• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't listen to much modern rap, but I just wanted to share with Gaf-Hop that I am in love with Death Grips

Anything like them or stuff I might like based on them?

Courage

Kxb7tMh.png

Sorry brehs but Sean don's singles are way better than Yeezy's or K.dots at the moment. Shit the best the thing we've heard from K.dots album may not even make the album both of them are flopping they asses out right now.

Courage

Sorry brehs but Sean don's singles are way better than Yeezy's or K.dots at the moment. Shit the best the thing we've heard from K.dots album may not even make the album both of them are flopping they asses out right now.

I agree but you're basically saying IDFWU > Only One + i.

It's obvious Only One isn't the direction Kanye is gonna take his 7th solo. It's just a cute loosie that might pop up as a bonus track. Y'all should have been convinced of that ever since McCartney's rep said he's not coproducing the whole album. I'm more worried about Kendrick; his mentality leading up to this album is pretty cringeworthy.

overcast

We've heard one song from each artist. 2 are bad, 1 is meh. All there is to it.

2 of them are from well established acts who I will give the benefit of the doubt to. They may also not be indicative of what is in the album, because we don't know that much.

1 of the songs is from Big Sean, who sometimes drops good verses/songs but kinda sucks most of the time.

IrishNinja

that last page tho

wow those two names make a cross
yeezus about to sacrifice himself for us
Touring with Rhi for the greater good of music
what a visionary
;_;7
steve jobs
powerful
walt disney
#DONDA

Yeezus concert turned me into a man.

Yeezus is dead. Yeezus remains dead. And the billboards have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the consumers of all consumers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

KTT, brought straight to my door.
sensational.

Mccarthy season approaches

i don't know what this gif looks like, but it needs to happen

Have a goal to sell a millie with a failed single. This is TDE management.

who says gaming side has bullshit #'s/expectations on lock

You already know Kanye is going to put out ass. Everybody knows goddamn well and good Yeezus was shit, but they weren't ready to admit it in front of everybody. They're ready now though, I tell you what.

he did blood on the leaves tho
blood on the leeeaveees

Idk if Bronson will even do Danny Brown numbers

yeah i know everyone says he's got a comfortable lane but can't help but wonder how he could expand it - dude oozes charisma. maybe a soundtrack/show feature for something like an easy rider type track? id unno

my favorite artists is bandcamp, he puts out a lot of varied material

dude's prolific but quality wise you fuckin never know what you're getting
at least prices are right

Tough time to be a soulja girl.

Persevere.

blessed be the fuckboys, for they shall inherit the earf

as a CAC this is the kinda swagger we aspire to
i mean, look at homegirl. she's downplaying it but those panties so wet, you could drown an infant in em, please believe

enzo_gt
(Today, 02:09 PM)

enzoe rule is a plague, and shit's finally spreading
esh foretold this

this is the kinda counter i usually have to watch SFIII bouts in classic evo matches for

irish, hes doing it again.

you know, some of these ninjas is so deceptive, usin my style like a contraceptive

Life is Good is decent, not better than American Gangster.

that anti-phnauz/esco confirmation bias doe

well sure, i mean if it never shows up i'll support that

are we really basing this off one track from each artist so far
edit: courage kinda pointed out the faulty logic here breh

PBY

Banned
We've heard one song from each artist. 2 are bad, 1 is meh. All there is to it.

2 of them are from well established acts who I will give the benefit of the doubt to. They may also not be indicative of what is in the album, because we don't know that much.

1 of the songs is from Big Sean, who sometimes drops good verses/songs but kinda sucks most of the time.
Both of sean dons songs are 🔥tho

Travis Scott gonna run 2015

I agree but you're basically saying IDFWU + Blessings > Only One & 45 seconds + i.

It's obvious Only One isn't the direction Kanye is gonna take his 7th solo. It's just a cute loosie that might pop up as a bonus track. Y'all should have been convinced of that ever since McCartney's rep said he's not coproducing the whole album. I'm more worried about Kendrick; his mentality leading up to this album is pretty cringeworthy.

I like Only One a lot tbh and 45 is ok.. and I just can't bring myself to listen to i. Yeah I you guys are right we don't know anything about either that's why said I was looking forward to Sean's album more at this point due to the singles.

How much long is Hnoos going to milk the 808s / lame role. We get it dude, you got cuckolded by Jay and AI, then married the girl who recorded Milkshake, then fucked that up with her too.

Perhaps i'm underestimating the depth of the hurt man feelings anthem market
myyqQEs.png

goddamnit im dying over here

IrishNinja

you know my steeeeez

^ This motherfucker is marking his territory. Hahaha

one day ima bribe a mod to let me get the last post in an OT where i just copy/paste all my quotes from that thread's 200 pages
it'll be my finest work~

Oh great, another 10+ tracks long album dealing with Pusha's past as a crack dealer

damn
for real though, didn't expect much but My Name was a solid album

Courage

I'm gonna laugh when King Push ends up being a better album than "Give A Little Love And It All Comes Back To You: A Kendrick Lamar Presentation."

didn't you listen to eminem's Marshall Mathers LP?

Oh, y'all are using him as a replacement for fans? As long ago as it was when that song came out I didn't see people start to use it until I started posting in this thread a year ago.

Been working on this Nerdcore thread for a while. Hopefully, I can get some people onto some new artists and some people will get me onto new ones as well.

King Push could be good depends on how many of The Neptunes tracks from their month long session will make the album. Kanye and The Neptunes as excutive producers would be a much better for Push than Ye by himself the neptunes are so instrumental to his sound and it was missed on MNIMN that said MNIMN was dope IMO.

Eos

Oh, y'all are using him as a replacement for fans? As long ago as it was when that song came out I didn't see people start to use it until I started posting in this thread a year ago.

ironically eminem stans are the worst
"i don't really listen to rap but eminem is the best rapper, alive or dead"

I kinda agree with Enzo. While TDE deserves blame, by now we have to acknowledge that Kendrick is playing the game on his terms, similar to Cole. Neither release throwaway tracks for buzz or keep their names in the news. Cole released an album, did a couple videos, and bounced; dude still doesn't have a single on the radio getting play, despite the album have a couple obvious single choices. There are positives and minuses to this. The obvious positive is that it fully capitalizes on a loyal fanbase to deliver results (sales, tour, etc). The minus is that you can't fully reach the mainstream while limiting yourself to your existing fanbase+new bandwagoners.

The TDE problem comes in with their mixed messaging and goals. On one hand they operate like an indie label, driving a van around handing out free swag and selling merchandise. On the other hand Kendrick is headlining huge festivals and they seem to want to make him a household name. They can deny it all they want but the management clearly expected "i" to be a huge hit; remember Top posting the video of Ellen using it on her show? I sure as hell don't believe Kendrick created that song to be a hit, he doesn't care either way and threw it out for the homies (literally). But TDE does.

TDE is operating like Kendrick is on Drake's level. He's not, and won't ever be. This Taylor Swift/Kendrick thing is happening in the media but truth be told, Drake is more in tune with her audience than Kendrick is.

IrishNinja

"Give A Little Love And It All Comes Back To You: A Kendrick Lamar Presentation."

this subtitle, it's too good

King Push could be good depends on how many of The Neptunes tracks from their month long session will make the album. Kanye and The Neptunes as excutive producers would be a much better for Push than Ye by himself the neptunes are so instrumental to his sound and it was missed on MNIMN that said MNIMN was dope IMO.

shh don't let gaf hoppers here you praising classic neptunes work on shit like lord willin', feelings get caught

If 2015 is gonna be the year of positivity and loving yourself I might as well just blow my brains out.

there's this beatnik bar of skeletons in chapter 2 of Griim Fandango, i totally picture you & tokus drinking there sometimes and i wanna go too

Guys need a lawyer well Mike Jones got one for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEsLNykkg3Q

WHO?
man this is the best thing im gonna see today, and still more honorable than say Fat Joe's current hustle

dude still doesn't have a single on the radio getting play, despite the album have a couple obvious single choices.

wait i dont know the name of it but there's a cole track of his last shit that's totally gettin played on the regular down here

Mau ®

Has it been confirmed yet that it's on both of their albums ?

Not from their reps but a Roc Nation A&R made the claim it's going to be on both albums.

There's also some confusion going on because Kanye played a song that featured Rihanna track at a tech event. Attendees claim that song was not 45S.

Who knows though...

My dream guest list for PT3 (limited to five):

-Freddie Gibbs
-Fiend
-Styles P
-Roc Marciano
-Krazie Bone

also a Terrace Martin produced track. Spitta floating on dem sax solos whewww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom