• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

we don't care about your anime waifus breh

let everyone have their moment, it defines us as gafhoppers

isv7HAkDX7h4p.gif

Tokubetsu

this is why I do not fuck with Amerikkka.

Say what you want about Canada, but at least I don't gotta deal with this shit.

Y'all still treat your indigenous people like shit, particularly your women who have a high rate of disappearances. So shut the fuck up. Y'all are far from perfect with less than a quarter of USA's population. Easy to throw stones when you ain't shit.

Misguided youth? Brilliant Science Students?
Y'all still treat your indigenous people like shit, particularly your women who have a high rate of disappearances. So shut the fuck up. Y'all are far from perfect with less than a quarter of USA's population. Easy to throw stones when you ain't shit.

Yea, I should just refrain from posting tonight. Proof that Canada ain't shit either.

Oh well. Maybe in 50 more years black lives will be worth shit.

Courage

Not looking forward to the Thanksgiving dinner table discussion on this bullshit. All the ignorant racism that'll permeate for years to come. Happy fucking holidays.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yea, I should just refrain from posting tonight. Proof that Canada ain't shit either.

Oh well. Maybe in 50 more years black lives will be worth shit.
Yeah, it's not an America centric issue, but America's cultural influence is probably the strongest.

I used to do a lot of race research and when you do research on your average, educated university student and find that pretty much everyone has a different degree of pro-White bias, you sort of come to terms with how deeply systematic these issues are. Then you read about the doll experiments and find out society pretty much raises you that way.

Not looking forward to the Thanksgiving dinner table discussion on this bullshit. All the ignorant racism that'll permeate for years to come. Happy fucking holidays.
F4HMsNE.jpg

Says it all.

Esch

Banned
On the upside, at least i'm cleaning out my social media.

No matter how i slice it being here is better than any of the 3rd world countries I would have been had I not been here, but this country is Satan sometimes. The government and powers that be here have gotten so comfortable. They've sold the dumbasses that live here a vision of freedom and perfection from a young age, but it's build on bones an splattered in blood.

Tbh after Trayvon Martin I had little hope Wilson would be indited if they let a wanna be cop get off for murder what makes you think they won't do the same for a cop.

mooooose

I've got inside info from Stones Throw for anyone who cares: They're dying to put out Madvillainy 2 but they can't get DOOM in the studio, even though they're willing to throw money at him. It's half done and getting done really slowly, eventually it'll be out. I know this info isn't anything surprising but I have 100% confirmation from a Stone Throw employee.

PBY

Banned
I've got inside info from Stones Throw for anyone who cares: They're dying to put out Madvillainy 2 but they can't get DOOM in the studio, even though they're willing to throw money at him. It's half done and getting done really slowly, eventually it'll be out. I know this info isn't anything surprising but I have 100% confirmation from a Stone Throw employee.
Whewwwwww

Also fuck that ferguson thread

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Thanks for the laugh tonight man. I needed it.

#FUCKDOOM

DominoKid

if Act II or Madvillainy 2 released 6 months from now and it's an instant classic, but the other one would never come out, which one would you pick?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Madvillainy, purely for that Madlib production. especially if it's instant classic status. Jay Elec can continue staying irrelevant...

Hair_flip_Santany.gif

Courage

if Act II or Madvillainy 2 released 6 months from now and it's an instant classic, but the other one would never come out, which one would you pick?

Act II. We already got a MF Doom/Madlib album. I wanna see what Jay Electronica has to offer.

This is coming from a guy that thinks Madvillainy is one of the best albums of all time.

Sounds like Doom's either:

- Taking his sweet time to make sure it's perfect, trying to get inspired

- Busy with Nehru among other projects

I'd say both of these would be the reason. Who knows though

CRS

Fuck both of them. Worry about music that's actually exists with the possibility of getting released instead of hoping for something that'll never come.

HiResDes

Fuck both of them. Worry about music that's actually exists with the possibility of getting released instead of hoping for something that'll never come.
I think Jay deserves more hate than Doom who is still fairly prolific in terms of overall releases.

CRS

I agree but it's not even hate though. I just shake my head when people are wasting their time and breath for something that's been scheduled to release for 7/8 years (that goes for both Jay E and Madvillainy 3 2.

DOOM already put out more than enough piff so he could do whatever he pleases.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
#factsonly, we aint gonna see no music about this ferguson shit. Especially from our rap 'idols'.
Well Macklemore will definitely have something to say since he was out there.

I expect Cole to talk about it on his new album.

Game always seems to come through, and the song he did for Michael Brown and all it's features was pretty good IMO.

TBH I fear ignorant perspective coming out of rappers more than no perspective at all.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
To be honest, this shit is why I semi-buy into the conspiracy about how rap became so commercialized so fast. Music does bring people to action and they can't be having that. The same thing happened with rock and punk. We'll hear from independent people and maybe somebody like Game who is on the other side of his career, but nobody at the top will say some shit. Kanye may through in a line in between talking about his velour condom line or whatever, but that'll be about it.

WanderingWind

Still waiting on all these other, non-Macklemore rappers to make a whole song about gay rights and marriage equality. They apparently didn't need no white voice to talk about the issue.

overcast

I'm not sure I would want a song from every rapper. Seems unnecessary. Some people will make one though. Ross, Game or Cole probably.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I guess it's really hit me that I no longer expect insightful social commentary from my music.

Like WW said, it might get thrown in there as a punch line or more likely mentioned very generally, reiterating what we've already been bombarded with in 100 different permutations via social media and blogs (more outlets to reach people nowadays).

This is part of why I hold Pac so highly, he really put it all out on the table: hypocrisy, systematic issues, desire, contemplation, reflection, even ignorance (of the roots of issues). There was no perspective or side of a story left untouched.

EDIT; Ferguson thread is getting increasingly ridiculous. Time to force myself asleep.

WanderingWind

I'm not sure I would want a song from every rapper. Seems unnecessary. Some people will make one though. Ross, Game or Cole probably.

For sure. But when the backlash happened it was because we didn't need no privileged white dude rapping about supporting marriage equality. Except the game sort of needed somebody to make a song about it. And Macklegod sacrificed his rep, traded the indie rep in for being a "cornball" for rapping about shit "everybody" already agreed with. Everybody in the case being nobody in rap.

Like the rest of social issues, nobody wants to rock the boat in rap.Too much money to be had and nobody wants to be Trinidad'd.

overcast

Well, I mean plenty of statements have been made in rap. I have no problem with rappers going social, I just don't expect it from everyone after this case. I don't need it from everyone.

I'm just hoping rappers don't go full idiot/ignorant which seems to be happening a lot this year.

I guess it's really hit me that I no longer expect insightful social commentary from my music.

Like WW said, it might get thrown in there as a punch line or more likely mentioned very generally, reiterating what we've already been bombarded with in 100 different permutations via social media and blogs (more outlets to reach people nowadays).

This is part of why I hold Pac so highly, he really put it all out on the table: hypocrisy, systematic issues, desire, contemplation, reflection, even ignorance (of the roots of issues). There was no perspective or side of a story left untouched.

EDIT; Ferguson thread is getting increasingly ridiculous. Time to force myself asleep.

Great post. I agree with everything you've said.

Nibel

Man, the Ferguson news makes me angry. The entire system is corrupt and stinks. This is one of those times where you read something so ridiculous that you are unable to say anything anymore.

And yeah, our rap 'idols' will keep on making music about how they blow money and talk whack shit all the time. Nobody of the 'big ones' will probably do anything more than send a sad tweet or Instagram picture, probably not even that.

HiResDes

Everyone on mello music group is still making insightful rap music. And we groups like RtJ and Armand Hammer still holding it down as well.

Courage

Man, the Ferguson news makes me angry. The entire system is corrupt and stinks. This is one of those times where you read something so ridiculous that you are unable to say anything anymore.

And yeah, our rap 'idols' will keep on making music about how they blow money and talk whack shit all the time. Nobody of the 'big ones' will probably do anything more than send a sad tweet or Instagram picture, probably not even that.

It's sad, because if one of the big guys (Jay especially) made a song, others would follow suit. Fuck burning bridges and pissing the wrong people off, this isn't something you let subside until there's an inevitable next time.

HiResDes

It's sad, because if one of the big guys (Jay especially) made a song, others would follow suit. Fuck burning bridges and pissing the wrong people off, this isn't something you let subside until there's an inevitable next time.
Jay-Z would make a song in support of the neo conservatives at this point.

Macklemore, Q-Tip, and Fredo Santana are actively protesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom