• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned

10-shaq-eating.gif

DominoKid

Learn how to link breh, you always do this. Don't let me catch you doing this again

Click link to go to it

browsing through it now. goddamn the track w/ metro & gates is so tough.

metro needs to get his mike will on and put out a tape. 19&Boomin was aight but his sound has gotten so much darker since then.

Linius

Thought I'd answer the questions in the OP properly since I didn't post here before
p1kx90C.png

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - East coast
• Favorite Artist - A Tribe Called Quest
• Favorite Artist Outside of Hip Hop/ Rap? - Damon Albarn
• Best feature killer - A what?
• Favourite producer - Don't really have one
• Favourite album - This can change every day, but for hiphop it's The Low End Theory
• What's in your playlist right now? - I don't do playlists
• What's Your 2014 AOTY? - Ty Segall - Manipulator

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > TCD > LR >>>>> The rest
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Not a fan, sorry
• Jay Z or Nas? Is that even a question? Nas
• Biggie or Pac? Two of the greats I haven't really checked out
• What’s your dream album/project? -
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? RTJ is happening now, they will get their mainstream success
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? -
• Have you been known to eat ass?
02Do2Ff.png

• Whats your favorite position to get pegd?
02Do2Ff.png

• Onions or Avocados? Onions
• Can you Cook REAL food? (non of that frozen shit) Who can't?

Linius

Not really, but Illmatic is a masterpiece. Saw Nas live last year in a rather small venue and it was great. Was cool to see him so down with his fans, signing LP's on the go from the stage. He did Illmatic from start to end and a some good songs from random albums. If I only had a chance to see A Tribe Called Quest :(

Linius

m8

Get it together

I'm also not a fan of It takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. Just to get that out there. I'm very picky when it comes to hiphop, it's actually kind of odd I like Illmatic so much. I listen to jazzy hiphop 80% of the time probably.

EDIT

And of course I'm scanning this place in my search for new stuff.

RBK

Banned
Going to post my own as well:

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - The South, fuck a coast
• Favorite Artist - Freddie Gibbs or Roc Marci of recent years, Nas is GOAT.
• Favorite Artist Outside of Hip Hop/ Rap? - Don't have one, only genres I listen to.
• Best feature killer - Young Thug, maybe? Not sure really.
• Favourite producer - Alchemist
• Favourite album - The Infamous or illmatic
• What's in your playlist right now? -Whatever pops up on Spotify
• What's Your 2014 AOTY? - Cocaine Pinata

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF=CD>G>LR>808s>Yeezus
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member: Chef Raekwon
• Jay Z or Nas? - Nas
• Biggie or Pac?-Biggie
• What’s your dream album/project?-Anything with Alchemist production
• Who is the next big rapper/producer?-
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee?-Overrated K Dot, underrated is Stalley
• Have you been known to eat ass?-Hell no
• Whats your favorite position to get pegd?-
• Onions or Avocados?- Onions
• Can you Cook REAL food? (non of that frozen shit)-Yeah, nothing special though.

I'm also not a fan of It takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. Just to get that out there. I'm very picky when it comes to hiphop, it's actually kind of odd I like Illmatic so much. I listen to jazzy hiphop 80% of the time probably.

EDIT

And of course I'm scanning this place in my search for new stuff.
ufdup.png

I can't hate on a fellow Nas stan. Big tent, lots of space for different opinions...

Only Nas stans I don't fuck with are those who act like Jay is a wack rapper. Sure he's wack in 2014/2015 but I know people who try to argue Reasonable Doubt is weak...smh

Linius

Life needs banter, good stuff.

Just have to drop a Dutch track here, even though it might be hard to enjoy if you don't know the lyrics. I rarely listen to Dutch hiphop except for a group from Zwolle and associated acts. And this guy Typhoon dropped his second album last year. Great piece of work with spectacular instrumentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JHfNCHEN3s (Zandloper - Album version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_Z1rNi-74 (Ijswater - Live)

Also maybe interesting to ask, do you guys listen to hiphop in a foreign language at all? I remember listening to some French stuff back in the day even though I didn't understand a thing.

MoodyFog

Also maybe interesting to ask, do you guys listen to hiphop in a foreign language at all? I remember listening to some French stuff back in the day even though I didn't understand a thing.

I listen to French stuff but they ain't ready for that sound

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can't hate on a fellow Nas stan. Big tent, lots of space for different opinions...

Only Nas stans I don't fuck with are those who act like Jay is a wack rapper. Sure he's wack in 2014/2015 but I know people who try to argue Reasonable Doubt is weak...smh

well it's rude to argue with the mentally deficient.

Esch

Banned

Some of the stuff from France, Japan and central american countries/mexican countries stays around, but I usually don't go for it. Same with grime. I generally find a lot of foreign rappers to me usually try too hard and end up missing the right groove. They think cramming syllables is the key to making dope shit

Linius

I listen to French stuff but they ain't ready for that sound

Ah, Parisien. Cool! Our French teacher stood us up with Mc Solaar, good shit.

Some of the stuff from France, Japan and central american countries/mexican countries stays around, but I usually don't go for it. Same with grime. I generally find a lot of foreign rappers to me usually try too hard and end up missing the right groove. They think cramming syllables is the key to making dope shit

For Dutch rappers the problem is mostly that the lyrics are ass, the flow is off and they're way too poppy. Except for a few that is. But the Dutch rappers that I like did make some of my favourite albums. So that's something.

MoodyFog

Ah, Parisien. Cool! Our French teacher stood us up with Mc Solaar, good shit.

Well if you listen to jazzy shit I can understand your liking of Solaar, he was totally in that zone (after all he was on Jazzmatazz with Guru).

Shame you don't speak French though because he's very lyrical (although "corny" because it's old and he has a lot of "dad" play-on-words)

Linius

I'll give the classics another try this year. And take note here hiphop gaf, I'm not saying it's bad. It's just not something I can get into personally.

Well if you listen to jazzy shit I can understand your liking of Solaar, he was totally in that zone (after all he was on Jazzmatazz with Guru).

Shame you don't speak French though because he's very lyrical (although "corny" because it's old and he has a lot of "dad" play-on-words)

Yeah, I understand bits, but in general it goes way too fast to comprehend. I've been in Paris for the Rock en Seine festival the past three years but my French didn't improve much :p

MoodyFog

Yeah, I understand bits, but in general it goes way too fast to comprehend. I've been in Paris for the Rock en Seine festival the past three years but my French didn't improve much :p

Here are a few classic French albums with a Jazzy atmosphere you might like :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVAs6szSkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h4zDYRt9dg&list=PLjiqcPf4NWZFVOoVuW_ayc6wJv6eSMJcX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT5JCRBFPH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXElLR0nFc (this one is a mix between jazz and g funk but it's amazing and one of the greats)

CRS

Also Courage, you should check out People Under the Stairs if you're looking for more of that Pharcyde/De La/having fun music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom