• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few Tributes to Hip-Hop I made. Been waiting forever to get these scanned.

their_eyes_were_watching____by_depressionmoon-d8est3p.jpg

jordisok

So just started this Tetsuo & Youth.....who puts an 8 minute track like mural at the front end of an album?! felt like it was 30 mins long fuck

Courage

Bronson taking a shit on the whole "BRING NY BACK" mentality. I wish every artist from NY had the same mindset as Bronson, instead we got corny motherfuckers like Bobby Shmrurda and Troy fucking Ave.

I get that Lupe has something to convey on Deliver, but holy fuck is it ever delivered in a preachy and corny way. "pizza man, dont come 'round here no more!"
Really,dude?

Only song I want to hear again is the one Lupe has one verse on, Chopper.
The mid point of the album all the songs literally seem to blend into each other in a fucking indistinguishable blend of decent to good (but nothing special) beats and rambling, clumsy, stream of consciousness musings
I dont mind somewhat coherent ramblings (shit, Ghost made a career of it) but only if they entertain me. This shit dont.
Cool intro music though.

jordisok

Only song I want to hear again is the one Lupe has one verse on, Chopper.
The mid point of the album all the songs literally seem to blend into each other in a fucking indistinguishable blend of decent to good (but nothing special) beats and rambling, clumsy, stream of consciousness musings
I dont mind somewhat coherent ramblings (shit, Ghost made a career of it) but only if they entertain me. This shit dont.
Cool intro music though.

Bout 3/4 of the way through and feeling exactly the same. Dots + Lines the only track that has got a "hmm this might be interesting" kinda double take.

edit: Fam Lay feature :| wasn't expecting that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Joey BadA$$ is a competent album. No more, no less. Im feeling Big Dusty and No. 99, (drums knock on that one)
Dilla/Roots track was a disappointment to me, that should have been a recipe for something special, but nope.

DeadTsar

About to listen to Tetsuo and Youth.

I've heard no snippets or singles, and haven't listened to a single track/album Lupe has made since The Cool (which I don't really like too much).

Should be interesting

IrishNinja

thanks fam, nothing quite like #NAS LOST #SEGA LOST to remind me i'm in the wrong timeline, haha

this grrl & a bacon egg & cheese sandwich with strawberries waiting on me to wake up late, might toke & go out doing something really white like consignment/thrift store diving and meet up with people later, gotta say it was a good day

studyguy

Nah Sega's a lost cause homie.
Only took them damn near a decade to realize people wanted to play Yakuza. Maybe in another 10 years they'll bring the rest of their franchises over to PC.

Happy birthday my man

i honestly think he's talking about Jay Rock
if i recall he was a song or two away from being done late december

also I listened to that Trinidad James mixtape
first impressions
may have been the best thing released yesterday
have to listen to it a couple more times to see if it edges out Joey
can't knock the post-def jam hustle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom