• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

rosenberg: how does it feel for you right now?

joey: well it feels great for me, but how does it feel for you, since you know me?

snoop.png

The real question is:

red onions
white onions
yellow onions
green onions
shallots

Which is the best?
juOvXdY.png

Damn you had me thinking about this survey all day, pretty context-dependent but I'd go:

red onion > shallots (different species but Persian shallots in yogurt are godlike btw) > white onions > green onions > yellow onions, though I love em all.

I wish I had the tolerance for raw white onions some of my older relatives do, they can eat them like fucking apples.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
4wopsiG.png

brehs, you know that feeling when that girl you've been crushing on seems like she's always in a relationship?

shit, it's been well over a year now so I'm not even sure if you can consider it a crush anymore.

4wopsiG.png

4wopsiG.png

4wopsiG.png

4wopsiG.png
4wopsiG.png
4wopsiG.png
4wopsiG.png

HiResDes

If she's always in a relationship and not with you that's a pretty damning sign.

Edit: PD, you won't have the last laugh. I ain't even gonna let you borrow this retro Walkman I just copped from the local thrift store.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
brehs, you know that feeling when that girl you've been crushing on seems like she's always in a relationship?

shit, it's been well over a year now so I'm not even sure if you can consider it a crush anymore.

You sound like the dude that hasn't even said "Hi" to her yet. Just staring at her across the cafeteria. Following her to the library and spreading the books apart so you can peek at her while she reads, wondering what she's listening to on her iPod.

It's probably stalking now breh.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The real question is:

red onions
white onions
yellow onions
green onions
shallots

Which is the best?
juOvXdY.png

shallots, it has the best amount of onion flavor without being overbearing in a dish. so you could use a shallot in one dish, but continue to have a choice in whether or not you have too much or too little. The rest of them have far too much flavor and presence to offer that kind of decision.

cb1115

You sound like the dude that hasn't even said "Hi" to her yet. Just staring at her across the cafeteria. Following her to the library and spreading the books apart so you can peek at her while she reads, wondering what she's listening to on her iPod.

It's probably stalking now breh.

dafuq? we talk damn near every day lmao.

please continue making snap judgements tho
wUjnfRG.png

I'm going to cosign this (if you don't want to check out all of the De La Soul albums, be sure to check out "3 Feet High and Rising", "De La Soul Is Dead", and "Stakes Is High")

The Tribe albums are also highly recommended and since you mentioned the Beastie Boys, I'll just recommend Check Your Head and Ill Communication, since those are probably their most laid back albums (and they have a few jazz/instrumental tracks on them as well)

Stakes is High, the song, is one of the best tracks from the 90s. From any genre of music. That shit bangs hard.

wenis

Watch how fast she snaps back to you when you start chatting up another girl.

#WATCH

Vorheez

Now that we on the topic of love

There is a girl in my classes I have a thing for. I want to just approach her, introduce myself, and ask to have coffee/supper. My friends have been telling me to start with small talk though and work my way up. Thoughts?

Courage

There is a girl in my classes I have a thing for. I want to just approach her, introduce myself, and ask to have coffee/supper. My friends have been telling me to start with small talk though and work my way up. Thoughts?

If she's in your class, you can do the small talk thing. Don't wait too long until you ask her out though.

Have any of y'all took a class in Hip-Hop? I wanted to take one last semester, but I was already at 21 credits, so I just went to the class whenever I could and just observe and sometimes participate. I thought it was really cool. I found it a bit surprising that the entire class was black, I've had two African American studies classes and there were always some white people, never any other races, but this class was 100% black.

The professor was a black man who looked to be in his late thirties and I was surprised by some of the language he used, but he had nothing on my Law teacher who spitted out cunt every chance she got. This professor introduced me to the term fuckboy (he called Dr. Dyson one). Usually the class would open with a freestyle session in which students can up and do a spoken word piece, rap, or open a conversation about anything in the black community. My first time there they talked about the incident about the football player who assaulted his wife. I was ignorant of the event at the time, but people were getting intense on the subject.

A later time I introduced Sa-Roc's The Who? to the class. The professor seemed to like it and used it as a leeway into his lecture. Me and my boy later introduced Ras Kass to the class with How to Kill God and that brought some tension as well. I didn't get to do any of the work since I wasn't enrolled, but from what I can see he linked raps, and poems to historical events and some other shit I forgot about.

Later that professor teamed up with another group in class and started a protest demonstration for the police killings in the past couple of years. I attended. We were peaceful and not obstructing any traffic, but the police came to shut it down. My professor talked to them and when he came back to us he said they basically just got their feelings hurt. We were holding up signs that said fuck the police.

That experience was something else for me, a good one in fact. In taking countless classes that I couldn't give a shit about it was nice to attend one that was actually appealing to me.

cb1115

Watch how fast she snaps back to you when you start chatting up another girl.

#WATCH

that actually did kinda happen. i told her i had a date with someone and she started asking me a shitload of questions about her. :kanyeshrug:

Esch is probably right tbh. there's almost no way she doesn't know i'm into her.

wenis

Small talk and ask her out in the same conversation. No need to tip toe around it.

Buhloone Mindstate and parts of De La Soul Is Dead are the only two I've really liked tbh. Was looking for others with a similar jazzy/calm flavor.

Cheers, will take a look at those I've missed. I actually remember ordering the 93' Till Infinity vinyl single from Discogs years ago but never received it :mad: Haven't had much luck with that site.
If you want to get avant garde, check out Madlib's Shades of Blue. Mostly instrumentals, but there's hardly a dull, dry moment from the whole album. Slim's Return is my favourite track from it.

Esch

Banned
that actually did kinda happen. i told her i had a date with someone and she started asking me a shitload of questions about her. :kanyeshrug:

Esch is probably right tbh. there's almost no way she doesn't know i'm into her.
Wash your hands of this whole year. Time to find a new one and focus on you for a bit. No reason to keep taking that L.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
we've known each other forever and she's always been a good friend.

i knew bringing this shit up was a bad idea lol.

all signs point to the friend zone.
it wouldn't of been a bad idea, if you were looking for advice. It was a bad idea, because you won't listen to the advice given.

Small talk and ask her out in the same conversation. No need to tip toe around it.

i like this idea. just get it out and done with. if shes interested, she'll say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom