• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spitta ... classic ... fire
whoa.png

Esch

Banned
Spitta about to drop like his fourth classic. If this shit this fire I might have to put his discog over Hov and GFK.
2sbd10Q.png

Dude got so many horrible duds and throwaway projects, I love him overall but for every pilot talk theres like 7 Here's and Muscle Car Chronicles lol

plus even as a 'stan' i have to admit his classics aren't really game / culture shifters

Tokubetsu

2sbd10Q.png

Dude got so many horrible duds and throwaway projects, I love him overall but for every pilot talk theres like 7 Here's and Muscle Car Chronicles lol

plus even as a 'stan' i have to admit his classics aren't really game / culture shifters

Qvuadzy.gif

iavi

Pilot talk I, II, and Covert Coupe are classics. But then the rest is trash. 1 for 5 is spot on.

#stillwaitingforcovertcoupe2

Esch

Banned
Its simple really.

Spitta has two `classic` albums and one 'classic' EP.

Pilot Talk 2 ain't as good as those. it has real high highs tho.

RBK

Banned
PT2 was meh, Cigarette Boats is pretty good even though I only go back for two songs.

Can we include How Fly?

HiResDes

Is there a greater QB than Dan Marino? Haven't watched much football though.
If we're talking pure passing stats Manning is better, if we're talking about actual measurable on field success than Brady, Montana, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Elway, and Roger Staubach all have better accolades.

You could argue Spitta has had a lot of influence in terms of the weed rap revival. I say revival not because it was previously dead (it wasn't), but because Wiz and Spitta really exploded the market and in Wiz's case made it more mainstream.

Pilot Talk is classic, and Covert Coup is a personal classic. I definitely think Covert Coup is his best project by far but Pilot Talk had more impact IMO.

I need to revisit PT2. I never really marinated in it like PT1. It's dope but didn't hit me like that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just made a major life purchase. Just dropped ducketts on a Dyson vacuum. Life Changer.

Courage

I think you'd be giving Curren$y more credit than he's due by saying he revived or even largely influenced weed rap. That can solely be attributed to Wiz.

Esch

Banned
You can't pin the 'revival' of weed / drug rap on anyone. Wiz is the most popular, but there have been dudes like Spitta, Devin the Dude, Dom Kennedy,
Kid Cudi
, Mac Miller etc etc cooking in the scene for years and years now. Plus all the left sounding themed shit coming out of the west coast, not just lyrically but instrumentally also. This is a movement after all...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Doesn't something have to die before it can be revived? When has there not been 'weed' rap? Maybe for like, one week in 2008.

You could argue Spitta has had a lot of influence in terms of the weed rap revival. I say revival not because it was previously dead (it wasn't), but because Wiz and Spitta really exploded the market and in Wiz's case made it more mainstream.

Pilot Talk is classic, and Covert Coup is a personal classic. I definitely think Covert Coup is his best project by far but Pilot Talk had more impact IMO.

I need to revisit PT2. I never really marinated in it like PT1. It's dope but didn't hit me like that.

I think you'd be giving Curren$y more credit than he's due by saying he revived or even largely influenced weed rap. That can solely be attributed to Wiz.

I'd say you're right in terms of THIS generation of people every generation gets their weed rappers this gen we got Spitta and to a larger degree Wiz.

Tokubetsu

Stoned Immaculate doesn't get enough love. Very strong album with only a 2 or so weak songs (the wale opener). If PT is his illmatic, Covert Coup his Stillmatic, then Stoned Immaculate is his It Was Written.

shoutouts to PD

Stoned Immaculate doesn't get enough love. Very strong album with only a 2 or so weak songs (the wale opener). If PT is his illmatic, Covert Coup his Stillmatic, then Stoned Immaculate is his It Was Written.

shoutouts to PD

You know I really fucked with it heavy during the summer it came out I still go back to it every once in a while I mean tracks like showroom :wow:

Esch

Banned
I'm not even saying that negatively really. I like verde terrace. but it doesnt hold up that well as a project, kinda like new jet city.

jordisok

Feel like appreciation for Curren$y increases with age, could go back and slap my younger self for dropping Pilot Talk after one play :\

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Appreciation for Spitta increases with the more life shit you gotta deal with and just need some music to zone in and out to.

Feel like appreciation for Curren$y increases with age, could go back and slap my younger self for dropping Pilot Talk after one play :\

Appreciation for Spitta increases with the more life shit you gotta deal with and just need some music to zone in and out to.

Feel the same way use to play a certain tracks on both PT's then I started listening to the whole thing once I needed to chill out.

Esch

Banned
It's cause his vision of the hustle is so much more genuinely working class. It makes him relate-able. Spitta out here doing it for us 9 to 5 mans

Stoned Immaculate was dope. Let us apply the Esch patented song approach to rate it's worth.

What It Look Like
umr4lwn.png

Privacy Glass
vOONh7v.png

Armoire
kN0vCUf.png

Take You There
SOwCzsF.png

Showroom
3pR351j.png

Capital
HHDZVs5.png

No Squares
9D7WvL6.png

Sunroof
LrPQKdM.png

Chasing Paper
LdkDNbX.png

That's The Life
QfEBYuB.png

Chandelier
aXC9nsJ.png

Fast Cars Faster Women
kJrbWub.png

Jet Life
qIRHMEM.png

10/13. It's a dope album. Some glossier production yet when applied to his already chill sound it feels even more smooth. I fux with it.

I'm probably in the minority but I just hate Jet Life (the song). KRIT hook is horrible, don't like the beat either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom