• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
first hip hop show was odd future in 2011

beli.png
beli.png

Courage

Yeezus show was surreal. HRD is right though, I could definitely go to most shows and just not buy a game or two that year, but I don't. I usually end up seeing tour dates for artists I like and being like "cool, I'll get a ticket as time approaches" and just forget. I'll look to amend that tho.

Cheddahz

Banned
From odd future stanning to Young Thug stanning

that track record spotless

my friend had an extra ticket and invited me to go with him (wasn't a huge fan of the group then and i still am not), but i'm glad i went, because it mainly was a secret waka flocka show

though i found out a few nights later that kanye and jay z were playing in atlanta the same night....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thug is artist of the year, TBH. The amount of bangers he's put out in the past year (and stuff at the end of 2013 that was bubbling this year) is ridiculous. It's not always some bullshit either, I love his verse on Old English because he's spitting some shit. Dat imagery:

Had a little soda, put the tan on it
I got the shit for the L-O, I think my Shawty want it
I drink more mud than a pig, I think pork want me
And the front of the Mas-i look like a fork don't it?

ibq04GWsxunkdQ.gif

Enzo probably hasn't heard more than 3 songs from either of them lol.
Nah, I used to know this chick who stanned 80s acts heavy and this was around Graduation came out. Would be tryna put her on on the bus ride home but all she'd play is Duran Duran and New Kids on the Block.

Man that Shy Glizzy song Awwsome I kind of hate it but at the same time love it. Dudes first verse for the most part is so good but the rest of the song ruins it for me lol.

Fjordson

Haven't been to a hip-hop show in a while. Last one was Blu and Exile I think.

It was okay. Enjoyed it as a Blu stan, but he was kinda dull live. Seemed like he really didn't want to be there.

I saw Usher and Kanye back in 2004 when Confessions was huge at that point. Then I saw Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy last year in June was pretty fucking hype the whole time. I ended 2013 with Yeezus with Kendrick as the headliner and :wow: that was a experience brehs. This year my friend paid my way to the Flatbush concert two weeks back in Houston was cool even though I don't fuck with their music like that.

Haven't been to a hip-hop show in a while. Last one was Blu and Exile I think.

It was okay. Enjoyed it as a Blu stan, but he was kinda dull live. Seemed like he really didn't want to be there.

I used to watch Blu sets on youtube during my stan days...sometimes he was dope, other times he had zero energy and you could tell Exile was carrying him.

Must suck to see TDE, Nipsey, and a host of other west coast acts lap you doing shit you perfected nearly a decade ago.

Esch

Banned
I remember stanning for Blu too. I blame him singlehandedly for how jaded/cautious I am towards new hyped artists in the underground. People trying to front like above average shit like HerFavColour and wack unmastered electro rap diddlepoops were some next shit. Nah man, nah.

wLJ0ZFZ.png

Fjordson

I love Her Favorite Colour.

But everything recently. Just can't get into it. Like his Good to Be Home album this year. It was just the definition of okay at best. Damn shame because he was one of my favourites in the game. Still is for his earlier material.

Give Me My Flowers was pretty dope, but that was recorded years ago.

I used to watch Blu sets on youtube during my stan days...sometimes he was dope, other times he had zero energy and you could tell Exile was carrying him.
Yeah, that's kinda how this set was. He wasn't bad, I'm glad I went, but it was a little disappointing.

I really liked Johnson&Johnson and HerFavColour. They were dope projects that dominated my iPod for months. I thought he was truly That Dude, in a way that I had never really felt about a new-ish rapper outside of Phonte back when LB came out and Jay Elect. I'm not even that diehard about Kendrick.

However I will say that HerFavColour wasn't what I wanted as a fan. I remember the frustration of Blu's production, sampling nonstop from 40s and 50s records and rapping very mellow; at the time I was sort of in a dark place though, so eventually it clicked with me...too well. Today I understand that it was him trying to move away from the Blu & Exile sound, shrinking from the spotlight and dealing with depression. People forget but Blu had labels knocking his door down.

If he had come out a couple years later his career might have been quite different. Instead the class that came after him (Cole, Drake, Kendrick, etc) took off and never looked back.

Vorheez

Ca$h Out - Kitchens and Choppas
Yung Gleesh - Cleansides Finest 3
Rocko - IGNANT
King Louie - T.O.N.Y.
OG Maco & Key - Give Em Hell
Zuse - Bullet
Kevin Gates - By Any Means
ManManSavage - FreeManManSavage
Cashy - Platinum Plus
Cashy - Priceless
Shy Glizzy - Young Jefe (Has some real lows, but some great highs too)
Father - Young Hot Ebony
Gunplay - Gunplay (NO DJ)

Other albums slept on hella from the past that your probably don't got
Tezo - Work
Gucci Kray Lagoth - Ice Cream & Mac 10s
Key! - Fathersarethecurse
40Thousand - Digital Cocaine
Reese - DSNRTRAPN

...And just because I didn't post the covers don't think I didn't bring the heat on this post.

....You know about the other popular stuff I already know
Where do you put Trap God 3 Des? Just started listening to it and I think it's great. I'll have to check out the other ones on your list though for comparison.

My first concert was a Beyonce one with my cousins, since they got free tickets. But the first one I paid for was a Black star concert like 2-3 years ago.

HiResDes

Where do you put Trap God 3 Des? Just started listening to it and I think it's great. I'll have to check out the other ones on your list though for comparison.
It ain't no Mr. Zone 6. I'm a big Gucci fan, but I feel like his tapes are always really front loaded and contain only a few true keepers. He needs to filter out some of the filler. I like most of those tapes more. I favor a different kind of trap.

PBY

Banned
Brehs. What's the easiest way to upload pics from my phone to this board from my phone?

Got some vinyl pics

Cheddahz

Banned
be careful out there esch

edit: probaby won't be as bad as people are making it out to be after the decision, but don't wanna see one of the fam get hurt still

Ca$h Out - Kitchens and Choppas
Yung Gleesh - Cleansides Finest 3
Rocko - IGNANT
King Louie - T.O.N.Y.
OG Maco & Key - Give Em Hell
Zuse - Bullet
Kevin Gates - By Any Means
ManManSavage - FreeManManSavage
Cashy - Platinum Plus
Cashy - Priceless
Shy Glizzy - Young Jefe (Has some real lows, but some great highs too)
Father - Young Hot Ebony
Gunplay - Gunplay (NO DJ)

Other albums slept on hella from the past that your probably don't got
Tezo - Work
Gucci Kray Lagoth - Ice Cream & Mac 10s
Key! - Fathersarethecurse
40Thousand - Digital Cocaine
Reese - DSNRTRAPN

...And just because I didn't post the covers don't think I didn't bring the heat on this post.

....You know about the other popular stuff I already know

My boy thanks for putting me on that King Louie. Dope list all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom