• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone remember the name of the guy who did those covers with that thick ass-accent, like "real neegah roll call?" think he just put out a tape not too long ago.

tumblr_lqluvaPhpt1qg3uqyo1_400.gif

HiResDes

Not really feeling either of those intro selections, but welcome fasho. I mean diss Kendrick and big up Stalley, forreal though? Just say I'm not feeling any of Wu Tang? Loving Kanye's albums in order of accessibility? I respect the 808 lovers more.
Not listening to anything outside of hip hop? Scust. Not hearing any of biggie or Tupacs albums, or enough singles to make a blind pick is kinda scust too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm not big on the whole being welcoming thing anyways. It's in our best interest to curate our new members to maintain the standard of high quality posting in here. Not everybody can reach that level and might have to be asked to leave.

Linius

Not really feeling either of those intro selections, but welcome fasho. I mean diss Kendrick and big up Stalley, forreal though? Just say I'm not feeling any of Wu Tang? Loving Kanye's albums in order of accessibility? I respect the 808 lovers more.
Not listening to anything outside of hip hop? Scust. Not hearing any of biggie or Tupacs albums, or enough singles to make a blind pick is kinda scust too.

My main focus has always been on the rock side of things. I'm gonna scust on all those indie rock posers who never listened to sixties/seventies origins of the music they love. I merely scratched the surface of hiphop compared to most of y'all in here probably.

But I'm gonna revisit Wu-Tang first, that was a long time ago. Tupac and Biggie are only a matter of time too. Maybe weird to not start with the greats when you're diving into hiphop at a certain age, but it happens.

Trey

I'm not big on the whole being welcoming thing anyways. It's in our best interest to curate our new members to maintain the standard of high quality posting in here. Not everybody can reach that level and might have to be asked to leave.

lol

RBK

Banned

I can pick and choose songs from every Kendrick project I like, but there isn't a single one I love as a whole.

No way in hell you can convince me 808s is his best album, but I'm a big fan of it as well.

Don't really go out of my way to look for music outside of Rap/Hip Hop. Part of it might be close-mindedness. Gorillaz is one I like if that makes everything better.

Vorheez

Vorheez was right, we're pretty fucking vulgar to newcomers.
dPrJaGc.png
Yes, gaf hop needs an intervention.

I understand wanting to maintain the community, but let that shit happen naturally. Calling someone a fuckboy for saying hello is some shit. It's gotten to the point where newcomers are simply used as tools to elevate the regulars.

I'm just trying to protect y'all from yourselves.

Can't go wrong with Alchemist and Mobb Deep

I understand wanting to maintain the community, but let that shit happen naturally. Calling someone a fuckboy for saying hello is some shit. It's gotten to the point where newcomers are simply used as tools to elevate the regulars.

I'm just trying to protect y'all from yourselves.

You can get it too breh

I don't discriminate

All jokes aside though, whether they get their hands held or not, it's only a matter of time before newcomers join in on the the 60/40 split of actual music discussion and snark wrapped in mildly funny at best jokes with a "too cool for school" attitude that this thread all too often loves to put on display.

Might as well teach em early. Hell, I'm not even sure if I'm qualified to make this post my damn self, but there it is
HTCrWYv.png

Esch

Banned
the the 60/40 split of actual music discussion and snark wrapped in mildly funny at best jokes with a "too cool for school" attitude that this thread all too often loves to put on display.

There's always the coli if you dont like it here m8, can't abide threadwhiners

Vorheez

I see you Storm, but if you want to teach someone to ride a bicycle, you don't throw them on the big boy bike and expect them to figure it out. The dude will crash and burn, probably fuck himself up a little, and there is no telling how many potentially good members we have lost because of that.

Get the newbies on the bike with training wheels first. Sure, they will be made fun of a little for being on the little pink bike with training wheels, but they're still ridin with us. And that's what's important. If he eventually decides, "yo, why the fuck am I riding this stupid thing to try and fit in with you clowns" then let him leave. But eventually someone will make it up to the big boy bike and our community will be better for it.

That's my analogy for the day.

Not really feeling either of those intro selections, but welcome fasho. I mean diss Kendrick and big up Stalley, forreal though?

lol it's that Ohio man everyone's talking about it

dPrJaGc.png
I guarantee somebody in here holding that love for Em deep inside their heart

yall ready know MMLP is a top 5 album

Was this posted yet?

THE GAME BRINGS OUT DR. DRE, KENDRICK LAMAR AT 10TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT

Sorry for capslock, too lazy to rewrite the sentence

kendrick still sporting that hairdo
smh

I see you Storm, but if you want to teach someone to ride a bicycle, you don't throw them on the big boy bike and expect them to figure it out. The dude will crash and burn, probably fuck himself up a little, and there is no telling how many potentially good members we have lost because of that.

Get the newbies on the bike with training wheels first. Sure, they will be made fun of a little for being on the little pink bike with training wheels, but they're still ridin with us. And that's what's important. If he eventually decides, "yo, why the fuck am I riding this stupid thing to try and fit in with you clowns" then let him leave. But eventually someone will make it up to the big boy bike and our community will be better for it.

That's my analogy for the day.
If I had to teach someone how to swim I would toss them in the deep water and see if they can pick it up quick.

codhand

The real question is:

red onions
white onions
yellow onions
green onions
shallots

Which is the best?
juOvXdY.png

hmmm this might be the toughest decision i make all day

gonna go*

yellow > shallots (slept on) > scallions > white & red onions (tie)

*i dont discriminate, i regulate every shade of the onion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom