• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BNBtV.png
"that prostate ain't getting massaged on its own"

*birdman hand rub*

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Don't think about it too much. Sometimes the members of gaf-hop can make people who aren't regulars here feel excluded or disrespected, but it's not intentional. We get so wrapped up in our own little world and become accustomed to how we all communicate that we forget someone who isn't used to it might take it as being rude. We do value your opinion and hope you'll share it with us again.

Thanks man, I was just replying to the gif, new to this thread so I don't know how it operates.

Nah breh, like what you want. I just find it crazy you managed to deeply analyze the whole album based on something that leaked yesterday. I guess if you listened to it a shitload of times between yesterday and today.

I've actually listened to it 3 times so far, initial listen, casual listen at gym and a more analytical listen, the things I said were mainly things I got from other discussions of the album and then making connections to the bars and themes. I have listened a lot more to the singles. Still it's barely scratching the surface.

Joey Bada$$ talks Malia Obama, Kendrick Lamar + recent passing of cousin Pro Era's Junior B

Good points on radio. Ebro is so focused on what people react positively and negatively to that he forgets the basic fact that it's circular logic. If you mold people to listen to X, it stands to reason they'll respond positively to X for the foreseeable future. And if they're given Y they might not fuck with it...because it's foreign to them.

Ultimately at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much: none of those dudes are selling records or will be around in a couple years.

Great interview.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Don't think about it too much. Sometimes the members of gaf-hop can make people who aren't regulars here feel excluded or disrespected, but it's not intentional. We get so wrapped up in our own little world and become accustomed to how we all communicate that we forget someone who isn't used to it might take it as being rude. We do value your opinion and hope you'll share it with us again.

PSA: this exact paragraph was the death of NBA-GAF.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Brehs it's Saturday night. What's your song of the night. Gotta go with some smooth shit.

Chick coming over later tonight, second night in a row. We just ate food and watched Netflix last night, but tonight...we'll see.
35ioP2O.png

You got this brah. It's been a LA, DJ Quik night. Don't listen to it around her though. Save it for like the 5th date when you're cruising and already smashed.

Diggin' U out

K.Jack

My statement wasn't complex. Read again what Vorheez said. Word for word, being like that to "non-regulars" is what got NBA-GAF shut down, and led to the exodus of Blackace and nearly everyone who was a regular poster at that time.

I'm just saying, be careful. It only takes a couple sensitive people complaining to the mods to turn the eye of Mordor towards GAF-HOP. And I ain't trying to see shit go down like that, for a second time.

Learn from history, because it repeats itself.

Vorheez

My statement wasn't complex. Read again what Vorheez said. Word for word, being like that to "non-regulars" is what got NBA-GAF shut down, and led to the exodus of Blackace and nearly everyone who was a regular poster at that time.

I'm just saying, be careful. It only takes a couple sensitive people complaining to the mods to turn the eye of Mordor towards GAF-HOP. And I ain't trying to see shit go down like that, for a second time.

I never intended to get mods involved. We are all degenerates and I love it that way, I just felt bad for the guy is all, and instead of quoting courage and being like "yo breh be nice", I just did it my way. Put that Vorheez stamp of approval on it.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot, I'm pretty sure k. jack is agreeing with me

K.Jack

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot, I'm pretty sure k. jack is agreeing with me
Yes bruv I was not talking literally/specifically about your post itself, but the action that caused you to feel you needed to make the post.

We cool

goku_krillin_daps.gif~original

Which is extremely funny considering this site at large treats junior members like the lowest tier of a caste system.

But let me hold it down because they shut you down when you speak from yo heart

PBY

Banned
Wonder if lupe dropped this as his 3rd album.

I think it'd be received way different- Lupe's changed less than we like to admit, although he has fallen off some- we've just moved on as an audience.

IrishNinja

PSA: this exact paragraph was the death of NBA-GAF.

i hear you, but...bucket low, like fuck it though
we don't cross those lines (and neither did they, really) - that happens, i'm out

First time listening to The God Complex.

Holy fuck.

I hate everyone that is just now listening to shit that I tried to hype for 12 months. Go listen to some YG or Shady XV

hahaha i thought you'd be happy though! this is what happens when i use your Q4 rapup thread

Esch

Banned
RIP Yams. Closest thing we had to Dame Dash in this era. Without him we definitely wouldn't have LiveLove or Trap Lord imo

HiResDes

i hear you, but...bucket low, like fuck it though
we don't cross those lines (and neither did they, really) - that happens, i'm out

hahaha i thought you'd be happy though! this is what happens when i use your Q4 rapup thread
I was just playing. Does anyone have any inkling how the hell YAMs died, we're the same age.

RIP Yams.

They haven't said the reason yet, but nobody would be surprised if he OD'd on codeine or whatever drugs he was taking.

People really gotta chill with that shit. Wayne almost went out the exact same way too.

Re: Joey Badass album.

Listened to it a couple times. I understand the complains about it being boring and honestly it does sound like another mixtape since there isn't necessarily any outstanding tracks.. but, for what it is, I did enjoy it. I've always liked the more somber type projects from artists.

Favourite tracks: Escape 120, OCB, Oh No, Belly of the beast, black beetles, Like Me, Paper Trial$

Nope: No.99, Teach Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom