• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do a full album review later, just going to talk about some quick shit first. Listening to this Lupe album, Blur My Hands...I've spent the last few years shaking my head at Lupe's attempts to essentially troll music. While Thot 97 wasn't bad I still thought it was kind of asinine, and his other shit was worse.

And yet...this dude managed to make a troll pop rap song that's actually dope. The track itself sounds like a hit - catchy anthem hook, nice production that bumps, etc...but the lyrics are classic Lupe double meanings, references, etc. The first verse especially is probably enough to turn a radio listener off, whereas the second and third seem more appealing to mainstream audiences. In short there's just enough obscurity to rob Atlantic of a radio hit.

Very good song, very good troll. I'm impressed.

Count, I came up with my own avatar because you kinda taking too long and I ain't trying to be a chump escaping the bet so I'm rocking this for my soulja girls out there across the world til you come up with send me something

Wenis aint come through this time
IESH0Ly.png

Vorheez

im tellin yall, that big sean album gonna be something special. forget about ye and kendrick. The beat at the end of this ad is one of the dopest things ive ever heard in music, i'm not even kidding, pretty sure its a ye beat too

get ready for that aoty

Esch

Banned
Bronson is 3 for 3. Nothing special but he's about to deliver a fun record with some varied, top tier production. Cool.

bout time someone finally posted this
now if only someone would post that Pooh song by apollo brown

for real though, hot track...can't remember the last bronson shit i didn't like

Finally we can agree on something. Bronson is fiyah. Can't find something that is bad just like big pun.

Cheddahz

Banned
Have any of y'all been to any concerts before?

MC Lyte came to my school and I dug it. I asked her to have my baby when she came on stage. I was mad that so few people attended it though. Those young bloods don't appreciate the founders. All those people paid to go to the whack ass Trinidad James concert we had for our Spring Fling, but didn't go to see MC Lyte and Lyte's was free.

I much rather go see Trinidad James

more aughts dust from yours truly.

Soul Position - 8 Million Stories

RJD2...remember him? Full album of dope production and standard conscious rap. In hindsight I kind of cringe at Blueprint as a rapper; he has the typical holier than thou backpack rap voice and pronunciation style, but was/is a dope rapper.

Exile - Radio

One of the best sample choppers, randomly sampling music from the radio to create a pretty amazing instrumental album.

P.O.S. - Audition

Pretty sure a lot of people here are familiar with POS/Doomtree.

Johnson&Johnson - Johnson&Johnson

Those that argue Blu only had one album casually ignore how good this album was. Was it BTH? No. But it was perhaps the last time we were blessed by Blu in his prime, before the drugs drained his soul.

Hell Razah - Renaissance Child

More holy water than dust. I see you Toku. You know you were listening to this.

J Rawls & John Robinson

Dope jazz rap. If you're a DOOM stan you probably remember John Robinson from Who Is This Man?, ie that album you checked out because it was fully produced by DOOM only to learn it was mainly just Robinson rapping over Special Herbs beats; it was cool but not what I wanted. Anyway if you like jazz rap and smooth flows you'll probably fux with this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Forgot about that Hell Razah album. Listened to that one a lot. Buried Alive and Runaway Sambo were my shit. So full of righteous anger. Wonder whatever happened to that dude.

HiResDes

I just copped the new Niko Is and downloaded the new Azizi Gibson as well, about to eat...Also the Open Mike Eagle EP is quite quality

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I just want to say I resent Lupe for making an album I actually really enjoy. Motherfucker couldn't let me just continue hating his music, he had to go and make something good. Fuckfaced ass fuckface.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Haven't listened to lupe since the cool or whatever it was called. I only liked a few songs on that album. Kick Push was okay, though. That was the year that King was one of the best rap albums out.

codhand

Bronson is 3 for 3. Nothing special but he's about to deliver a fun record with some varied, top tier production. Cool.

and we havent even heard the hopefully inevitable Fraud and Supplies tracks yet

34yW3HR.png

EDIT
I guess Easy Rider is a Supplies beat, but he has more beats on it we still havent heard

Eos

new droog is nice. can't wait for his next project.
edit: woah I thought it was gonna be just a song but this is his next project, even better

Young Thug on GQ

"Why is it such a young man's game?
If you're 30, 40 years old, you're not getting listened to by minors. Like, Jay Z has some of the sickest lyrics ever, but I would never buy his CD, just because of my age and because of his age. By the time I turn that old, I ain't gonna be doing what he's doing."

They just putting anybody on GQ huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom