• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if both Kendrick and Kanye release bs albums
as of right now, they both seem to be going in that direction

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You already know Kanye is going to put out ass. Everybody knows goddamn well and good Yeezus was shit, but they weren't ready to admit it in front of everybody. They're ready now though, I tell you what.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if both Kendrick and Kanye release bs albums
as of right now, they both seem to be going in that direction

I really have no idea what to expect from both of them.

As long as Paul Mcacney is still around Kanye.. nothing good can come from it

overcast

Yeah, TDE management talks shit. Especially dangeroo (top dawg? I always fucking forget).
I feel everyone there, except Jay Rock, have lost their minds at this point.
Q is fine :]

Kanye, please release a good song soon. This McCartney shit is so plain.

Have a goal to sell a millie with a failed single. This is TDE management.

Why even put that in the atmosphere. Instead of selling 400k first week and having it be seen as a big success, they're setting themselves up for people to associate even more disappointment with the album. It's highly unlikely the album will be perceived as better than GKMC...that's just a reality of making music. So now it'll be a "flop" and "worse than GKMC" lol.

Drake can't even sell one mil in a week, how the hell do they expect Kendrick to lol...

overcast

Going almost gold in first week would be such an achievement, especially with an album that doesn't have a hit on it. Fucking management always throwing more punches (lol) than the artists themselves. Let the music do the talking. Like the Mark Cuban of TDE.

Maybe they were talking about Jay Rock :moonface:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
By now we should know Top & TDE are the absolute worst at maintaining momentum inbetween releases. Restricting features (whether that be Top or Kendrick's choice, nobody but a Jay or Dre can get away with this), teasing after long silences and fan unrest, CEO's flexing their egos, assuming they can still run shit like they're indie when they have this big of a following, I think they even take shots at fans sometimes?

Buried the idea that Kendrick could be the next "big" artist or surpass Drake a while ago. Him nor his management are built for that, and shit like "i" falling flat outside of just online hip-hop nerds is really putting a question mark next to his consistency, which shouldn't even be there after his last two well received projects, but it is. Kendrick is relying pretty heavily on the anticipation and I guess the aura of a hip hop golden child way too much here and it's beginning to bite him in the ass. Recent interviews are kind of pointing to him being in his own head too.

FWIW, I still think he can and might drop a great album, but we're beyond the point where you can just say it's under/over expectations because of GKMC.

Can't believe I'm looking forward to a Kendrick album more than the next Ye solo. Get your shit together, Ye.

By now we should know Top & TDE are the absolute worst at maintaining momentum inbetween releases. Restricting features (whether that be Top or Kendrick's choice, nobody but a Jay or Dre can get away with this), teasing after long silences and fan unrest, CEO's flexing their egos, assuming they can still run shit like they're indie when they have this big of a following, I think they even take shots at fans sometimes?

Buried the idea that Kendrick could be the next "big" artist or surpass Drake a while ago. Him nor his management are built for that, and shit like "i" falling flat outside of just online hip-hop nerds is really putting a question mark next to his consistency, which shouldn't even be there after his last two well received projects, but it is. Kendrick is relying pretty heavily on the anticipation and I guess the aura of a hip hop golden child way too much here and it's beginning to bite him in the ass. Recent interviews are kind of pointing to him being in his own head too.

FWIW, I still think he can and might drop a great album, but we're beyond the point where you can just say it's under/over expectations because of GKMC.

Can't believe I'm looking forward to a Kendrick album more than the next Ye solo. Get your shit together, Ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxJV8zHrVk

Esch

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKkZhhnuFk

studyguy

TDE looking to hold the Biggest Disappointment vote into 2015.
Back to back wins yall

TDE looking to hold the Biggest Disappointment vote into 2015.
Back to back wins yall

image.php

Esch

Banned
How much long is Hnoos going to milk the 808s / lame role. We get it dude, you got cuckolded by Jay and AI, then married the girl who recorded Milkshake, then fucked that up with her too.

Perhaps i'm underestimating the depth of the hurt man feelings anthem market
myyqQEs.png

overcast

Esch

Banned
Life is Good is decent, not better than American Gangster. Probably about a half-notch above Watch the Throne. It's not that sonically cohesive and has a really really boring middle section, manages to pick itself up in the last 4 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom