• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stakes is High, the song, is one of the best tracks from the 90s. From any genre of music. That shit bangs hard.

Dilla baby

You know what helps getting over a girl?

Another girl.

Docs prescription.

yes

Wash your hands of this whole year. Time to find a new one and focus on you for a bit. No reason to keep taking that L.

also good advice
better yet, don't find a new one, find new many
Watch how fast she snaps back to you when you start chatting up another girl.

#WATCH

nothing could be more true
better yet, use it to your advantage when that old girl starts asking questions

#dualities

People really losing their minds over Mural? It's basically Failure extended to 9 minutes with nothing interesting happening musically.

Nah Lupe. Nah.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Now that we on the topic of love

There is a girl in my classes I have a thing for. I want to just approach her, introduce myself, and ask to have coffee/supper. My friends have been telling me to start with small talk though and work my way up. Thoughts?
Leer at her from the corner of the room until she starts picking up your vibes.

DominoKid

People really losing their minds over Mural? It's basically Failure extended to 9 minutes with nothing interesting happening musically.

Nah Lupe. Nah.

yeah that mural shit didn't do it for me at all. the album had some tracks i like which is more than i can say for his last 2 efforts. but he just has certain artistic proclivities that i haven't meshed with since i was like 16.

5/10.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Nah Lupe. Nah.
That Em effect works. It works I tells ya!

Stay latched to shit you loved when you were a kid and you sink right down with it.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Time to put down the 808s and heartbreak and pick up some CEO music. Lift weights, drink liquor that gives you hangovers, meet new people, learn new things

Enjoy life cb

ah so CEO music = MBDTF. Esch always knows
osQFzrE.png

in all seriousness, thanks for the advice/fuckery brehs. you guys are real as hell.

Courage

yeah that mural shit didn't do it for me at all. the album had some tracks i like which is more than i can say for his last 2 efforts. but he just has certain artistic proclivities that i haven't meshed with since i was like 16.

5/10.

and done. Pretty much how I feel.

This Lupe album feels like something Lupe fans will hail as a return to form, but I just can't get with it. I've moved on. His flow, the rhymes, the beats...none of this is for me anymore.

Nope/10

Esch

Banned
I'm not the biggest fan of Em, but I'll think you'll be hard-pressed to find 20 MCs better than him, let alone 10.
I don't do lists really, but I could do it easily. Don't really care for his material at all and while I acknowledge his technical skill, lots of dudes have that.

wenis

I don't do lists really, but I could do it easily. Don't really care for his material at all and while I acknowledge his technical skill, lots of dudes have that.
Careful, you'll get us shut down.

aight just keeping everyone accountable lol
you never know with the hyperbole in here
was scared of "immortal technique top 5, em's only good album was infinite" sort of answers

sidenote: I think an interesting list would be ranking top 20 rappers and top 20 albums, and adding the scores together. For example, something like Paid in Full would be super high but I can't see Eric B. and Rakim being in many peoples' top 10 lists. (not that they necessarily shouldn't be though)

I'm stopping in to say I'm ashamed that I just discovered Mick Jenkins today. Probably one of the most unique rappers I've come across in a while.

vibes man

wenis

That Lupe thread is rap god all over again.

And I did listen to that lupe album. It was like single ply tissue paper on my tush. Uncomfortable as hell and I could buy better for myself, but I guess this'll do for some people.

Esch

Banned
I'm happy Madlib had a comeback. There was a definite moment when him and DOOM were both kinda seen as casualties of drug use output wise (shrooms in Madlibs case?). Love to hear him work with someone like Isaiah Rashad.

too bad for Doom though

injurai

Banned
I'm happy Madlib had a comeback. There was a definite moment when him and DOOM were both kinda seen as casualties of drug use output wise (shrooms in Madlibs case?). Love to hear him work with someone like Isaiah Rashad.

too bad for Doom though

wait what about doom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom