• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
That's an easy no. Why would I sacrifice the best of my life for any woman. If I want to be with someone I want them to improve me/get the best out of me, not bring me down. Otherwise there's no point. Don't care about her box or how she looks. She could be Eva Mendes and I'd say no.

but...but...but....don't you care about all that money?!?!?

DSC-2356.jpg

thabiz

Brehs...would you sell your competence for a year with Badu (in her prime) in which you could smash at any time you wanted? At the end of the year you would become average to below average at your job/life - you wouldn't be fired, you might still get promoted and shit...but most people would look at you and say "damn, he had a spark when he started..."

More rules: you can smash raw without fear of getting her pregnant, up to two times a day for 365 days.

no

IrishNinja

Like this is even a hard question. Chances are anything you ever do in your life is going to be average or barely above that. Guaranteed brilliance for a year with a queen at your side? Easy choice bruh.

pretty much this, i wasnt about attaining greatness and shit anyway. it sounds like an option to mash for a year and keep on doing what i'm doing so...yeah, why not

Brehs...would you sell your competence for a year with Badu (in her prime) in which you could smash at any time you wanted? At the end of the year you would become average to below average at your job/life - you wouldn't be fired, you might still get promoted and shit...but most people would look at you and say "damn, he had a spark when he started..."

More rules: you can smash raw without fear of getting her pregnant, up to two times a day for 365 days.

I would hot dog that joint every day b

Ohnonono

Totally forgot this was coming. Sounding good. These flows!

I pre-ordered day one. I don't know why but if I can buy a mixtape I ALWAYS do. It is kinda dumb but if I am hitting up your mixtape I dig your stuff so hopefully it supports their grind. I have payed for EVERY Kevin Gates thing available on itunes.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I pre-ordered day one. I don't know why but if I can buy a mixtape I ALWAYS do. It is kinda dumb but if I am hitting up your mixtape I dig your stuff so hopefully it supports their grind. I have payed for EVERY Kevin Gates thing available on itunes.

Man, that dude has had several Cups of Noodles on you. That's what it's all about

Pathos

Banned

definitely not

Detox

Also need to add e40 to the list, man was withing sniffing distance of the box at high school and he got that lisp ever since, putting him forever off peoples goat list.

Tokubetsu

Support the things you love, that simple. I own multiple copies of Starlito's Fried and Cold Turkey. It was itunes only for awhile but then he did actual physical copies with digipak packaging. I own almost everything Alchemist has released as well. Only missing some harder to find physical "mixtapes" he did in mid 00s.

Ohnonono

Nah. I respect people who pay for artists' shit they like. Too much of this "music should be free" hippy shit going around these days for my tastes.

EazyE_article.jpg

Nice. RTJ, Dopehead, and Zlooperz were all the same way. If someone dropped something with bad production or something I would be very hesitant though. Also sometimes it is just easier to pay for the shit instead of finding people who have fucked up the ID tags and fucked with the bitrate.

Ohnonono

Support the things you love, that simple. I own multiple copies of Starlito's Fried and Cold Turkey. It was itunes only for awhile but then he did actual physical copies with digipak packaging. I own almost everything Alchemist has released as well. Only missing some harder to find physical "mixtapes" he did in mid 00s.

I also own these Starlito albums. You sir have fine taste.

Tokubetsu

I also own these Starlito albums. You sir have fine taste.

Starlito is probably my favorite rapper working right now haha. I auto-buy anything he drops. Even singles on itunes.

Never really had shit
How the fuck I'm spose to act
Toaster in my lap, I'm ridin'
Never been opposed to that
Smoke you like some dro then get ghost
Like someone wrote my raps

ICM8lek.png

Ohnonono

I support a decent amount of artists I love. Do concerts count as support? They should.

I would imagine they count more. Especially if you get merch. I have a bit of social anxiety and shit. Also it may be wrong but as a 32 year old white ass dude who just started listening to rap a year or so ago I would assume I would be pretty out of place. It took meds to get me to go see fucking Fiona Apple. Was fun though.

PBY

Banned
I would imagine they count more. Especially if you get merch. I have a bit of social anxiety and shit. Also it may be wrong but as a 32 year old white ass dude who just started listening to rap a year or so ago I would assume I would be pretty out of place. It took meds to get me to go see fucking Fiona Apple. Was fun though.
Nah it's chill. I've been the only white dude at shows before without any issues

Ohnonono

Nah it's chill. I've been the only white dude at shows before without any issues

I am in Atlanta and its not other races and a whole lot more about dumb white kids. Like... I love Danny Brown, but I am not sure I could do it. Also I feel a bit old for it. Also the stuff I would REALLY love to see would be Gibbs and Gates and stuff like that so maybe less of that shit would be there and it would just be cool.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm sort of running out of artists I feel like supporting with more than an album purchase. I can't recall the last bit of merch I bought. Probably a signed CD from some Rhymesayers kids.

PBY

Banned
I am in Atlanta and its not other races and a whole lot more about dumb white kids. Like... I love Danny Brown, but I am not sure I could do it. Also I feel a bit old for it. Also the stuff I would REALLY love to see would be Gibbs and Gates and stuff like that so maybe less of that shit would be there and it would just be cool.
Rap does tend to skew younger in terms of audiences.

Detox

Do it. Artists of that stature aren't going to be playing arenas so you're going to smaller venues filled with core fans like yourself. You'll have a blast. If you don't you'll only regret it later.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've only been to two concerts (LCD Soundsystem and Yeezus).
I've only been to the Yeezus concert and an N.E.R.D. show put on my university where I had to leave by the time they came out and I only stayed for one song. =|

Being broke sucks. I think I definitely prefer smaller venues though, feels a bit more intimate even if you don't know anyone.

HiResDes

I really can't even remember how many concerts. And money isn't the object when I know you guys have free venues that host popular acts who get their money from food and alcohol. There's this bar here in Cincy called MOTR that has an act every other night for free.

kanye puts on great shows, really theatrical and puts emphasis on stage and lights.

he's like arena-rock or pop-acts in that regard where you get what you pay for. one of the best rap shows i went to was cunninlynguists though and it was just a really small ass venue with like 30 people.

Esch

Banned
I don't like going to shows that much but yeah whenever someone decides to come to this shithole i'll drop by. Probably been to like 20-25 shows. The best part is rarely the performances, it's the crowd. Always interesting to run a mental compare/contrast with the IRL fanbase and the one you perceive on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom