• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man the Breakfast Club is wack as fuck. It's so obvious they don't know shit about Bronson, bringing up the most basic obvious shit. "You sound like Ghostface!" Is it 2010? Fuckouttahere.
Yeah I was shit talking this in the group. Awful interview and they usually are decent. Maybe he should go on Juan Epstein instead.

overcast

sass2.png
Paging Pickles.
I don't fuck with hats but that Jets one is pretty awesome.
Is it corduroy? I have a similar one for the LA Rams that I bought at a thrift store in Portland (I don't wear it).

Vorheez

I still don't know what to think of Charlamagne... At times I think he's cool, and then others times I'm like "yoooo what?"

Still better than Ebro though, fuck that guy

Courage

I still don't know what to think of Charlamagne... At times I think he's cool, and then others times I'm like "yoooo what?"

Charlamagne is a straight up idiot most of the time, but he can be hilarious. Ebro & co never make me laugh. I mostly listen to 105.1 in the morning, unless they got Trey Songz on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

He's transparent, which is good enough for me. He has enough glints of truth and asks what most people are scared to for him to be needed in the media IMO.

Told Ye to his face that he thought Yeezus was wack, and when Ye started talking about something else, he just kept reiterating it. Asked Jay about if it's weird when he's in a room with Nas, whether he jacked Young Chris' style, etc. Challenges people more than anyone else.

Whoo child, I am so tired. I spent a good chunk of my day traveling back to campus. I wasn't trying to fuck with it anymore since I graduated, but I wanted to get some drawings scanned and get my laptop checked out. I saw one of the boys earlier and spoke to him for a quick second. Might be the last time I ever see him. I also saw my cute ass RA from last semester. She commented on the hair and invited me to a MLK speech on campus, but I told her I couldn't make it. I'm still curious if that tongue do tricks.

DominoKid

they radio personalities. you not really supposed to take them seriously. like skip bayless. they supposed to be entertaining.

Vorheez

Charlamagne is a straight up idiot most of the time, but he can be hilarious. Ebro & co never make me laugh. I mostly listen to 105.1 in the morning, unless they got Trey Songz on.

charla trollin is why the BC is even worth watching.

He's transparent, which is good enough for me. He has enough glints of truth and asks what most people are scared to for him to be needed in the media IMO.

Told Ye to his face that he thought Yeezus was wack, and when Ye started talking about something else, he just kept reiterating it. Asked Jay about if it's weird when he's in a room with Nas, whether he jacked Young Chris' style, etc. Challenges people more than anyone else.
The Ye situation was actually one of the reasons why I liked him to begin with. Shit was hilarious. Some of his stuff with Vlad is questionable though, I'll try and pull up a video when I get home for reference

they radio personalities. you not really supposed to take them seriously. like skip bayless. they supposed to be entertaining.
come on domino, nobody likes skip bayless

Whoo child, I am so tired. I spent a good chunk of my day traveling back to campus. I wasn't trying to fuck with it anymore since I graduated, but I wanted to get some drawings scanned and get my laptop checked out. I saw one of the boys earlier and spoke to him for a quick second. Might be the last time I ever see him. I also saw my cute ass RA from last semester. She commented on the hair and invited me to a MLK speech on campus, but I told her I couldn't make it. I'm still curious if that tongue do tricks.

Gonna catch her slipping?

Esch

Banned
The only thing Charlemagne does that I don't like is thirst for every woman that goes on for the show. Not only is that shit lame he just wastes show time trying to be cute. Fuckouttahere. Take a page from rosenbergs book and be acreep on your own time.Other than that he's fine by me.

The biggest problem with the Breakfast Club is that it's never about the guests, the hosts make it about themselves. Plus the focus on gossip bullshit. Does anyone want to hear what Nicki Minaj's deadbeat boyfriend has to say?

Speaking of which, the focus on gossip and shit talking has limited the amount of high end guests they can book. Nicki isn't going on there anything soon after the boyfriend interview. Drake will never go on. Cole ignored them, Kendrick probably will, Jay won't go back, etc.

Angie Martinez is stealing the big name interviews from them.

injurai

Banned
The biggest problem with the Breakfast Club is that it's never about the guests, the hosts make it about themselves. Plus the focus on gossip bullshit. Does anyone want to hear what Nicki Minaj's deadbeat boyfriend has to say?

Speaking of which, the focus on gossip and shit talking has limited the amount of high end guests they can book. Nicki isn't going on there anything soon after the boyfriend interview. Drake will never go on. Cole ignored them, Kendrick probably will, Jay won't go back, etc.

mediocrity is irrelevant
welcome to the rest of forever

RBK

Banned

Think all these artists have been on there except Drake.

overcast

bjork da goat dropping ether. It's so obvious Arca told her that lol, which makes it even more etherous.

release your political statement album by having conscious rappers write your lyrics for you brehs

associate ignorance with ether brehs
Ah the old Enzo vs. PD Yeezy debate.
Holy fuck, lmao.
Cherish the moments where your idols reaffirm your belief in them brehs
I was thinking Bjork was speaking your words.

Courage

Usually the artists don't go there because of some petty ass shit, or solely due to Charlamagne. I'd rather have their fuckery over the masturbatory, corny nature of Hot 97 interviews which also revolves around them a lot (Ebro asking Kendrick if he wants to drink his girlfriend's breast milk like wtf).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Lol @ the notion of intrastation competition. God forbid Angie get exclusives to push her new show or the two differentiate themselves.

Also the music questions Breakfast Club asks are always more than just WELL WHOS ON YOUR NEW ALBUM? BS everyone runs through. Charlamagne always asks if recent events influence people's music or their perspectives change after certain experiences, etc. They cover a diverse range of stuff, not just gossip. The only "purer" music discussion is Juan Epstein, and that's mostly an internet thing as well, I'm not even sure if that gets on air like Real Late does (which is like Juan Ep lite).

Lol @ the notion of intrastation competition. God forbid Angie get exclusives to push her new show or the two differentiate themselves.

Also the music questions Breakfast Club asks are always more than just WELL WHOS ON YOUR NEW ALBUM? BS everyone runs through. Charlamagne always asks if recent events influence people's music or their perspectives change after certain experiences, etc. They cover a diverse range of stuff, not just gossip.

Bruh Angie is Angie, she doesn't need help to push her show. Besides, typically stations can get two interviews from one artist easily.

Hmm, I haven't much of The Breakfast Club. That's insightful. I was watching a lot of Angie at one point.

Also, is that Malcom X baptizing 2pac in your avatar?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bruh Angie is Angie, she doesn't need help to push her show. Besides, typically stations can get two interviews from one artist easily.
They can, and they have, but they don't need to. I don't think J. Cole not talking to the Breakfast Club, a morning show, about racism and shit and going to Angie instead in the afternoon slot is surprising or indicative of anything. Mid-day always has the more serious stuff.

I can't think of a reason anyone besides Drake or someone else who got butthurt over some petty shit won't come back on. I give Nicki the pass because they were wrong for doing so little research on a big artist. One definite problem is that they do more/less research depending on how much they like the artist, so their worst interviews tend up being like every other one they do in a PR circuit. You'll always hear Charlamagne pull out Southern artist anecdotes, and generally Envy shares NY-centric stuff but not as much because he always feels some type of way.

overcast

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really get the point of stanning radio show hosts. Although, now that I think about it.. it's probably no different than preferring commentators/sports columnists.

DominoKid

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really get the point of stanning radio show hosts. Although, now that I think about it.. it's probably no different than preferring commentators/sports columnists.

Its like how folks watch a particular local news even though theres like 4 or 5 of them joints. Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom