• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wait, what were the duds?

portal 2? DOTA? ep2?

those were all great games... even if I'm not a huge fan of DOTA2 i can see the appeal.
Mostly talking about the L4Ds and what they've done to TF2 which went from innocent support to making the economy start influencing the gameplay.

Linius

So, 36 chambers is pretty swell. I honestly don't know why I didn't like it. Probably because it was many years ago since I last listened to it when I started exploring hiphop bit by bit.

Viktor Vaughn is tight.

studyguy

Sat through Tetsuo & Youth once.
I don't think I can come back for a visit. It's undoubtly a step up from Lazers and his flow feels like it's come back but to be honest. Content wise I couldn't tell you about what I heard. At this point I've already forgotten it over the course of all the bars on bars he spit. Not to say that isn't basically what he did in the past but at this point I just felt like I was getting assailed by all his wordplay and lyricism. Catching a few things here and some interesting entendres here. At the end of the day though with a whole basket full of wordplay that I just dropped and forgot.

I don't know, it's a nice album I guess but it didn't stick for me.

Esch

Banned
Valve provided us with multiple classics and created the buoy that put PC gaming in the place it is now. Probably still be eating microshit leftovers without them.tybv.

Kid Cudi made one album for 14 year olds that hate their parents, did a bunch of blow and never released anything of import ever again. He can't rap. He can't really sing. The music he puts together is consistently wack.

3Vw7HQR.png

By "roots" does this mean Eminem will return to the Bass Brothers and stop yell rapping? Of course not. It'll just be more yell rap about poop, rape, and drugs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is Roots like Eminem's American Gangster?

Squarely in the "I can't believe what I'm reading" camp. Has to be a way to play up on the appropriation controversy.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Mostly talking about the L4Ds and what they've done to TF2 which went from innocent support to making the economy start influencing the gameplay.

im not gunna argue with the TF2 comment because that's what put me off the game, but I will not stand by while L4D gets besmirched.

AOTY in the bag

Eminem Reportedly Releasing "Roots" Album In 2015

the real question is how many grammys lol

hoping for some shots at Banks lol

edit: for real though id kill for a Dont Approach Me 2 even though it would be really weird

what a load.

RBK

Banned
Kid Cudi made one album for 14 year olds that hate their parents, did a bunch of blow and never released anything of import ever again. He can't rap. He can't really sing. The music he puts together is consistently wack.

3Vw7HQR.png

So what do you guys like?

Cudi is great.

Esch

Banned
BTW Tguy was right about the Herb Pistol P mixtape: it's off beat, the song concepts aren't great etc.

That said I still have faith Herb gonna deliver. Just needs the right guy to pick up his contract.

effzee

By "roots" does this mean Eminem will return to the Bass Brothers and stop yell rapping? Of course not. It'll just be more yell rap about poop, rape, and drugs.

To be fair even with the Bass Brothers it was about poop, rape, and drugs.

BTW that source seems extremely speculative and fake. Doesn't sound real. I guess you could say he is working on something but then again by all accounts he is always in the studio and recording so it's not really revelatory.

overcast

im not gunna argue with the TF2 comment because that's what put me off the game, but I will not stand by while L4D gets besmirched.
You have my sword. I've had classic moments on L4D. I used to adore TF2 and will still play sometimes, but they shit the bed there.
Casual.
So what do you guys like?

Cudi is great.
Cudi has one good album that hit during the perfect time for me, but he's not a good artist. I like A Kid Named Cudi too.
Lmao. What the hell?

RBK

Banned
Cudi has one good album that hit during the perfect time for me, but he's not a good artist. I like A Kid Named Cudi too.

So which album are we talking about? Only bad ones for me are Satellite Flight and WZRD, which is usual an automatic omission. MOTM 2 being my favorite.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So which album are we talking about? Only bad ones for me are Satellite Flight and WZRD, which is usual an automatic omission. MOTM 2 being my favorite.
You're pretty much on the money. His first three projects are all great in their own ways.

Detox

Enzo with the L4D defamation. That shit was special, the AI director is the future of campaign style games, ensured every playthrough was different. Too bad nobody in the industry got AI experts to fuck with it, Evolve is a shadow of L4D because there is nothing to do during the downtime. Only game where you have to cooperate or you will get smacked by the AI. Expert mode led to some of my favourite moments in gaming. Best coop games ever. L4D3 will be special regardless of it's f2p or not.

Tokubetsu

Enzo with the L4D defamation. That shit was special, the AI director is the future of campaign style games, ensured every playthrough was different. Too bad nobody in the industry got AI experts to fuck with it, Evolve is a shadow of L4D because there is nothing to do during the downtime. Only game where you have to cooperate or you will get smacked by the AI. Expert mode led to some of my favourite moments in gaming. Best coop games ever. L4D3 will be special regardless of it's f2p or not.
No it won't.

injurai

Banned

Truth.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol, you don't need an AI director to have wildly different playthroughs through campaigns. L4D's system is not a generalizable thing. Encounter-based systems with good AI have made for super replayable campaigns for a long, long time now, and both ends of the spectrum have their pros and cons.

studyguy

Play L4D & L4D2 on 360...
You're bound to play against my girlfriend as she's like one of 10 people still playing it on that system.

Gaf member said Cudi is garbage.
Proceeds to post a song not even close to approaching some of Cudi's top work.

Maybe he didn't use the best example?

Just listen to the entire Shabazz Palaces album.

But again if you think any Cudi material goes beyond amateur hour, it may not be for you.

Detox

Lol, you don't need an AI director to have wildly different playthroughs through campaigns. L4D's system is not a generalizable thing. Encounter-based systems with good AI have made for super replayable campaigns for a long, long time now, and both ends of the spectrum have their pros and cons.

The AI is so much more than good individual bot AI, it's shit Valve perfects with focus testing, biometrics and all that shit, they fuck with your emotions. It paces the game so it gives you enough downtime to recoup between sections when shit hits the fan or you get to shoot your gun for a while. The pacing isn't bound to specific section apart from events so you can never tell what you will be facing, which makes each story between your group far more memorable. You can bang L4D for hundreds of hours and still won't be able to tell what you will be facing when you load the level. The best groups get split by the AI director depending on where and when it spawns the mobs, special infected, weapons, ammo etc.

Bless up Michael Booth, fuck Blizzard for poaching. Fuck will he be doing there?

RBK

Banned
Just listen to the entire Shabazz Palaces album.

But again if you think any Cudi material goes beyond amateur hour, it may not be for you.

If we're speaking on Lese Majesty, will do later today. Just say I wasn't blown away by that or #Cake.

Maybe on Cudi, but opinions tend to work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom