• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that beat has been used at least five times. Lupe goes in on it, but it's more than tired and played out now. I intended to give the Lupe a critical listen, but it became background noise and will require a few more play throughs, on the other hand the new Young L is certified piff. Like it's fucking amazing, I'm talking Mac and Cheese 3 levels of emotion.

Yeah its crazy the Jeezy track isn't even four months old and the sample got flipped again.

Joey Bada$$ talks Malia Obama, Kendrick Lamar + recent passing of cousin Pro Era's Junior B

Good points on radio. Ebro is so focused on what people react positively and negatively to that he forgets the basic fact that it's circular logic. If you mold people to listen to X, it stands to reason they'll respond positively to X for the foreseeable future. And if they're given Y they might not fuck with it...because it's foreign to them.

Ultimately at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much: none of those dudes are selling records or will be around in a couple years.

IrishNinja

Tried to tell y'all.

im perpetually LTTP but i do listen, you've put me onto many a gem man

it makes sense, in that dominokid and i both share equal disdain for lupe

true, your lines do intersect there...i'm pretty close on that grid too

be afraid to listen to an album for an hour brehs

i am slowly accepting the finite nature of my existence, and don't mind waiting on our taste testers here when they tend to align with my tastes

it was already said though - if you're not really feeling dude, this won't change your perception of him. that's true for most things, but fuck, that last french/fraud shit changed my whole perspective so anything can happen

I knew biz would come around to them eventually.

Fitting that it closes with a track featuring Ab-Soul.

multiple shots fired in this area, seek shelter

Crud

Banned
Joey Bada$$ talks Malia Obama, Kendrick Lamar + recent passing of cousin Pro Era's Junior B

Good points on radio. Ebro is so focused on what people react positively and negatively to that he forgets the basic fact that it's circular logic. If you mold people to listen to X, it stands to reason they'll respond positively to X for the foreseeable future. And if they're given Y they might not fuck with it...because it's foreign to them.

Ultimately at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much: none of those dudes are selling records or will be around in a couple years.

Daym Joey didn't know what Nielsen ratings were. He thought it was a person lol. Some artist know so little about the industry they trying to live off of its amazing.

Daym Joey didn't know what Nielsen ratings were. He thought it was a person lol. Some artist know so little about the industry they trying to live off of its amazing.

haha that made me laugh.

When he's like...I don't believe the research let's just go find the people!

Rosenberg being Rosenberg and taking Joey's side.

Cheddahz

Banned
10881501_878930338830850_1616547970093546726_n.jpg

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Gave Joey a listen, the 20th is definitely a good day for hip hop. Need to listen to the album more for a review. Doing a long drive down PCH and listening again, same with Tetsuo going to burn them onto a CD and do this tonight.

A lot of people on here asking if Tetsuo is good, well if you ever liked Lupe, then you will like this album. Objectively it is good music, take that as you may. There is a narrative to the album of a character, it is storytelling and songs like Prisoner have multiple narratives. Listening to the lyrics the whole album is complex and every listen you discover something new as more and more bars make sense. in the context of all the other songs. Some examples: Madonna delivers the adoration of the magi, pizza man=peace of men, master builder=God, sacred geometry=holy trinity, Prisoner 1 and 2 are the points of view of the others who were hung with Jesus. This all intersects with Lupe's character in The Cool whose story is being told in a vein to the religious context.

To continue on there is a narrative of videogames, Adoration particularly has a reference to viewpoints, 1st person, 3rd person, the master builder is the games creator, T.R.O.N is a world created by the "master builder". Resurrection and perfect twin are retry, hopefully a character who lives to the next step etc. Need to listen much more to get everything that is in this, it is just heavy.

Courage

Gave Joey a listen, the 20th is definitely a good day for hip hop. Need to listen to the album more for a review. Doing a long drive down PCH and listening again, same with Tetsuo going to burn them onto a CD and do this tonight.

A lot of people on here asking if Tetsuo is good, well if you ever liked Lupe, then you will like this album. Objectively it is good music, take that as you may. There is a narrative to the album of a character, it is storytelling and songs like Prisoner have multiple narratives. Listening to the lyrics the whole album is complex and every listen you discover something new as more and more bars make sense. in the context of all the other songs. Some examples: Madonna delivers the adoration of the magi, pizza man=peace of men, master builder=God, sacred geometry=holy trinity, Prisoner 1 and 2 are the points of view of the others who were hung with Jesus. This all intersects with Lupe's character in The Cool whose story is being told in a vein to the religious context.

To continue on there is a narrative of videogames, Adoration particularly has a reference to viewpoints, 1st person, 3rd person, the master builder is the games creator, T.R.O.N is a world created by the "master builder". Resurrection and perfect twin are retry, hopefully a character who lives to the next step etc. Need to listen much more to get everything that is in this, it is just heavy.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

IrishNinja

unless this grrl comes through tonight is blaze + Evil Within and catchup night, in queue:

Warm Brew
Doc Savage
Hus Kingpin again
Joey Bada$$ cause why not
Nacho & Blue Sky Black Death
Phony Ppl
Ransom
Roma Fortune
close out with Goldlink again

pray for me brehs...first track of Warm Brew is kinda bangin tho

HiResDes

unless this grrl comes through tonight is blaze + Evil Within and catchup night, in queue:

Warm Brew
Doc Savage
Hus Kingpin again
Joey Bada$$ cause why not
Nacho & Blue Sky Black Death
Phony Ppl
Ransom
Roma Fortune
close out with Goldlink again

pray for me brehs...first track of Warm Brew is kinda bangin tho
I don't see anyone really hating Warm Brew, such a likable awesome chill album. That and the Phony Ppl deserve hype.

Brehs it's Saturday night. What's your song of the night. Gotta go with some smooth shit.

Chick coming over later tonight, second night in a row. We just ate food and watched Netflix last night, but tonight...we'll see.
35ioP2O.png

Brehs it's Saturday night. What's your song of the night. Gotta go with some smooth shit.

Chick coming over later tonight, second night in a row. We just ate food and watched Netflix last night, but tonight...we'll see.
35ioP2O.png

got some band playing at my school
but i aint finna crash that
now the after party on the other hand..
lol i found $100 in my room that i hid one time...so should be a crazy night haha

good luck with your date
song of the night is probs I don't get tired

edit: actually the song of the night is definitely THIS (pretty much describes majority at my school lol...get some game)

Vorheez

I like complex lyrics in hip-hop songs, it gives things replay value for me, just my preference and wanted to share. Anything wrong with that?
Don't think about it too much. Sometimes the members of gaf-hop can make people who aren't regulars here feel excluded or disrespected, but it's not intentional. We get so wrapped up in our own little world and become accustomed to how we all communicate that we forget someone who isn't used to it might take it as being rude. We do value your opinion and hope you'll share it with us again.

Courage

I like complex lyrics in hip-hop songs, it gives things replay value for me, just my preference and wanted to share. Anything wrong with that?

Nah breh, like what you want. I just find it crazy you managed to deeply analyze the whole album based on something that leaked yesterday. I guess if you listened to it a shitload of times between yesterday and today.

Don't think about it too much. Sometimes the members of gaf-hop can make people who aren't regulars here feel excluded or disrespected, but it's not intentional. We get so wrapped up in our own little world and become accustomed to how we all communicate that we forget someone who isn't used to it might take it as being rude. We do value your opinion and hope you'll share it with us again.

i don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom