Lupe's biggest problem is that he struggles with creating songs. Like every song here is a good song...but because they are too long and often too dense, I probably won't come back to many of them outside of a few times...because eventually the "whoa he really is spitting" wears off and you are left with just that. Rappity Rap has it's place but Lupe needs to figure out how to do that AND have a song that is fun to listen to multiple times. At least the beats and chorus don't suck so it will help a lot...songs are just too long tho and I'm not just talking about the 8 minute ones.

Definitely his best since The Cool, that's not a high bar tho. Lupe not back but he also isn't embarrassing himself so that's cool I guess.

It sounded super negative but I like the album but some of Lupe's general flaws as an artist still rears their head and if they bugged you before this won't change your mind. Not as many Tin Foil Hat Lu moments (Soda causing cancer type shit) and his flow is actually here instead of the monotone stuff he did on F&L2. Songs are too long in spots (the album as a whole is actually) and I question the replay value.

8/10 of first listen with room for movement up.

iavi

Oh lord. I want that little beat at the end to live in my ears forever. It was a toybox version of Anita Wards ring my bell.
But extra funkier
I'm gunna have to figure out a way to rip that audio so I can at least turn it into a ringtone or a looping beat.

Ditto.

I thought something else on my desktop started playing all of a sudden when the song faded out and that break started playing and got excited.

I'm liking this Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom